Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Would You Buy More From The Market If The Prices Were More Reasonable?

D3ST

I might. The prices are awful as they are now, I don't see how anyone could think otherwise.

It's a shame they'd never just go for full Steam market integration.

because some have already bought from the market with those prices, changing existing items value now is a nono. like the devs stated future items will have adjusted values.

I hate to pull the "its a beta" card, but the devs claim the game's a beta. Supposedly, we're going in with the expectation that items can be wiped or changed at any time.

Yes.  The prices are a bit ridiculous.  I will never buy anything on the market now, but if frames were around $5 each ($15 -$20 for newer or prime ones) then I would be spending all kinds of cash on them. I would probably buy every single frame at that price assuming we can have that many slots. The weapon packs are equally as outrageous.  One costs 800 platinum; that is $53.34, which is just silly.  

I won't spend a penny on Warframe at these prices even though I spent hundreds on DFO.  I get the feeling that DE is afraid that they will run out of things for people to buy if they lower the prices to the point people start snatching things up.

The prices are pretty reasonable. If you purchase a large amount of platinum like with Prime Access the platinum price is about 3-4 cents. So something like marketplace Soma is less than $10.

Isn't the soma a weapon whose bp you can buy? So unless you're brand new, you can buy:

BP: 50k credits

rush:    50p

slots:   12p

potato: 20p

6 forma: 120p

3-day affinity booster: 40p

Total= 242p

Soma market price: 265

I think that market prices are seriously out of wack

Edited by Chupacabra

It would be a risk if they lowered the prices, because we can make platinum without paying. 

Their only way to keep people paying for platinums is to keep the prices high enough to prevent them from buying everything with free money.

It would be a risk if they lowered the prices, because we can make platinum without paying. 

Their only way to keep people paying for platinums is to keep the prices high enough to prevent them from buying everything with free money.

Someone did pay for that platinum, you realize.

People, please refrain from trying to argue platinum prices from the point of view of DE. We have not been given anything in regards to how platinum is used on the market. Conjecture on how platinum is spent in-game is pointless, if not actively harmful to the discussion.

The question is not "Can DE make money with cheaper prices?" But, "Do you, as a consumer feel the prices are fair?" And we can only argue that from the consumer's point of view.

I stopped playing in part because I ran out of weapon and frame slots and I'm not willing to buy plat for anything less than the 75% discount.

I don't want boosts or (most) of the cosmetics or to buy weapons/sentinels/primes/etc. so I'm not interested in the packages, and getting plat on its own is pretty steep without the discounts, so I just pop on every nwo and then and hope against hope I'll get that discount.

So far it's just been a torrent of xp for all of my almost entirely maxed equipment though.

What?  Are you talking about trading Platinum with other players?  You know they had to buy that, right?

What they need to do is make colors free and start selling a large amount cosmetic items.  Items that can really make your characters look different (e.g. a cute anime girl face for the female Frames, large Legend of Dragoon-esque energy wings) would be their best bet if they were reasonably priced and came in a steady stream. Plus, I would be happy to spend money on items like that and frames for $5 to $10 each (Sell new and prime  Frames for $15 - $20, but I would personally wait for them to go on sale). 

So to recap

-make frames $10,

-make energy wings,

-sell energy wings for $5 each,

-make them Frame specific

-obtain lots of money and happy customers/players

EDIT: Also leave Frame slots as a paid convience, but open all weapon slots for free.  More gear = more things to level = players in your game longer = more oppurtunities to sell them things

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

How so?

"hey I bought this <item> for 200 platinum and a year and a half later they drop it down to 50p, I'm outraged and want my money back"

Because a lot of people would have that mentality and you would see a lot of threads/posts like this

"hey I bought this <item> for 200 platinum and a year and a half later they drop it down to 50p, I'm outraged and want my money back"

Because a lot of people would have that mentality and you would see a lot of threads/posts like this

This is sadly true, despite the fact that the market prices, while slowly (very slowly) becoming more reasonable, are still god awful.

Edited by VScipii26

Prices go down over time. You don't see people complaining about steam sales or game prices dropping steadily the further they go from release date. Paying more to have something first is still a thing many people are happy to do. It is not a valid excuse for adjusting market prices.

Besides, they claim this game is still a beta so technically DE could wipe everything you have ever bought if they really wanted to do so.

Prices go down over time. You don't see people complaining about steam sales or game prices dropping steadily the further they go from release date. Paying more to have something first is still a thing many people are happy to do. It is not a valid excuse for adjusting market prices.

Besides, they claim this game is still a beta so technically DE could wipe everything you have ever bought if they really wanted to do so.

We're/I'm not talking about a company and it's games, we're/I'm talking about in-game items

And if DE did that then they would get a lot of complaints because some have used real money to buy some of these items

We're/I'm not talking about a company and it's games, we're/I'm talking about in-game items

And if DE did that then they would get a lot of complaints because some have used real money to buy some of these items

The concept holds. It is impossible to please 100% of people 100% of the time. Adjusting prices of market items would get DE more sales and make more people happy.

In short: No.

But this is because I make a conscious effort not to spend on Micro-Transactions (free game or not).

I realize this is how free games these days make their money, but since the option is there to play for free, I'd rather earn what I want; That's not meant to sound harsh to paying members, these people keep the game running, it's just how it is.

I'd probably buy tons more Platinum if the prices were dropped, but based on what everyone has said in this thread, the prices are set up that way for a reason, and a price reduction is sure to lead to complications (like people *@##&#036;ing about not getting some money back if a price-reduction occurs or whatever).

Of course, I learned just now that you can always buy blueprints of things that cost Platinum, though of course that requires seeking out proper resources and, above all else, when the time comes to build it, you play the waiting game.  Oh, and having a lot of credits helps.

If resources like Orokin Cells were a bundle of 5 for 10 platinum, I would highly consider it. The cost of a single cell for said price is way too high at the moment.

Oxium is a pretty fair trade, and DE got it sort of right. Though it would be even better if the price was dropped from 30 to 20. Considering it's time consuming to farm these, it's not a bad deal.

A slight drop on icons and accesories could be nice but would make them more accessible, removing that aspect of exclusivity and rarity.

Color pallettes are pretty fair.

Even with huge price drops, weapons, warframes, and sentinels would still not be worth buying.

As for the price-reduction argument, games as well as micro-transaction items (TF2 comes to mind with their Mann-Up ticket and paint) are constantly placed on sale. That's how it is and basically, you should know that when buying something. As someone said, you get the privilege to have it first and show it off for a while.

And if DE did wipe everything, they have said the platinum bought would be reimbursed.

Edited by Maxscart