Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Would You Buy More From The Market If The Prices Were More Reasonable?

D3ST

After watching the dev stream yesterday,

I couldent help to notice, how sheldon, refuse to even reconsitter the market prices.

(this is not a rant targeted against Sheldon, he seems to be a very nice guy actually)

Even after Valve and several other game devs. and one very informed tenno, who made a huge post about it already a year ago,...  (sry, i cant find the post again now) have clearly demonstrated, you will make a bigger profit overall,

if you lower the prices on your market. (= more people would be inclined to spend more plat on the market)

I for one, would definetly spend more plat, if the prices on the market, were lowered,

How about you Tenno??

because some have already bought from the market with those prices, changing existing items value now is a nono. like the devs stated future items will have adjusted values.

Ok they stated that?, i must have missed  that.

because some have already bought from the market with those prices, changing existing items value now is a nono. like the devs stated future items will have adjusted values.

So? I've bought bundles before and 2 days later darvo put on sale. And under a timed obsolencance or just retuning old prices. It happens. Much older equipment and frames much like any product should eventually be lowered, specially when its arguably lower in quallity than the current generation of art and design.

But yeah, they can do whatever they like. But there is little incentive for newer players to purchase older equipment, but if DE is fine with that *shrug*.

well im guessing as they have the numbers, people are buying stuff a lot, and frankly none of it seems all that expensive anyway nothing costs more than a (very small) round of drinks in a  pub / bar anyway.

laters

Monk

If future releases didn't get their prices upped, see Pyra costs an extra 25 compared to the other syandanas. 

well it does look great... i never even noticed the price difference. I saw it, i got it.

Those who made that syandana deserve that vote from my wallet. :D

Ok they stated that?, i must have missed  that.

im sry i just rewatched the stream i misunderstood sheldon when he said they might "roll out some progressive disclosure, like how many thing are there". my bad

I probably wouldn't buy any more than I do now if the prices were lowered. The expensive stuff is mostly cosmetic, which I don't care much about, and everything else is pretty much cheap and/or can be obtained ingame for free.

Edited by RyojinOrion

After watching the dev stream yesterday,

I couldent help to notice, how sheldon, refuse to even reconsitter the market prices.

(this is not a rant targeted against Sheldon, he seems to be a very nice guy actually)

Even after Valve and several other game devs. and one very informed tenno, who made a huge post about it already a year ago,...  (sry, i cant find the post again now) have clearly demonstrated, you will make a bigger profit overall,

if you lower the prices on your market. (= more people would be inclined to spend more plat on the market)

I for one, would definetly spend more plat, if the prices on the market, were lowered,

How about you Tenno??

I wouldn't care if they UPPED to prices on stuff like syndana & cosmetics because I kind of believe they deserve more money then they are pulling in (I was kind of excited the dino syndana set was 200p instead of the usual cosmetic packs costing around 100).  As for weapons & such I don't feel like it's unreasonable, I just wouldn't buy them because I like to earn my stuff instead of just buying it. However I'm sure they have earned a lot of money from it in the past.

We would have to discuss which items we are talking about here. Warframes and Weapons? I guess they will never be any less expensive other than on rare Darvo-occassions.

But if we are talking resources... They shouldn't cost any Platinum at all. Who's going to buy that even if it only costs 1P? It's like "do one mission and you get it for free!".

So the only prices that are not reasonable are the friggin resources. They make no sense at all. I'd like to see some internal statistics if there are a bunch of people actually buying that stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if the only people buying them are the new guys not knowing that the Platinum is actually important for Slots etc. and that they can get the resources in much larger quantities for free.

My thought is that the resources should be available for credits in low quantites, so if you bought your daily Orokin Cell with 10.000 Credits or something then you can't get another one within 24 hours or something. Forget about that stupid Plat. It's not worth it.

They shouldn't make people feel more inclined to have to spend money on weapons and Warframes. It should be more convincing to play for free, so less people will complain that it's "pay to win."

No, it should make people feel more inclined to spend money for convenience, which is what Pay Currency should be for, your advantage over the Free Player is that you can get stuff easier, while the Free Player can still get the exact same thing, but they have to work a little harder for it. If this is somehow a bad business plan, I'm more inclined to believe the modern gamer truly is spoiled. :P

On a side note the Prime Parts which have way better stats than their non-prime counter parts are very cheap. You can get whole sets of Warframes/Weapons for 20p and less (some people are very generous because they can't get rid of that crap in any other way)... which pretty much outperforms all the random crap placed in the market.

Frost on the Market? 375p

Frost Prime in the trade channel? 15-20p in the tradechannel + 20p Orokin Reactor (if you don't have one) + some plat for a slot (don't know the exact number now).

Pretty obviously it's not worth buying most of the stuff in the Market if there's a prime variant available. They should drop the prices of the non prime variants once the prime variants are around, otherwise they will probably never lure somebody into buying them.

Edited by MeduSalem

Why buy when you can just make it, yes you need materials but spending plat on speeding up the creation of a weapon or warframe is cheaper than buying one from the market.

I would like color palette's, sentinel parts, syandana's and Orokin Reactor's/Catalyst's to be reduced in price. I do not know why Orokin Reactor's/Catalyst's Blue Prints are not in the market or even better been made a T3/T4 Reward.

As the DEV's stated in the last DEV Stream, they are keeping the market price's the way they are.

I still laugh at the platinum price for credits. Why do they even have such a thing on there when that amount of credits is damn easy to make? So easy there is no point in buying the market weapons for plat?

A lot of the things on the market are stupid tbh. The only things I buy are cosmetic items that cannot be obtained by any other means. The rest is easily obtained.

I'd never purchase a Warframe or anything for that matter that can be obtained and crafted, because there is nothing to do in this game but grind. If you buy the items, then what else is there to do? Leveling them is quick, and once that's done... then what.

Edited by Numerikuu

I would be more willing is the price of some items was lower but that is me.

I have got a few bits form the shop and odds are i will buy some more later on but i only buy in small bits now and then if the price was lower it would most likely make me buy abit more when i buy but i am not sure it would be that much more over all.

15 Platinum for ONE fieldron/mutagen/detonite SAMPLE. Not a completed Fieldron/Mutagen Mass/Detonite Injector, a SAMPLE. I think thats all I need to say about this.

On a side note though, there is no reason they can't change prices. They can't rerelease Founder-exclusives, as that would be false advertising, but reducing prices is not a new thing. It happens everyday if the value of an item decreases. Normal variants do lose part of their value if a prime is around, or if they are nerfed (or it would increase in case of a buff).

I cannot go to Nvidia and ask for a (partial) refund because the graphics card I purchased for 200€ a few years ago now costs 150€. Same goes here.

Edited by UltimateSpinDash