The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Timeline Of Vor

After the video at the end of the stream, I thought about putting together Vor's story leading to his appearance in the void.

Vor starts on Mercury, since this is where there's still remnants of Orokin artifacts. The Tenno are sent to stop him. He suffers defeat after defeat, somehow staying alive as a result of the key he found during his time there.

The Queens give him a second chance by moving him to Phobos and forcing him to team up with Kril. Again he's beaten by the Tenno.

Now, the Queens are tired of his failure, telling him that he's to go to Pluto and that the other person (unsure of his name, I'll call him X) is now in charge.

Angered by this, he learns of a Tenno cryopod that X has found and goes to Pluto. Once he arrives X tells him to back off and that this is his prize. Vor then kills him and proceeds to attempt to capture the Tenno, his prize. He is stopped by a cell sent to rescue him, and ultimately "killed".

This time, the damage was too severe to be fixed, and the key didn't have enough energy left, so it pulled him into the void to keep it's owner alive.

This transforms Vor into what we see now in the T4 missions.

This is what I think happens anyways, what do you think about the latest video and where it fits?

Good speculation, I always thought Vor deserved more attention, I was glad to see they did something with him in T4.

Yeah we got Vor as a potential vehicle for learning more about the Orokin, and Alad as a vehicle for learning more about the infestation. Now we just gotta see what they do with it. 

After the video at the end of the stream, I thought about putting together Vor's story leading to his appearance in the void.

Vor starts on Mercury, since this is where there's still remnants of Orokin artifacts. The Tenno are sent to stop him. He suffers defeat after defeat, somehow staying alive as a result of the key he found during his time there.

The Queens give him a second chance by moving him to Phobos and forcing him to team up with Kril. Again he's beaten by the Tenno.

Now, the Queens are tired of his failure, telling him that he's to go to Pluto and that the other person (unsure of his name, I'll call him X) is now in charge.

Angered by this, he learns of a Tenno cryopod that X has found and goes to Pluto. Once he arrives X tells him to back off and that this is his prize. Vor then kills him and proceeds to attempt to capture the Tenno, his prize. He is stopped by a cell sent to rescue him, and ultimately "killed".

This time, the damage was too severe to be fixed, and the key didn't have enough energy left, so it pulled him into the void to keep it's owner alive.

This is what I think happens anyways, what do you think about the latest video and where it fits?

That PS4 trailer was just awesome, sorry to get off topic

The difference between his deaths is that the last time he died it happened in the void after he used the key. The key probably had too little energy to fully heal him as the key was prior to it used to open a portal to the void. Or some of the power of the void got into Vor.

Edited by killerviel

Does not match up well with the Xbox trailer. 

He goes to the void on his own terms in that trailer.... making it look like he gloriously ascended to be part of the master race. So he isn't really pulled in...but goes there to be one with the void because he thinks that this choice would be right.

It does seem like he won't be able to LEAVE the void on his own terms anymore, though.

Edited by Shehriazad

I think the key did not lack the power but due to a side effect of using the keys power so much he became what he is now much like how the Tenno became Tenno by been forced in to the void as kids till they gained the powers they have now.

Except it goes more like this (to me):

Vor gets demoted to Captain (as seen in the stream).

Then tutorial happens, he obviously survives.

Then we meet him at Mercury (he doesn't get sliced in half anymore so we can assume he somehow survives).

Then we meet him at Phobos (where he does get sliced in half).

Then we meet him in the void revived by the Janus key.

I'm excluding the PS4 trailer because it was just that, a trailer. Enough things are different to clearly make it separate from the game.

Edited by RahuStalker

... and Pluto is where we farm Excalibur parts.

+1 to this timeline.

Except it goes more like this (to me):

Vor gets demoted to Captain (as seen in the stream).

Then tutorial happens, he obviously survives.

Then we meet him at Mercury (he doesn't get sliced in half anymore so we can assume he somehow survives).

Then we meet him at Phobos (where he does get sliced in half).

Then we meet him in the void revived by the Janus key.

I'm excluding the PS4 trailer because it was just that, a trailer. Enough things are different to clearly make it separate from the game.

Except, on Phobos, DE has agreed that Vor and Krill are placeholders for another duo boss that might come along, somewhere in the future. Proof? Sorry, all I have is a memory of something like that being mentioned here in the forums.

Except, on Phobos, DE has agreed that Vor and Krill are placeholders for another duo boss that might come along, somewhere in the future. Proof? Sorry, all I have is a memory of something like that being mentioned here in the forums.

If it is, then just remove that, and the Queens demoted him after repeated Mercury fails

If it is, then just remove that, and the Queens demoted him after repeated Mercury fails

I'd assume it was more than just Mercury, before that. Since in mercury we fight Captain Vor, but in the cutscene he is being demoted from admiral to captain.

Besides if you pay attention, Vor wants to study the Tenno and the Orokin, but the Queens want them dead right off the bat so it might just be that the Queens had just had it with his antics which led to some failures from his part.

Edited by RahuStalker

With all these speculation about Vor and his relationship with the Queens, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mission within the quest line that has us working together with Vor to defeat whoever the Queens sent out to kill us or even the Queens themselves. Either way, I'm so happy to see that Vor's Prize is actually going to be a thing in the game. Always wanted to see what the Queens looked like.

This game need more ppl like you, with "LORE" in the mind.

+1

Me, I just want more interaction between the Grineer leaders, like a moment with all of them having a gathering, with Sargas Ruk sharing a friendly rivalry with Lech Kril, or Tyl Regor conversing with Vay Hek about his Terra frame modifications.

Maybe this isn't so much as lore, but as character development, and Warframe could use a little character development in its NPCs.

I think that timeline is a bit off.  If you think about that, that communication with the Queens would have happened BEFORE he went to Pluto, and then later to Mercury and possibly Phobos. 

The main way to tell is by ranks.  At the beginning he was ADMIRAL Vor, but then the Queens were tired of him failing at something and demoted him to Captain.  Every time we fought him he was always Captain, except for in the Void where he was just plain ol Vor.