Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would It Be Worth Re-Releasing A Few Of The Older Weapons?

MechNexus

Melee 2.0 has been out for the longest time, so why not bring a few weapons back?

I'm talking about the Machete and Ether Daggers mostly.

Fang and Fang Prime are the only dual dagger weapon that can be obtained, so bringing the Ether Daggers back would be a good idea to help round out the category a little, Machete would be worth bringing back just to give a more entry-level option in the machete category.

P.s while on the subject of machetes, tweak sundering weave a little bit because people only ever use the E+RMB combo

I do feel like they should bring the Ether Daggers back. I kept my own and potatoed them and everything, and I just find it weird how they are the only Slash damage daggers available at the moment. The Fangs do Puncture damage, and while I don't think there are Impact Daggers, who wants them? Slash damage daggers are probably obvious types of weapons that should be in the game but aren't.

You know, how you look around the Market/Wiki and try to find a good type of weapons ( rifle, sniper, shotgun) that specializes in a certain damage? If you look through the daggers, you'll find the Fangs, which are perfect for Puncture builds, but then you suddenly cannot find daggers to fill in the Slash damage niche. To prevent a predicament like that, they probably should bring back the Ether Daggers.

Answering to title question:

No, not really.

Part of the reason why they were "vaulted" is because they were weak and underused.

Believe me, the extra mastery is not worth the effort on these things...

If they were to be rereleased, they would most likely be balanced.

I don't care how bad the Machete is, I just want one because it looks cool.

And as horrid as any weapon is, with the exception of the super obvious beginner oriented Braton and such, anything is viable for the mission nodes, so I have nothing against re-releasing anything.

Confirmed more recently then the original post which is overwritten by what was said on the stream a while back?

i have herd a few others say on stream say they wont be back as well these are closed beta trophys only just like founders is an advanced closed beta trophy