Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Dragon)Nikana, Why Is It So Slow

SSI_Kryptix

Uh did fragor suddenly become op without telling me or did mess up his math a smidge? Last i checked the D nikana had a decently average attack speed... Unless hes forgetting that he has only spoiled strike on it and has brokk skin+fury+beserker on fragor but I'm assuming that's not the case and there is just a case of over exageration happening here...

Did I even say I put spoiled strike? My point here is, why is its base attack speed so less compared to other heavy melee weapons out there, even if it's damage makes up for the speed it's pointless if it's so slow, yea keep hitting E in conclaves or when surrounded by toxic ancients

It's not slow. Just don't use Spoiled Strike, and use Berserker and Fury.

If i don't use Spoiled Strike, it don't deal as much damage as many think. Basically it became on par with Orthos Prime both in speed and damage (except Orthos Prime doesn't have this annoying sheating animation - yes, it's cool, but only for first few hundred times), and it has a much, much bigger range.

But whatever, I'm using Amphis and its straight upgrade, Bo Prime. By the time others unsheathe their Nikanas, a whole pack of enemies is already dead :)

Edited by Khranitel

Orthos prime is bigger than it, also fairly powerfull, yet it's faster

Dragon Nikana has an 1.0 attack speed. So attacking constantly over 10 secs it can do 10 attacks. 

Othos Prime has an 1.2 attack speed. So attacking constantly over 10 secs, it can to 12. 

Soooooo... you are complaining about something that does not really matter. So unless you are just spamming melee over and over again, the 0.2 difference is negligible. 

Also, the Fragor has an attack speed of 0.8 so it is slower than the Dragon Nikana. 

Edited by Sni7ch

Dragon Nikana has an 1.0 attack speed. So attacking constantly over 10 secs it can do 10 attacks. 

Othos Prime has an 1.2 attack speed. So attacking constantly over 10 secs, it can to 12. 

Soooooo... you are complaining about something that does not really matter. So unless you are just spamming melee over and over again, the 0.2 difference is negligible. 

Also, the Fragor has an attack speed of 0.8 so it is slower than the Dragon Nikana.

Not one single one of you would beleive me, I guess I have to record and show then

I love the dragon nikana! It may feel slower to you because of its unique animation, where the blade is sheathed after each strike. Personally, I love that about it.

I hate the constant shearing. It works after an insane combo attack or idling a while like in Ninja Gaiden but after almost every attack its overused looks cheesy is unrealistic and is just stupid.

I hate the constant shearing. It works after an insane combo attack or idling a while like in Ninja Gaiden but after almost every attack its overused looks cheesy is unrealistic and is just stupid.

Ironically, the nikana is based on an actual fighting style called Iaido

Based on drawing the sword from its scabbard, striking your opponent, removing the blood from the blade, and re-sheathing the sword

I'm not sure about the fragor, but recently i made the venka, and slapped a 15% fury on it and i felt like a senior citizen while trying to preform the basic three hit combo

however, today i made the nikana, and compared to the venka the nikana feels so much faster even without mods

Orthos prime is bigger than it, also fairly powerfull, yet it's faster

I don't think atk speed truly reflects how many attacks a melee weapon does in so and so seconds. I believe it just modifies animation speed so even with a high atk speed, the weapon itself might still be slow if the animation is inherently slow.

Anyways I don't think the Nikana needs a speed buff, it's at about average speed which seems suitable for the weapon, especially since it is rather powerful. If the heavier weapon seem too fast, I think that's okay because they tend to get overshadowed by the faster weapons.