Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8-Bit Warframe ~ Lost Sector

AnonCat

Sorry, wasn't clear about the doors. Same issue as the Grineer, projectiles pass through them. I'm assuming you guys already have that in the works, I was just stating stuff I noticed for the public. Uh, one last thing I have to mention is that there isn't a running+shooting animation yet.

Are you planning on putting in wall running/scaling?

Yes! Wall jumping is already in the Unity version, hopefully we'll have it the Java soon.

Uh, one last thing I have to mention is that there isn't a running+shooting animation yet.

Still deciding. I think to add tactical flavour: running and slashing is a thing, but you have to stop and aim to take a shot.

I...I cannot comprehend how beautiful this is... I need to lie down, great work this will be interesting.

Your doctor recommends smoothies and a retro-game binge.

Edited by -CM-AnonCat

this is very impressive, it runs smoothly, very smooth, the colors are stunning just the right amount of stark black emptiness with the vibrant actual colors complimenting very well.

the frost animation are smooth and clear, the lil affect like falling from high up is wonderful touch.

the grinneer look great too.

im very interested in seeing where this goes.

i'd love to see it have levels, and multiple sprites for different frames,

possible a different gun for each?

this has alot of potential, its actually reminding me of game i have in alpha stage which is amazing already,

its called BROFORCE, maybe check it out, all the characters essentially have the same move, a basic and special but they get so diverse even when you limit them with the same type of movement but making their basic and specials feel very different and its just stellar.

im definitely  gonna keep an avid eye on this. its great.

Kudos to you all.

im very interested in seeing where this goes.

i'd love to see it have levels, and multiple sprites for different frames,

possible a different gun for each?

Levels are coming after the main features are constructed. More frames after first tileset of levels and enemies are completed. I will be creating more weapons eventually, I want them to be interchangeable between frames.

*sigh*

Alright, here's how to get the thing to run.

1] Make sure you have Java installed

2] Extract the contents of the zip file (with Winrar, 7zip, whatever)

3] You'll have a folder and a file, right click the file, run it with Java

4] Done

Edited by DarkTails

*sigh*

Alright, here's how to get the thing to run.

1] Make sure you have Java installed

2] Extract the contents of the zip file (with Winrar, 7zip, whatever)

3] You'll have a folder and a file, right click the file, run it with Java

4] Done

Thank god you figured it out yourself. Thought we were going to have a serious issue here.

Ok feedback time:

•The Tenno runs at a good speed (don't know why it seemed too fast in the animated gif posted before)

•Movement feels fluid

•Automatically vaulting over edges when you jump at them is neat, keeps the game flowing

•I'm guessing the doors don't have a hitbox/collision box yet

•Screenshake when the bullets hit the wall is annoying (though it's fine for other heavier weapons like a missile)

•Running and shooting looks weird because the rifle disappears lol

•The lockers need to stand out more, I understand it's a dark environment, but they need to be a much lighter color, like dirty white/grey or something

•The tileset looks very Corpus

•It looks like there's a cool vertical wall running feature, I just cant reproduce it consistently

•The Heavy Impact effect when falling from high up is funny.

Building off that, you could probably introduce a simple mod system that lets you change the effect that happens when you land. Maybe the current one could knock down nearby enemies, another effect could damage whoever you land on by 75% of their health, etc.

Or if you plan on adding more frames, give each frame a different effect.

Ember shoots 2 fireballs to either side when she lands, Frost immobilizes the nearby enemies instead of knocking them down, etc.

Edited by DarkTails