Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skana Prime Buff?

Sunder

inb4 lock.

This has been discussed before.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt... Or in your case, post :)

A buff to the Skana Prime would be excellent. Not an "Ohmagurd best wepun evar!!" buff that would induce the masses to vomit all over the forums with emotional posts of envy. Simply an adjustment to bring it on par with others in its category.

Y'all Founders are gonna judge me anyhow, no matter what I say... So here goes.

No. I truly believe that Skana should not be buffed. Yeah. You payed quite a pretty penny to get it. (And I am very grateful for that.)

At the same time, it's nothing more than a spin-off of a not-so-great starter weapon.

And that's my (Worthless) opinion. Forgive me o' glorious founders. lol

No, it's fine.

That+title+is+under+the+protection+of+th

Why do people compare it with an other prime blade? You need to see if its stronger than the normal version in this case the skana. I dont want to see every weapon with the same stats just because someone cant use it otherwise.

Just make it completely identical to the Dakra Prime in terms of performance. Problem solved.

Agreed entirely.

What Founders weapons need:

- a non-cosmetic reason to be used in serious gameplay.

What Founders weapons do not need:

- a unique niche among their weapon category, or any non-cosmetic reason that would cause a non-Founder to desire the Prime over the other weapons in its category.

Turning the exclusive Founder weapons into perfect reskins of other top-tier weapons in their category would accomplish this quite nicely.

Alternatively, turning the Founder weapons into skins (so you can make any single pistol look like a Lato Prime, and you can make any longsword look like a Skana Prime) would accomplish this as well without forcing the owner into a specific niche if they want to use those weapons.

Edited by SortaRandom

Updated my initial post with a comparison to the regular skana as well.

Maybe we'll get lucky and have someone from DE pass this along or provide input.

As it is? There's even a thread on the general discussion board about the Founder Exclusive weapons wondering why they don't see them that often

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/260051-excal-prime-skana-prime-latos-prime/

skana prime is a prime version of skana

dakra prime is a prime version of cronus, which is better than base skana

so why should skana prime be better than dakra prime?

can see your point but for obvious reasons i d keep the weapons this way

skana prime is a prime version of skana

dakra prime is a prime version of cronus, which is better than base skana

so why should skana prime be better than dakra prime?

can see your point but for obvious reasons i d keep the weapons this way

Even with the Dakra being the prime version of the Cronus (if that's true or not, no clue) it still sucks that the Founders weapon given to us is pretty much useless. I just want some sort of buff to make it viable for higher level enemies.

But the point is: this is a prime version of the SKANA: the most basic weapon in game, the 1st one you get as beginner

even if prime, it HAS to behave as such, you can t expect it to be one of the most powerful weapon of the game

I belive it should have a buff but then I would have to say buff the normal skana aswell but the prime should be a tiny bit better be it more speed/damage/animation

But both the prime and original should be buffed

bad idea. scana is relict... ancient memory or something about. star-keeper only can own it. and - yes - it cost - real money. 

if DE buff something unavailable for free - DE break his line. next step - sharing Ur Excalibur. why not? breaking line once - nothing keeps U in future.

wanna play scana - play scana. i cant see obstacle for that ;)

Correctly modded any weapon can be a killer anyway

Just accept it as it is & play it

1 of my favorite weapons is dual ether which was a killer be4 melee 2.0, now it s the weakest of the duals & still using it (though it could use a buff)

I would also like to see ska a prime and probably Excalibur prime buffed a little higher above their generic counterparts than they are now. Excalibur because I kinda expect all the primes to get this treatment so why not him. Ska a because it is, while not the worst weapon ever is a pretty generic low-mod level weapon. I'm not asking for it to be better in any way compared to say the Dakar prim but maybe less base damage than the Dakar with slightly more status? There would still be better damage and status weapons but skana prime wouldn't be such an insignificant upgrade from the mundane version.

But the point is: this is a prime version of the SKANA: the most basic weapon in game, the 1st one you get as beginner

even if prime, it HAS to behave as such, you can t expect it to be one of the most powerful weapon of the game

There is a difference between "most powerful weapon in the game" and "complete and utter crap". Why is it so hard to understand?^^'

That and the "Skana is most basic weapon" is also a sucky reason. Look at the Burston Prime. Or the Latron Prime. Their regular counterparts are "basic" Tenno gear as well. And yet they're very much competitive. Boltor too is a "basic" Tenno weapon. The fact that Braton/Lato/Skana are "basic" equipment doesn't mean they, or their Primed versions, HAVE to suck.

Edited by Marthrym

There is a difference between "most powerful weapon in the game" and "complete and utter crap". Why is it so hard to understand?^^'

That and the "Skana is most basic weapon" is also a sucky reason. Look at the Burston Prime. Or the Latron Prime. Their regular counterparts are "basic" Tenno gear as well. And yet they're very much competitive. Boltor too is a "basic" Tenno weapon. The fact that Braton/Lato/Skana are "basic" equipment doesn't mean they, or their Primed versions, HAVE to suck.

Objection, basic weapon gear is starting gear, free gear, BEGINNER gear which you get for free at the beginning of the game

burston, boltor & latron are not basic gear, you pay for it by buying blueprint & expending ressources to build them, may be easy but not basic

You can t expect these to work as well as other things you have to farm creds & ressources or parts to buy.

& from the stats on wikia (i m no founder) the skana prime is NOT the utter crap you try to make it seem to be. certainly not the best but an above average weapon which i wouldn t mind using if i could

I give it to you for lato prime though, it IS weak & could use a buff

but as I said these are free starter weapon, even if primed you can t expect them to be killers

I am using Skana Prime. I really don't think buff is needed. Because melee is a fast travel system and nothing more.

Skana Prime is sexy, modded for fast melee it can strike for 11k in a good day, and that's all i need really. Melee 2.0 is good when you level some gear and you ran out of ammo for example. However you can't be serious to consider melee as a viable weapon's choice, that's just silly.

So Skana is good as it is really.