Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suma's Warframe Art (New Post 11/24/15, More Gate, The Chakra Frame :)

SUMA

Well, find a programmer and maybe a designer ( who knows how to map or learn it yourself) and start your own company.

My highschool education were Gamedesign so feel free to ask any questions ( i can help with maya, mudbox and sculptris). Another option is to hit the college and study gamedesign there, ive heard there is a really good college in Kanada who have grafik/ gamedesign etc

I would do modeling alot if i had more time but if you work night 6 days a week and dont wake up before 12.00, its hard to find time :P

so far i have watched a few tutorials on youtube. othere than that i do have a slight background for computer graphics and animation. but my schooling was 15years ago lol. things are alot different now than when maya first came out. in college we were using maya 2. stone age method lol. so for 15 years it has only been a part of my past. now it's sooo much more easy to create in a 3dimensional space. (actually fun, instead of frustrating lol) so i have decided to get back into it...who knows. making my own game company might be the way things end up lol.

so far i have watched a few tutorials on youtube. othere than that i do have a slight background for computer graphics and animation. but my schooling was 15years ago lol. things are alot different now than when maya first came out. in college we were using maya 2. stone age method lol. so for 15 years it has only been a part of my past. now it's sooo much more easy to create in a 3dimensional space. (actually fun, instead of frustrating lol) so i have decided to get back into it...who knows. making my own game company might be the way things end up lol.

Haha you made me feel too young xD i have the 2013 version of maya ( dont have money to buy it lol) but keep doing what you like ^^ Cghub used to have tutorials but they put tye site down sadly

Haha you made me feel too young xD i have the 2013 version of maya ( dont have money to buy it lol) but keep doing what you like ^^ Cghub used to have tutorials but they put tye site down sadly

xD im 37 and still young WOOT! currently using a 45day trial version of zbrush. but it's fun and i make good money as an illustrator doing teeshirt designs logos and vehicle wraps so, i hope to buy a copy eventually. im sure i will once the trial runs out and i go through some zbrush withdrawls. lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

dunno really, i guess i resketch my initial sketch over and over until its satisfactory, then have lots of fun with layers and things. if you have trouble giving things depth, keep in mind that its shadows and light that create form, without them everything is flat xD...hope that kinda helps :)

also giving something a more "real" sense can be accomplished by using lots of different colors to make one color, like my whites have purple and green and orange in them. also texture is nice. use all of the tools in the software at least once to know what you have access to.

Edited by SUMA

i decided to put some thoughts into the frames concept. basically this is a frame that unlocks its "chakra gates" to unleash its full potential

Xdcvh5y.jpg

i guess i will be naming her Gate, until a better suggestion presents itself :)

0dclcEC.jpg

Gate - Chakra Frame

skill one should unlock a chakra gate (there are 8 gates), proly some sort of aoe shockwave as the gate is unlocked that gets stronger with the more gates that are open.

skill 2 should require at least one+ gates to be open - Chakra drain - steal chakra from enemies to cause damage and replenish health.

skill 3 should require 4+ open gates - Chakra barrage - unleash a multitude (10ish) of mini explosive chakra balls (dispersed in a sparatic array) that explode on impact causing aoe damage to any enimies in the area.

skill 4 need all 8 gates unlocked - Hachimon Tonkō no Jin - the Eight Gates Released Formation - causes a power overload to the warframe generating a damage causing aura of chakra around the frame as well as increasing the shield and damage delivered by the frame for a period of time (or toggle?) when the 8 gates are left open, their should be some sort of buff to all actions performed by the wf, wether it be melee, guns, or even running faster.

maybe there is a gradual increase in the chakra aura that builds up as you get closer to releasing all 8 gates.

i will add more illustrations of some of these descriptions as i have time to draw them. i'm diggin this concept so i will proly proceed a little deeper into it.

enjoy! :P

• 1 month later...

Holy Moly... How long has this thread been around? I've never seen any of this...

There are so many pictures in the main post... This is directed at Suma.

"Have you ever thought of perhaps organizing your first post with dates and titles and perhaps adding some spoiler tags, it would help with viewing for some of us smaller resolution guys. :3"

Just a thought, I really like your work too! :D

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy