Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Great Philosophical Questions

slykidd

I dont think anyone has ever started a thread like this so I wanted to. Every week I will post a question, now this question HAS NO ANSWER its completly on how you see things (your perspective). I think it will be a very fun social experiment who knows we might see very unique perspectives. at the end of each week the most upvoted comment will get put into this 1st post to show new tennos what the consenus on the question is. since its the 1st week lets start with something commonly asked.

What is the meaning of life?

results: it seems the consensus is "42" (lol) if you dont know what that is google it.

Edited by slykidd

since im the maker of this i guess ill get the ball rolling.

I belive the meaning of life is to explore. we explore ourselves our surroundings other people as humans we are a very curious species we want to know everything around us. so we explore. i think in the grand scheme of things we never stop exploring. from life until death were always looking for something.

edit: damn people answer quickly

Edited by slykidd

Whatever you give it. If you make it your goal in life to become a millionaire, that's one meaning. If you want to devote yourself to the family, that's another. There's isn't fixed meaning that everyone can agree with.

it's simple actually

make a dream => stuff happen => dream change => stuff happen => Dream change => stuff happen ..........and the circle end when you life's over.

So how many achievement do you plain go gain before time's up ?

Whatever you make of it. The meaning in my opinion is to find the meaning.

It`s not about the destination, it`s about the journey. It`s what you find, and experience along the way. All you make and destroy. Everything you do, or don`t do to reach your self-appointed goal.

I was inclined to say death (42) as well, but that`s just cliche by now...

non philosophically it's the survival of self and the continuation of your unique genes.

secondary is a stress free environment. ie; happy place. and a continuation of the species.

which because of intelligence to a certain lesser or greater degree results in various behaviors not seemingly directly related to the 2 main drives.

socializing, working for the greater good/ family, gathering of wealth, personal prestige/power, monuments, sleeping with anything human and a few things not, drugs, alcohol (that happy place), etc,

the capacity for thought which all humans possess (though some rarely use) can make them wonder is this all? especially if they can't or won't recognize the underlying drives. nature is a cruel witch, the meaning of life is simple, humans some at least dont't particularly like that they're just here to assure continuation...it's not special enough.

depends on what you do with that knowledge, as with anything. give your life meaning and you've found your meaning for life.

sounds so hokey...but most truisms do >.<

Edited by DeadX65

• 3 weeks later...

The meaning of life or the meaning of human life? That´s one of the questions I think. 

Once we admite that all the biological-chemical stuff that runs in ourselves plays a big role in the game we can start to find a meaning for our live. The meaning of human life it´s to escape and create new things, and it doesn´t matter how many facts science discovers because at the end of the day you are on your own and have to figure out an arbitrary criteria to choose a way of living and that may change most of the times as you change your clothes. It allways change and grows and destroys and even if you stop live keeps runing in a certain way so at the end the meaning of life it´s pure movement and the ways and purposes for living are ways of disrupting and managing the movement we are part of, the movement of matter.