Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Get Hyped! For The New Game Mode!

Toaman1994

I don't play the conclaves at all and yet I'm thinking of trying this mode out for the long haul.

It would be best to wait til it comes out before we pass judgement on it though.

I feel like your mindset is a healthy one to have right now. It is the same boat I'm in myself.

Though I can't help but feel the odds are this new mode will be a mess at first, though the potential for some good times is definitely there in the working.

It is going to need people willing to be both open minded and critical for that early feedback. Both the sorts who love them some PvP and some who don't like them much PvP. That way feedback flows and DE can work out any kinks that are bound to exist in the earliest form of this game mode.

DE's in-house testing guys will catch the occasional nasty thing, maybe sniff out an exploit or two. But in the past it has consistently been us in the community who've been able to bend these new features till they break in ridiculous ways. It'll be more important then times before for the community to repeat this process with this new PvP mode since in competition fairness is far more important then in the PvE atmosphere.

Whatever happened to their claim of never adding PvP?

That claim isn't valid anymore. It's a logical consequence. It seems like the game is "mature" for its PvP stage.

I just hope it doesn't attract ragetroll kids and doesn't lock more content behind a wall, and I'm happy.

Although, the new mode being a MOBA reminds me of DotA, which I'm not fond at all about either.

I seriously don't know what it is.

Conclaves (PvP battles) and Dark Sector conflicts.

for those of you who don't understand the new dark sector mode is during conflict the node becomes a large 4 on 4 pvp mode in a sort of tower defence game and many players foresee this being played by only very few players just as conclave is now due to the poor scaling for pvp

Whatever happened to their claim of never adding PvP?

They never claimed that.

attract ragetroll kids

"Ragetroll kids" have been here since before PvP was even a thing. People *@##$ and moan and fight each other over matters that have absolutely nothing at all to do with PvP, and always have.

Edited by FatalX7

If I can ignore it and it doesn't mess with the PVE of the game I'm fine with it.

Though I would be lying if I said I wouldn't attempt to exploit it here and there.

I really don't think how warframe is made makes for good PVP and I don't understand why people want it so much. There is allot of frames begging to be exploited when it comes to PVP. And since they do generally make the game centered around the PVE I don't see how that would apply well to PVP.

I'll just be glad when DE stops focusing on PVP and focuses on PVE more. It's a shame that there is like no games out recently that centered around co-op or single player but instead had the main focus or all of their focus around the PVP of game.