Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Get Hyped! For The New Game Mode!

Toaman1994

I'll just be glad when DE stops focusing on PVP and focuses on PVE more. It's a shame that there is like no games out recently that centered around co-op or single player but instead had the main focus or all of their focus around the PVP of game.

I mistakenly thought PVE has been the focus of this game this whole time wow silly me.

I'm scared of PvP. Because "balancing" it is going to require massive and constant tweaks. And will take a lot of ressources and time from the PvE aspect. But I hope I'm wrong and everything will go as smoothly as possible and PvE won't be impacted by PvP in a negative way.^^

I don't intend to play PvP, simply because it breaks "immersion and lore" for me. I don't think the Tenno are supposed to slaughter each others when the Lotus clearly states that we are all here for "balance" (man, this word is everywhere) and on the same side. That's  the only thing that makes me uneasy with "large scale" PvP in Warframe. I know there are several "clans" (the polarities are their symbols and everything), but I don't think open war between Tenno makes any sense... Unless we get a BIG chunk of lore that makes sense and provides a real structure to the whole thing, of course.

But that's only MY opinion, and if it makes many players happy and support the game more, then I'm all for it. I just hope it won't force "pure" PvE players like myself to play PvP because there are items, story and lore elements that are only accessible through it. To be honest, that could be a "deal breaker" for me...^^'

I have zero interest in the new pvp mode, regardless of how it turns out.  I'm not into pvp and never will be, simple as that.  I have only slightly more interest in Dark Sector conflicts as a whole, and "slightly more" than zero is still pretty low.  As such, it wouldn't be a huge loss to me if Dark Sector conflicts turned into a pvp scrapyard.

I do look forward to how DE plans to make 4v4 games not run like S#&$ with the current P2P system, though.  As well as preventing stuff like hosts blocking IPs and giving themselves an easy win.

So..is it literally going to be a PvP mode? As in, fighting online against other players in the same map?

I may have missed it, but from watching the devstreams I had an impression that its going to be a PvE mode with attackers fighting against the defending clans specters/guardians/turrets.

And what about the lags? When fighting against other clans there's gonna have a good probability you'll have to go against player from other far away countries.

Edited by khk6

I don't understand why people want it so much.

Have you played this game?

Varied gun play? Varied melee combat? Wall-running, jumping and flipping? Against other humans? pfftjkhrs heck yeh

Of course people want to face each other, especially when the AI is a pile of poo.

I'll just be glad when DE stops focusing on PVP and focuses on PVE more.

DE isn't focusing on PvP, not even close. The amount of work that goes towards PvP compared to how much has gone towards PvE is... It's not even on the same level.

But, PvP had always been stated as being a part of the future since as far back as early Closed Beta. They've never had any problem with PvP, they originally wanted tons of it, because most of the work they've done has been PvP games. They went with a PvE focus later on for a change of pace, but they never, not once, dismissed PvP, it just wasn't going to be their focus this time.

PvP has been in the game for a little over a year now, and has been very slowly added upon since then, just like DE said they would do ages ago, it's still not a focus and everything is still the same. And DE still reassures people over and over again. And over.

I'm not big on PVP myself, but I'm not gonna lie, the footage so far of the new game mode seems to have a ton of potential. 

So..is it literally going to be a PvP mode? As in, fighting online against other players in the same map?

I may have missed it, but from watching the devstreams I had an impression that its going to be a PvE mode with attackers fighting against the defending clans specters/guardians/turrets.

And what about the lags? When fighting against other clans there's gonna have a good probability you'll have to go against player from other far away countries.

I'd say think something like Sanctum 2, but the baddies are controlled by other people. And lag's always an issue, man. But they've already kind of got that under control with the Region systemy thing. It's still laggy as hell at times, but that's because of people like me that have subpar internet connections.

Have you played this game?

Varied gun play? Varied melee combat? Wall-running, jumping and flipping? Against other humans? pfftjkhrs heck yeh

Of course people want to face each other, especially when the AI is a pile of poo.

DE isn't focusing on PvP, not even close. The amount of work that goes towards PvP compared to how much has gone towards PvE is... It's not even on the same level.

But, PvP had always been stated as being a part of the future since as far back as early Closed Beta. They've never had any problem with PvP, they originally wanted tons of it, because most of the work they've done has been PvP games. They went with a PvE focus later on for a change of pace, but they never, not once, dismissed PvP, it just wasn't going to be their focus this time.

PvP has been in the game for a little over a year now, and has been very slowly added upon since then, just like DE said they would do ages ago, it's still not a focus and everything is still the same. And DE still reassures people over and over again. And over.

+1. Literally every Event/Update has been PvE based, people always get this sense that all PvP players use Frost and a Penta, for all we know maybe they could add an update to the new game mode, that allows the current Rail Owner to adjust what can and cannot be used in the new mode. Anyway back to my topic there's this feeling of adrenaline that I get facing another person because you never know what that person has planned unlike the A.I we face now.

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

people always get this sense that all PvP players use Frost and a Penta

Most people who PvP in this game suggest taking mods off, putting on lower level weapons and going into the lowest conclave level, because it's way more fair and way more fun.

Powercreep is still an issue with weapons that extends into PvE, but the biggest complaint for PvP falls down to the mods. Two of the most popular suggestions is to remove mods from PvP entirely or to give us some kind of option menu or rulesets to choose from.

I think the former would be best, personally. Shouldn't be that complicated, right?

Like, a year ago at PAX, DE was talking about the Mod Card system and how it could be used to introduce new mods and mods that work specifically for PvP. Cool idea, would take a decent amount of work, though.

As it stands now, PvE and PvP are balanced separately, separate stats and whatnot. That's a pretty good way to go about it too, it's not a brand new idea either, there are other games that do that already, but in Warframe's case, it's not the most efficient method. If they worked on PvE and PvP equally from the very beginning, that could probably be more viable.

So, I say.... No mods, ho~!

Edited by FatalX7

Most people who PvP in this game suggest taking mods off, putting on lower level weapons and going into the lowest conclave level, because it's way more fair and way more fun.

Powercreep is still an issue with weapons that extends into PvE, but the biggest complaint for PvP falls down to the mods. Two of the most popular suggestions is to remove mods from PvP entirely or to give us some kind of option menu or rulesets to choose from.

I think the former would be best, personally. Shouldn't be that complicated, right?

Like, a year ago at PAX, DE was talking about the Mod Card system and how it could be used to introduce new mods and mods that work specifically for PvP. Cool idea, would take a decent amount of work, though.

As it stands now, PvE and PvP are balanced separately, separate stats and whatnot. That's a pretty good way to go about it too, it's not a brand new idea either, there are other games that do that already, but in Warframe's case, it's not the most efficient method. If they worked on PvE and PvP equally from the very beginning, that could probably be more viable.

My Clan loves PvP so we usually set up tournaments every week, each with different rules and what not. Our weekly one was Thrown Weapons only, which is really fun as it forces you to actually dodge and be on alert. But all in all PvE based players need to realize not all of us exploit the game features and arsenal.

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

I think it's prudent to calm the eff down, maaan.

How many game developers have you ever seen that openly experimented with their gameplay and game modes?

I can't think of any.  Why?  Because it often costs money and if it doesn't work out, too bad because the dev spent man hours and money on it, and they don't make mistakes on their IP.  Whatever goes into the game stays in the game.

DE are the only developers I've seen to revamp long-standing systems, try things out, and rework stuff that's not working or as fun as they expected.

Cut them whatever amount of slack is necessary to not jump the gun and freak out at the merest rumor of upcoming content.

Edited by (PS4)Hooligantuan

My Clan loves PvP so we usually set up tournaments every week, each with different rukes and what not. Our weekly one was Thrown Weapons only, which is really fun as it forces you to actually dodge and be on alert. But all in all PvE based players need to realize not all of us expliot th game features and arsenal.

But the large majority WILL. Human nature and all that jazz. I don't think anyone would care about the one guy out of a hundred who doesn't use exploits, I think people would care about the 99 other guys who do.^^'

That could be a good solution.^^

Edited by Marthrym

But the large majority WILL. Human nature and all that jazz. I don't think anyone would care about the one guy out of a hundred who doesn't use exploits, I think people would care about the 99 other guys who do.^^'

I believe that could easily be the main concern of the whole thing.

Edited by Vintovka

My biggest fear is that they will lock weapons and mods behind the pvp wall

I honestly don't have a problem with them locking PvP mods behind a PvP wall- I don't PvP, so I don't need the mods, problem solved. 

I agree 100% with weapons though. 

i love how this community loves to assume things before they are even released

After being around for something like seven updates, I feel it's safe to assume. Rarely has there been an all good update, and never since I've been playing. They're not all bad, but DE doing something like converting all rails over to PvP in a desperate attempt to revitalize them wouldn't be the worst decision we've seen by a long shot.