Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Get Hyped! For The New Game Mode!

Toaman1994

My biggest fear is that they will lock weapons and mods behind the pvp wall

This is my fear as well, but I think in the positive sense that maybe players who have left because they were bored will be brought back because of the PVP. I myself have never been a pvp player because to be honest I'm not very good at it, maybe i'm better now after playing Warframe for a year now, but it has never be a comfortable game mode for me. I do have to admit even as a non pvp player it does look exciting, but I think it will be prudent to wait and see how it works out before forming any kind of opinion.

This is my fear as well, but I think in the positive sense that maybe players who have left because they were bored will be brought back because of the PVP. I myself have never been a pvp player because to be honest I'm not very good at it, maybe i'm better now after playing Warframe for a year now, but it has never be a comfortable game mode for me. I do have to admit even as a non pvp player it does look exciting, but I think it will be prudent to wait and see how it works out before forming any kind of opinion.

Well from what I understand it is a purely optional mode. You can still run mobile defense to hurt rails. It's just something new to try. After Halo burned me out on pvp I have been avoiding it but I'll give it a go. I will cheap shot anyone I can because if I play pvp it's not for honors sake lol. Which will be the biggest hurdle for the whole thing. I'll play cheap but instakill stuff bores me pretty fast so it may be for a game or two but there are tons of people who live for that.

My Clan loves PvP so we usually set up tournaments every week, each with different rukes and what not. Our weekly one was Thrown Weapons only, which is really fun as it forces you to actually dodge and be on alert. But all in all PvE based players need to realize not all of us expliot th game features and arsenal.

Problem is, with such 'house rules', they only apply to people who agree to abide by them which is usually limited to your friends and clanmate. If you go to the conclave and get matched with Joe Random, Joe Random doesn't give a flying hek that you think his one-shot kill weapon and insanely high health, shield and energy is OP; he just wants to win and to do that, he'll put all his chances on his side. No matter if you rage on the chat about him being lame, he won't really care that some faceless player from the internet finds his builds and tactics lame; if he tops the scoreboard, that's all that matters.

After all, he can legitimately make that build without any sort of exploit so why would he feel like he's doing something wrong?

Which means, PvP need to have inherent balance in having either weapons and Warframes unmodded completely (to make balanced based only on base Warframe and weapon stats), use the current mods that have different attributes in either PvP or PvE (usually with a very toned down effect) or able to mod themselves only using PvP-only mods that takes that type of balance into account.

That way, Joe Random's build would be competitively balanced against other players'.

My biggest fear is that they will lock weapons and mods behind the pvp wall

I doubt weapons will be hidden behind PvP (as they are integral to the progression of a player through Mastery Ranks) but there's the possibility of PvP-only mods which, really, means that if you're not a PvP player, you don't even care to get them since they'll be unusable in PvE (and, vice-versa, PvE mods couldn't be used in PvP). The only problem there is that completionists will probably want to get their hands on them... which means they'll need to play PvP.

That's speculation on my end though; don't take it at face value other than theorizing about it.

Edited by Wiegraf

I was just re-watching the video regarding the new pvp mode, apparently all your mods start out unranked and as you kill things they begin to come online and also the order in which you have them is in what order they come online, so the order in how you have them will become important.

I'm a little worried about this, if it truely is PvP.

Its not PvP that I don't like, per se, its the crowd that often comes with it (exploit/hack/whine/rage/insult/repeat).

One of the things that I like the most about Warframe is that it is a cooperative PvE game with, in my experience, a good community.

I'd really hate to see this game degenerate into constant demands for buffs/nerfs, and even worse see the balance changed all over the place to suit PvP perceptions. At the moment, who cares if X warframe/weapon/power is OP - we're all on the same side. Someone wants to hack the game? Find exploits? Statpad?... unlikely but no big deal. Add PvP and that all changes - whether they succeed or not, people will try to find unfair advantages. Some will just want to ruin other people's fun.

I thought that was one of the key concepts of this game - we're all on the same side. Its the Tenno vs Grineer, Corpus and Infested. With Lotus' guidance we fight along side one another.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what/how this turns out to be.

Whatever happened to their claim of never adding PvP?

-DE never stated that they "would never" add PvP.

-DE clearly announced that it was at the "bottom of the long long long list"

-I guess since we're going to have PvP, that means DE needs a new list.

And yet a dedicated PvP mode has been one of the most requested items since launch.

On what planet?

Every time I hear about PvP and this game, it's met with a HELL NO!

Balance is too skewered for dedicated PVP.

The sad part of this whole thing is this is where the "end game content" was to start and it all just crumbles into PvP. The proxy wars sounded and still sound so much better than the "borderland or void" and now it is really my only option for any real quality "end game" and they will now need to spend even more time trying to fix this hot mess that is about to be PvP in the heart of a PvE game. Like we don't have enough bugs and issues that really need TLC we have to pile on this.

Edited by ZeroPhobic

The sad part of this whole thing is this is where the "end game content" was to start and it all just crumbles into PvP. The proxy wars sounded and still sound so much better than the "borderland or void" and now it is really my only option for any real quality "end game" and they will now need to spend even more time trying to fix this hot mess that is about to be PvP in the heart of a PvE game. Like we don't have enough bugs and issues that really need TLC we have to pile on this.

Hopefully DE doesn't go " woooo there we go, no more worries about the stupid endgame problem. If people don't like fighting lvl 60 enemies with Phage, Boltor Prime, etc, they can PvP. If not, they can just go :) "