The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wondering If This Would Be Helpful... Productivity Infos & Hazard

Llyssa

Wasn't meant as a jab. There's just a few things I've seen on the dev streams that suggest these might be good ideas to try, and they do hold some logic to them. It might help. It might not.

Then again, they're an old company so they may have good reasons for some of the things they do that are against this. Wasn't saying "OMG RUSH', it was just something I saw, and it made a bit of sense, so I thought I'd share.

They do know what they're doing. http://betabeat.com/2012/04/bottoms-up-the-ballmer-peak-is-real-study-says/

I was just supposing it could be helpful.

Wasn't meant as a jab. There's just a few things I've seen on the dev streams that suggest these might be good ideas to try, and they do hold some logic to them. It might help. It might not.

I was just supposing it could be helpful.

Alrighty, lol.

About the Geek-Timeline, after 1am,that is true. I can confirm that. Getting the most glitch fixes, new content addition, and whatever ideas during that time. I honstely do not know why exactly, even being tired is sometimes the case and will push my horizon for special things which were unsolveable before.

How to be an efficient designer in two words: "Fail faster."

Churn through concepts as quickly as possible. Identify the unworkable ideas (and any flaws in otherwise good ones) early on, before they've consumed resources and are harder to get rid of.

This might all be old news for DE, but all of us can stand to be reminded from time to time.

Edited by notlamprey

fail faster ? philosphies about successful failing and then going in the web with this big excuse why they arent creative but bombing pages in the internet with simply excuses why they arent able to get their job done ?

im not shure where this people get their knowledge which are mentioned in their movies and blogs

i would say classic is best, you love your job and you give your best

if not, youre fired :-)

simple as that ...

fail faster ? philosphies about successful failing and then going in the web with this big excuse why they arent creative but bombing pages in the internet with simply excuses why they arent able to get their job done ?

im not shure where this people get their knowledge which are mentioned in their movies and blogs

simple as that ...

That really doesn't speak to efficiency at all. You can love what you do and not be efficient at it.

DE loves what they do. They also have families and friends that don't get to see them this week because they're up at 2 am writing code in the office. If they could do what they love, and get it done faster, they'd have time for life. If they give the suggestions a try and they can save some time and wasted effort, and it's enjoyable, their jobs get easier, they get more time and they get stuff done faster. If they try and they don't like it at all, or it doesn't help, then they can know not to do that.

It seems reasonable.

simple as that ...

If you love your job, would you not like to explore ways to be better at your job?

I don't know what you do for a living, but I know you're not as good as you could be. None of us is.

Questions are better than answers, fella. Asking the right questions is more valuable than having the answer without knowing what question it belongs to.