Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A List Of Any Weapons That Could Reach 100% Status Chance.

AveryJ

Question

As the title implies, i'm looking to make a stun gun of sorts xD. i'm looking for any gun that can get to 100% status chance and what mods ill need to get it there.

thanks in advance!

3x60% Dual-Stat Mods (Cicero, Tehtra, Breeding Grounds)

Multishot mods

(if you want: Hammershot mod, Stunning Speed, Sure Shot).

And as already has been said:

the grinlock tysis and miter

And i think, Marelok, also, too - with Sure Shot / Stunning Speed it has 99.7%

Edited by Spectre-Agent

the grinlock tysis and miter are the ones I know of right now

This.

Depends on how you quantify 100% status tho. For the pellet weapons, with lots of multishot and a decently high proc rate, you can have an extremely low chance to not get at least one proc every shot. 

For example the Pyrana with multishot and the event mods has only a 28% chance to proc per pellet, but fires ~34 pellets per shot, and averages around 9.4 procs per shot. The chances of not getting at least one proc in a shot is less than 0.002%

The problem is anything that deals physical damage will have half those procs be I, P, or S, and only half elemental. So while something like the Grinlok might get 100% status, its really only got a 50% elemental status, while something like the Lanka, which has no IPS base, will have a full 80% elemental proc per projectile.

This.

Depends on how you quantify 100% status tho. For the pellet weapons, with lots of multishot and a decently high proc rate, you can have an extremely low chance to not get at least one proc every shot. 

For example the Pyrana with multishot and the event mods has only a 28% chance to proc per pellet, but fires ~34 pellets per shot, and averages around 9.4 procs per shot. The chances of not getting at least one proc in a shot is less than 0.002%

Actually, the proc chance shown is the probability of at least one of its pellets applying a status chance. The actual proc chance per pellet on the pyrana ends up being barely less than a percent. If you applied max multishot and the damage/proc mods, it would show about 57% when in reality it's actually a 2.4% chance for each pellet.

Actually, the proc chance shown is the probability of at least one of its pellets applying a status chance.

I've been wondering for a while if the base proc chance shown is per pellet (like pistols) or per shot (like shotguns).

Okay. So the Akbronco would have a 30% from 7 pellets = 5% per pellet base = 14% per pellet modified @ 19.6 pellets = 2.7 base proc per shot, 94.8% chance to get at least one proc. 

With an average 2.744 procs per shot, and 50% of those elementals, thats an average proc rate of 1.372 elemental procs per trigger pull. Tysis pulls 2.8 per shot with 31.25% Corrosive, so ~1.925 of other elements.

But Akbronco Prime fires a hella lot faster too :D

Edited by Darzk

I've been wondering for a while if the base proc chance shown is per pellet (like pistols) or per shot (like shotguns).

Okay. So the Akbronco would have a 30% from 7 pellets = 5% per pellet base = 14% per pellet modified @ 19.6 pellets = 2.7 base proc per shot, 94.8% chance to get at least one proc. 

With an average 2.744 procs per shot, and 50% of those elementals, thats an average proc rate of 1.372 elemental procs per trigger pull. Tysis pulls 2.8 per shot with 31.25% Corrosive, so ~1.925 of other elements.

But Akbronco Prime fires a hella lot faster too :D

Maybe, but the tysis would work better in terms of actually and steadily exploiting CC effects such as blast, shock, and radiation at any range, whereas the akbronco ends up distributing its pellets in an area at medium to long ranges, while mostly applying impact procs more than anything else.

There's also the issue on how those chances are actually distributed among the damage types. I highly doubt that elemental damage make up 50% of the chance, considering that my personal experience provide only few elemental procs versus a large number of physicals in a single mission. There is also some curiousity as to how often a base element may proc instead of a combo element, such as toxic triggering when a weapon has corrosive.

There's also the issue on how those chances are actually distributed among the damage types.

I did a lot of testing with the Grinlok and Tysis back in the day. The end result is:

The chance for each proc is based on the % damage done by that damage type.

So lets look at a simple example, Boltor Prime with no mods. Its got a 10% proc chance, and a chance to proc only Impact and Puncture. It doesn't do any Slash damage so it can't proc Slash. This does not mean that it will proc Puncture 5% of the time and Impact 5% of the time; it will proc Puncture far more often. This is because it deals more Puncture damage than Impact.

So we look at the damage breakdown and see that it deals 90% Puncture damage and 10% Impact damage. This correlates to the proc chance - 90% of the procs will be Puncture, and 10% will be Impact. Combined with a 10% chance for a proc to happen, this means that we have a 9% chance for a Puncture proc, and a 1% chance of an Impact proc.

This 'simple' distribution works the same for elemental weapons with added elements. It also works if you add less than 100% total of all different elements to an IPS weapon.

If a weapon deals exclusively physical or elemental damage [or an IPS weapon with less than 100% elements added], the chance of a proc being that type is equal to the proportional amount of damage done by that type.

But when we add more than 100% elements to an I/P/S weapon, the Impact, Puncture, and Slash procs must add up to half of the total procs, and the added elements share the other half of the procs.

So say we add 180% Corrosive and 90% Cold to our 10% proc chance Boltor Prime. Now we're dealing 2.7% Impact, 24.32% Puncture and Cold, and 48.6% Corrosive. But this does NOT equal the chances for a proc to be those elements, because the IPS mods must proc half the time. So instead we see 10% Impact and 90% Puncture half the time, so 5% Impact and 45% Puncture, and we see 66.66% Corrosive and 33.33% Cold half the time, so 33.33% Corrosive and 16.66% Cold.

If a weapon deals both physical and more than +100% elemental damage, at least half of the time the proc must be physical. The type of physical or elemental proc is determined by the proportional amount of damage done by that type.