Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Has Fast Config/setups/loadout Switching Been Ignored For So Long? Now With Archwing!

Mak_Gohae

Seriously, DE?

After all of this it now takes even MORE button presses to switch mod setups?

Now you got to press Esc to bring up the menu.

YnPLNqRl.png

Equipment to bring up the arsenal.

E3r930Zl.jpg

Arsenal to bring up the main arsenal.

D6je4fIl.png

Pick item you want to switch and press upgrade.

GlljOV5l.png

Then press the different config you want to use.

RJJtwz9l.jpg

WTH? Seriously.

I have been asking for a quick switch menu for a loooooonnng time and have been patiently waiting for it but the patience bucked it empty now. Why do you build a game mechanic where you can freely switch between equipment (mods) at any point but DONT have a complementing system that lets you do this quickly?

How is this NOT priority one? This is one of the reason people dont feel like switching mods and you get a bunch of complains about the mod system, because it takes so long to do this. It takes so long that people just build one standard setup that they can use on most enemies.

And before you say loadout options, that thing is universal and only holds 6 loadouts. Which, needless to say, is not going to cover 3 setups per frame, primary, secondary, melee, sentinel, sentinel weapons.

DE ... This is the NEXT thing you need to work on for you UI.

SERIOUSLY.

You need to make it easier to switch between the different setups.

This is the original thread where i suggested this.

This was another time i suggested this.

And i posted a few more times but i dont want to look for it now.

Seriously, DE, get on this, man.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Another thing they need to get to is those load times. What is up with those load times?

That's also affecting cosmetics, too.

Im that crazy that i switch around colors and attachments from sentinels and the colors of weapons and being sluggish on top of all those button presses is really just dragging so much.

The world mission map, the market, and codex are fine but anything dealing with equipment took a big hit.

exhausting, isn't it

More annoying than anything.

I really dont understand how fast switching of setups have been ignored this long.

In this game where the dev talking about mod setups and all of that.

They know we switch because they added the loadout option which is nice for going to your favorites, which is what this should really be called, so why did they not go that extra step and finish this?

It takes more button presses to do anything, it is not just changing setups!

Im focusing on the equipment cause that's a big gameplay factor. This should be the thing that should be the easiest to do out of everything. I dont mind the market taking longer because that's not something i use in every single game session but switching equipment is.

Its funny the people defending the new UI stick with ... so its a couple more clicks... i can do things SO fast once i learned... yet no matter how you work it MORE Clicks is ... well MORE... 

The UI fails on so many levels its almost impossible to bring them all up.  Those who want to defend a spiffy amount of aethetics just wont bend on the fact that its utility has been compromised drastically.

also claiming its consoled out doesn't actually provide any relief it sounds like a cop out and gives the devs an easy escape from the otherwise hard questions.  So focus on all the things they need to address...  because we aren't getting rid of the gimmicky crap they have shoved down our throats any time soon.

also claiming its consoled out doesn't actually provide any relief it sounds like a cop out and gives the devs an easy escape from the otherwise hard questions.  So focus on all the things they need to address...  because we aren't getting rid of the gimmicky crap they have shoved down our throats any time soon.

Even if this was for console it doesnt make sense because you still need to press all these buttons to bring all these menus out.

I dont see what was the goal here when it game to helping gameplay.

• 1 month later...

With the introduction of the Tactical Alerts.... can we get a look on this?

Seriously, DE, with all the colors, continuing cosmetics, dmg 2.0, and now this.... there are way too many reason to switch up quickly and little to leave this untouched for so long.

As a new player (PC), I found the UI just fine to start with immersive and exciting, and logical enough in leading me from one thing to another from a position of no knowledge, but now as I learn more about the game and want to do things faster with less clicks, I'm finding I'd like the option to a) turn off the diegetic "swimming", and b) the option to turn off the "swishy" transitions between screens.  Plus I'd like a few QOL tweaks here and there.

In the UI dev interview, they stated specifically that, since they don't have the resources to develop and support 2 UIs (which I'm sure we would all prefer) the new UI is meant to be as happy a compromise as they can get between a PC-friendly UI and a console-friendly UI, and I think in that they've largely succeeded.  It just needs refining, some opt-outs, a few QOL tweaks, and some "parallel" transition possibilities (e.g. planet to planet in the Planet screen, weapon to weapon in the Arsenal (weapon) screen, and a few other things here and there, and it's liveable-with.

As a new player (PC), I found the UI just fine to start with immersive and exciting, and logical enough in leading me from one thing to another from a position of no knowledge, but now as I learn more about the game and want to do things faster with less clicks, I'm finding I'd like the option to a) turn off the diegetic "swimming", and b) the option to turn off the "swishy" transitions between screens.  Plus I'd like a few QOL tweaks here and there.

In the UI dev interview, they stated specifically that, since they don't have the resources to develop and support 2 UIs (which I'm sure we would all prefer) the new UI is meant to be as happy a compromise as they can get between a PC-friendly UI and a console-friendly UI, and I think in that they've largely succeeded.  It just needs refining, some opt-outs, a few QOL tweaks, and some "parallel" transition possibilities (e.g. planet to planet in the Planet screen, weapon to weapon in the Arsenal (weapon) screen, and a few other things here and there, and it's liveable-with.

what i find rather funny tho is for something like the "swaying" issues etc its all made to sound like turning that off or making everything flat is some amazingly difficult time wasting idea that requires weeks/months of planning to impliment.

its not many like ppl are asking for radical sweeping changes, a lot of these are amazingly simple in nature but are simply brushed off.

Arsenal should be a top level menu.

The fusion window needs (yet another) major overhaul. Any action other than maxing out a mod is a major pain now (I'd nearly go so far as to say as to state that the old window, where you had to click every single core individually was almost better).

The fixed font size *sucks*, sorry DE, not everyone plays this on a console on a full HD screen. I often play on a resolution of 1366x768 (laptop) and the text on mods is pretty much unreadable.

Another UI change has gone by without any progress at fast config switching.

I havent messed around with the Kubs stuff but from what we had there it looked like you have different configs for patterns so now that they added the colors and patterns to the market they added ANOTHER thing that requires a bunch of clicks to change.

The list keeps expanding and this keeps being left behind.

Im starting to feel like this dude.

xQnKDeR.jpg

• 1 month later...
NOTE: When modding for an Archwing mission, the only mods that transfer over from your Warframe Mod loadout are mods that are: HEALTH, SHIELD, ARMOUR, AND ENERGY RELATED.

Correct me if i am wrong but.....

So now if we want to enter an arcwing mission i have to switch my loadout,right?

So DE added another mission type, tactic alerts was the other, where i am required to switch loadout but the UI to do this is STILL mega primitive.

Never, mind the fact that we will be loosing one loadout option with any frame you decided to use for Arcwings.

DE, PLEASE, take note of what you are doing. You are adding more and more things that require the use of something you have not bothered to implement yet.