Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How The Mod Collection Should Look

AZZEL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT --- UPDATE --- 15 September 2013 ---

I made this thread more than 5 months ago. So let's see, what happened since then?

Did the mod collection get that necessary overhaul? No, sadly not.

We still have major problems.

No. 1: MODS DON'T STACK!

jOZGPsS.jpg

On the fitting screen they don't fit on the screen...

OJwScd3.png

No. 2: NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT COMPLETENESS

When we look at our collection we still don't know how complete it is.

How many mods are missing in my collection? Is it 5? ...or 20? ...or maybe more than 50?

The patch notes are useless for this, because they don't tell us. I found a 'Maglev' mod today without information about it.

With every new update that gets released it's getting more and more and more chaotic... MOAR mods, but no overhaul.

What we need here is an INDEX. A Warframe 'Moddex' with all mods which SHOWS us which ones we already have.

Gosh! If you need help, look at this :D

http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/national

My idea in the original post already showed how this could look. It's still a way to handle this chaos.

This is NOT about equipping the mods, it's about getting information about the collection.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original post --- 10 April 2013 ---

I like to have a clear overview. So I thought about how the mod collection should look. To give me all the information I need plus an easy management.

So currently there are multiple problems. First, the duplicates. Secondly, the fusion cores. Both overflow the mod collection and they will even more the longer we play.
Another problem is that all mods are in one pool, so there is no way to distinguish between types.
Adding to the list that the collection has dozens (later hundreds) of pages to browse.

In my version you have your collection on 2 pages. ONLY 1 mod of every type is shown, no duplicates nor fusion cores. To get access to them you have to click on the specific mod, a new screen opens where the duplicates are (only of this mod type of course). Here the fusion takes place. If you want to use fusion cores they should be grouped (common 3, uncommon 5, etc.), fusion with other mod types should also be possible.

That way the overview and management would be much easier.

The mod collection would look like this (sry, no pic from fusion screen, you have to use your imagination for that).

Page 1

HwYHv2j.jpg

Page 2

QdST2jm.jpg

The same again with a few comments.

ZrBYtPB.jpg

9F8Zdye.jpg

Advantages:

- Differentiation between mod types.
- Overview if collection is complete or not.
- Overview of ranks/which mods need to level-up.
- Overview of which mods have duplicates.
- No duplicates/fusion cores in list.
- 2 pages, when new mods/warframes get added a 3rd page, still small

Edited by AZZEL

May I just say that I can't say yes enough to this. You have no idea how much of a pain it is to scroll through pages just to find what you're looking for. Doing this makes everything SO much more efficient.

Bravo on the demonstration.

Instead of 'D' for duplicates, just show a number, indicating the amount of mods you have of that same rank.

For Fusion Cores, I'd like something like Total Fusion Power. That is, I couldn't care less how many mods I have, just give a a total amount of power I have to fuse. Let's say the power is 1000, and when I rank up a mod, it tells me that it will cose 150 to rank it up to the next level and be done with it. The Total Fusion Power bar could be at the bottom of the screen, and a right click on a mod will let give me an option upgrade it.

E: No, the right click to upgrade would be out of place. The Total Fusion Power thingy should be just like a card that you could drag onto the mod to fuse like it is now. It will automatically fill it up to the next level, indicating the cost, of course.

Edited by Brazen_NL

Guest Sess1on

Good mock up! I definitely agree. The entire UI really needs to an overhaul. It's a chore to do even the simpliest things in the cluttered and convoluted interface they have now.

+1 to this much needed suggestion.

Just a few comments:

1)  it would be better if mods of different power level are shown as distinct card instead of being stacked together (like duplicates).

e.g. say I have 10 unleveled mod A  5 level 1 mod A and 1 level 3 mod A. Then it should be shown as 3 slots, unleveled, level 1 and level 3. This will remove the need to go to another level just to see how many of each level of a mod there are.

2) no need to "leave holes" for collections. It is not practical. And also, due to potential adding/removing of mod types as well as variable powered levels (from my point 1), as well as customized sorting preference, there is really no fixed positions for the mods.

3) must be linked/interfaced with the mod-equip screen well. Unequipping mods in equip screen should NOT involve manually looking for a blank slot. It should be something like just right-click, and under the new system, if the mod has duplicate, it will just increase the count by one, or add to the end of the list if it is the only mod of its kind and level.

4) Each "list" (eg, rifle mods is one list, pistol mods is another) should have its own page management. (e.g. page number + prev/next page). So that I can like view one part of the pistol mods while I flip the page of the rifle mods without affecting the pistol mods I am looking at.

just my 4 cents

Well they could make quicker sort things, e.g. filter for weapons. They already have the code in place if we click on modding a rifle we don't see other mods there.

That should be the first iteration to make to be able to only show mods for rifle, pistol, melee, warframes and so on. Then they can add direct name search and so on.

I like a clear overview. So I thought about how the mod collection should look. To give me all the information I need plus an easy management.

So currently there are multiple problems. First, the duplicates. Secondly, the fusion cores. Both overflow the mod collection and they will even more the longer we play.

Another problem is that all mods are in one pool, so there is no way to distinguish between types.

Adding to the list that the collection has dozens (later hundreds) of pages to browse.

In my version you have your collection on 2 pages. ONLY 1 mod of every type is shown, no duplicates nor fusion cores. To get access to them you have to click on the specific mod, a new screen opens where the duplicates are (only of this mod type of course). Here the fusion takes place. If you want to use fusion cores they should be grouped (common 3, uncommon 5, etc.), fusion with other mod types should also be possible.

That way the overview and management would be much easier.

The mod collection would look like this (sry, no pic from fusion screen, you have to use your imagination for that).

/snip

Advantages:

- Differentiation between mod types.

- Overview if collection is complete or not.

- Overview of ranks/which mods need to level-up.

- Overview of which mods have duplicates.

- No duplicates/fusion cores in list.

- 2 pages, when new mods/warframes get added a 3rd page, still small

A milion times yes to this.

With this layout, how would I see my alternate rank mods?

For example, for ranking up pistols, I keep mutliple levels of Hornet Strike available at different mod costs, rank 0,2, & 5 in this case with mod costs of 4, 6 and 9 respectively. What if I want to rank up a mod 0 into a mod 3 or 4 to fill in my gap?

Second issue for me is it is getting hard to read with so many mods on a page at the resolution I normally run at (1280x740). I apologize in advance that my GIMP skills are not as good as AZZEL's.

RnIBBb5.jpg

I even tried to save space by rotating the row labels, which does help a little.

6ksgpyr.jpg

At the minimum resolution of the game (800x600), it's completely illegible; trying to fit 75% more data in the same width just doesn't work at that res. I guess the best way to work around that would be wrap groups at 8, but then you lose a lot of the pretty formatting and organization (and gain more pages)

Aside from those two points, I really like your idea.

AGREED! They should have the mods in categories and in alphabetical order to start off with and then add more detail in later because at the moment it is very difficult and time consuming to find the mods you're looking for!