Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ui Makes Me Nauseous

SanityRobot

You should also probably relay most of this info to the "New Hud Feedback" thread since this is a big issue for some.

Posting anything into megathreads like that has as much impact as writing it on a piece of paper then burning it. The criticism would just get lost in the flood of people shouting about how they should give us the old UI back.

I think having ill effects on people's well being is probably a big enough issue to have it's own thread as it is a distinct issue from "I don't like how it looks"..

thankyou. This is a console update - the old menu (pre - U14) was perfect for the mouse. This is more suited to a gamepad than mouse and keyboard. 

Honestly I think that was a small motivation for the setup, this way things are easier to port over, since the PS4 UI looked different than the PC's did pre-U14.

I don't get motion sickness from games, but I am getting a lot of sensory overload from the new UI. Too many floating, swimmy buttons, obscured displays, and crowded menus sucks the fun out fo the game for me. And let's not forget how to leave a group, you have to press escape and then go to your name and then manually click "Leave Group" instead of just escape and then enter. I don't like jumping through hoops to get my game to work. I spent more time sifting through menus yesterday than actually playing missions.

My base suggestion would be to add a toggle for static, flat menus with no Tenno in the foreground.

That's absurd. Not only that, but it's ignorant and inconsiderate.

I suggest you think before you leak your smarmy verbal diarrhea all over the forums in response to a legitimate complaint about enjoying the game.

Este.

Ugh, even just moving around my ship makes me sick. Why the heck doesn't my FOV in missions apply to the ship. I can't stand this. If they made the ships interior too small to support custom FOV - THEY SHOULD HAVE MADE THEM BIGGER.

Well crap. What's happening to you, Warframe? You used to be a nice, simple, fun blaster, but you've been steadily going downhill over the last 8 months (as far as I'm concerned, it all started with Damage 2.0, but an argument could be made for it beginning 9 1/2 months ago in 10.3 with the drop table encryption).

One of the problems I have with the new U.I. is I have difficulty reading the text on the mods and weapons. My eyes are not the best, but the text looks distorted and too small for me. I didn't have the problem with the old U.I, just this new one. I hope they address this issue in the future.

Please watch this video afterward you to will know how DE did everything wrong from a minimizing Simulation Sickness stand. Its all the mistakes a Console developer would make, not one giving lip to supporting PCs.

dat video.....i want DE to watch that video.....

This thread has lots of views since it was made, if you order by views, it is one of the most viewed about U14 UI.

I am thinking on send a PM to a [DE] employee for an official statement about this, as to me seems they are not aware of this. Or that none of the employees/testers suffered form motion sickness on the new UI.

I also hope someone asks the developers about it on next livestream, I would, but I am working during it´s hours.

Edited by rafacasper

I love the new UI and my only problem with it is they currently don't support my resolution (1280x1024 at 4:3) and I instead get ~20% of the screen... off the screen. I have no motion sickness problems at all with the new UI and love it. (Currently playing on 16:9 though). However, I get abysmal motion sickness when trying to read a book on a bus. My goodness, that's a terrible business. If you guys experience anything like that from the UI, my sympathy to you -- hopefully you'll get toggle options so you can play and have fun with the rest of us again. : (

Edited by LordGreymantle

I seem to be getting a little light headed when trying to navigate the ship. I don't like having to squint at my monitor to read mod names and what they do when they fall on the left side of the screen. It should really be toggle able.

I don't think we are ever making them first person, as in flat in screen, but we do want to revisit the sway, but we cant add that until we add the slider for size, otherwise there will be covered content you can't see. When exactly this will go in I'm not sure, but it will be a matter of weeks.

From the pinned UI topic. Not a whole lot. But at least the sway bit will be worked on. Eventually. If I were you guys I'd just sit the game down for a week or two and just check the forums once a day for the patchnotes and any discussion on the topic. That's what I've ended up doing. It sucks, but it's better than being sick.

Please just get used to it.

It's not easy - if possible at all - to get used to something that causes motion sickness for some people. Some people just can't help about it and the menu sway is a slap in their face.

So their question to have an option to toggle the menu sway off is legitimate because it isn't really needed when the UI will be scaleable in the near future to fit the content on the screen. The scaleable UI has been pretty much confirmed by Pablo yesterday.