Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Kubrow] Why Should You Use Kubrow Over A Sentinel?

KudaGila

Agreed. They should probably cost less (like 10,000). But don't go calling us elitist jerks. That's just rude man.

If you agree with that statement then my comment was clearly not directed at you, I'm talking about the people who show up in pretty much every thread about this and say stuff like "qq noobs 100k is so easy, learn to play lol"

I only play the game maybe 2-3 days a week at best given I work full time and have classes. When I do have time to play I'd rather be out farming for mods, leveling weapons, frames, or otherwise progressing. Not wasting all my time trying to farm money to feed my virtual dog.

Edited by Severanth

If you agree with that statement then my comment was clearly not directed at you, I'm talking about the people who show up in pretty much every thread about this and say stuff like "qq noobs 100k is so easy, learn to play lol"

That's me. 100,00k is quite easy to achieve if you get a good squad. Hell, if someone asked me to taxi them to sechura for 5 runs I'd do so. 

But I'm not the one who'd say "learn to play git gud". 

1) Kubrow's health decays over time and you have to stabilize him - while your sentinel was always immortal

2) Sahasa kubrow runs around, sniffs out ammo for you and that's it - any sentinel at least restores your shields

3) You have to restore loyalty to your Kubrow? Tamagochi simulator?

Dunno about others, for me it's a payed way for more account XP, and then my kubrow goes into stasis, and get's replaced with sentinel. If you could equip both Sentinel + Kubrow, that would be ok, but when choosing between them, sentinel goes first.

I think Kubrow is a cool project with some parts wrong, the decaying health, even when excused with the genetic cloning (sounds like idea from Mass Effect 2 - cloning of Krogans), along with restoring loyalty to your pet - Tamagochi game, feed your pet (restore it's health), scrub it's back, take a good care of it, otherwise it dies. 

Carrier is still way more usefull, as he collects all drops in range for you, restores your shields and doesn't require any extra care + you can costumize him as you want.

Taking the idea of Kubrow Tamagochi to the extreme, Tenno will in U15 collect crap after their Kubrows, find oposite gender Kubrow, and let the couple produce a new puppy, who might overcome the decaying health.

Or you can buy a dog.

My sentinel has a gun.

My kubrow does not.

My sentinel grabs everything for me.

My kubrow can wag its tale. 

On average, it costs 8.3k to use a kubrow every day.

My sentinel costs nothing. 

11/10 Ordis AIs choose sentinels over kubrows

It comes down to preference. I used to not care for sentinels (because I could do all that crap myself: collect resources? Yeah I can just kill everything first and then go collect them). With kubrows however, as a dog person, I feel myself liking them far more. 

In terms of decaying health, it's fine until you get up to a negative number, then you heal them (at least that's how I do it). 

Restoring loyalty, I don't see why I shouldn't pet my kubrow.

Feed it? Do you mean restoring its health with the stabilizers. I like that part.

See here's the thing: It's tamagotchi feel is because you are taking care of  LIVING BEING. If the sentinel was organic, you'd have to also take care of it. 

Plus, kubrows can devastate an entire enemy force with the right mods and have you seen the health those beasts can have? It dwarfs my ash's 1096 health.

For reference, did you need to farm all the kubrow mods or were you given all of them in the condolence package?

While I personally don't mind shelling out 100k every 12 days, I wouldn't mind ether A Decrease in costs, or B increase in how much it heals.

Considering I can usually net at least a mil over an intense grinding weekend (I've always got credit and affinity boosters on :P) I wouldn't mind that either, but a slight price decrease would be nice for the newer players as well.

For reference, did you need to farm all the kubrow mods or were you given all of them in the condolence package?

You need to farm for them, but they aren't super duper rare like the eggs. You get two basic mods for the specific breed and then you get the others by killing feral kubrows on earth.

You need to farm for them, but they aren't super duper rare like the eggs. You get two basic mods for the specific breed and then you get the others by killing feral kubrows on earth.

pooch poaching will be my new hobby until my collection is complete.

Kubrow is useless to me. It's a liability. I'm just taking it out for leveling and the darn dog makes it harder to even run an easy solo survival post 35 minutes simply because he became yet another pointless objective for me to care for. I had to leave early so I wouldn't lose loyalty or put myself in a bad position.

Damage wise : I don't need you. Brakkun is good enough. The killing animation takes too long. I can land a whole mag before the attack is done.

Utility wise : So I lose my Shield Regen, Slow aura, Item pick up which is vital on any Nekros player, for a chance to dig item off the ground for AMMO, HEALTH ORB, and ENERGY ORB that I can already generate from killing everything? Useless.

After it gets to lv 30, I'm going back to my carrier. I don't really care if my Kubrow is tanky. Me being tanky with a constant shield regen is what will allow me to survive long.

Not to mention that typically Sentinels only die because of some big AoE attack, not many things (aside from Feral Kubrows amusingly) will target them directly. This means that Sentinels are much easier to maintain as well.

Actually, partly false. Kubrows can achieve some crazy shield/HP values from the link mods. The Pack Leader mod at max rank also takes 36% of your melee damage and restores it as health for your Kubrow. I should also mention that they can be revived. With the Loyal Companion mod, I believe it's along the lines of a 20 second bleedout. Sentinels are left with one revive that, while instant, can only be used a single time per mission.

Not to mention that typically Sentinels only die because of some big AoE attack, not many things (aside from Feral Kubrows amusingly) will target them directly. This means that Sentinels are much easier to maintain as well.

Kubrows will survive the attack though because with the link mods they are better than even frames in terms of health, shields, and armor.

Look there is a reason for both and I'll point these out.

Kubrows are stronger and more durable than a Sentinel. Kubrows do more damage.

Sentinels have ranged attacks that do very little damage and die easy, but they have better utility than Kubrows.

There is no better or worse, it's all personally opinion, end of discussion

Actually, partly false. Kubrows can achieve some crazy shield/HP values from the link mods. The Pack Leader mod at max rank also takes 36% of your melee damage and restores it as health for your Kubrow. I should also mention that they can be revived. With the Loyal Companion mod, I believe it's along the lines of a 20 second bleedout. Sentinels are left with one revive that, while instant, can only be used a single time per mission.

That doesn't change the fact however that if your Kubrow runs into a room full of Heavies he's probably going to die and you might as well if you rush in to try and save him, while your Sentinel will only die in that situation due to a massive explosion or if you die first.

I know that. I asked if you were given all of them for free because you lost your first kubrow to the glitch. As one of the few people talking about how great and effective kubrows are, there seems to be a big disparity between your experience and most other players'.

I've seen other posts you've made and tend to agree with them, so I think we might like WF in similar ways, but I can't find anything attractive about the kubrow situation other than space puppies, but I don't plan on milling about on my space ship (once I have one) just to play with one.

Kubrows are stronger and more durable than a Sentinel. Kubrows do more damage.

Sentinels have ranged attacks that do very little damage and die easy, but they have better utility than Kubrows.

There is no better or worse, it's all personally opinion, end of discussion

End-game is more about utility over damage for any outside or power factors though.

That single target finisher on a single heavy won't mean much compared to being to pick all the ammo and healing orb while staying behind cover.

I know that. I asked if you were given all of them for free because you lost your first kubrow to the glitch. As one of the few people talking about how great and effective kubrows are, there seems to be a big disparity between your experience and most other players'.

I've seen other posts you've made and tend to agree with them, so I think we might like WF in similar ways, but I can't find anything attractive about the kubrow situation other than space puppies, but I don't plan on milling about on my space ship (once I have one) just to play with one.

I didn't lose mine to the glitch (thank god). I love kubrows because I'm a dog person, so anything resembling a dog (and isn't trying to kill me) will gain my attention and affection very easily. Again, it comes to down to personal preferences.

And I'm actually one of the rare people who hasn't experienced ANY of the issues regarding u14 as others have had. So I'm guess I'm blessed or something.

Edited by TheErebus

That doesn't change the fact however that if your Kubrow runs into a room full of Heavies he's probably going to die and you might as well if you rush in to try and save him, while your Sentinel will only die in that situation due to a massive explosion or if you die first.

If you're taking your Kubrow into a mission where you are unable to kill a room full of Heavies in those 20 seconds before he bleeds out, I don't think he is to blame.

Don't forget long term advancement of Kubrow in the future. Sentinels have learned a few new tricks since they were added (Coolant Leak, Sanctuary, etc) which is great because Sentinels allow for some diversity in their builds. This isn't the case really for Kubrow since almost all of your mod slots are dedicated to making them decent at doing damage and able to survive more than a single hit. Since they don't have any weapons all their damage mods go straight onto them, and without the Link mods and Loyal Companion mod they are paper thin. This pretty much means that we'll not see any new mods come out for them in the future simply because there is no room to fit them in. The only thing they could do would be come out with more breed specific powers, or simply come up with alternatives to them.

there seems to be a big disparity between your experience and most other players'.

The disparity is likely from how much of a difference the correct mods make. Without the right mods, they're entirely lackluster. Edit: Like a lot of things.

Edited by Nitresco

Don't forget long term advancement of Kubrow in the future. Sentinels have learned a few new tricks since they were added (Coolant Leak, Sanctuary, etc) which is great because Sentinels allow for some diversity in their builds. This isn't the case really for Kubrow since almost all of your mod slots are dedicated to making them decent at doing damage and able to survive more than a single hit. Since they don't have any weapons all their damage mods go straight onto them, and without the Link mods and Loyal Companion mod they are paper thin. This pretty much means that we'll not see any new mods come out for them in the future simply because there is no room to fit them in. The only thing they could do would be come out with more breed specific powers, or simply come up with alternatives to them.

Oh that's BS. Sure they'll come up with better and more interesting mods! DE wouldn't just leave the kubrows as they are right now. That'd just be a huge kick in the teeth for the ones who made the kubrows in the first place.

AS they stand, you have 7 mods that are pretty much mandatory to make Kubrow worth using. Bite (+Crit Chance and Damage), Fast Deflection (+Shield Regen), Link Armor, Link Health, Link Shields, Loyal Companion (+Bleed Out time), and Maul (+Damage), then you have their two breed specific mods that makes 9, which leaves you with one free mod slot which will probably go towards Pack Leader or Scavenger based on player choice (Pack Leader being the more useless of the two imo). That doesn't leave a lot of room for additional mods or more diverse builds.

Yeah so until this, this stupid useless creature is going into the Stasis right after it reaches lv 30. It saw a stalker using Absorb and has to go in and die. It sees a unit far away behind that I'm trying to snipe and runs out to get shot.

Kubrow is bad because it's 100% AI. At least Sentinel isn't that AI-dependent. It doesn't move away on its own. Most of its skills are active the moment it is commanded to use (stuffs like res shield, shield regen, vacuum when it's not bugged because of lags). Kubrow will always be too unreliable unless they start making mods like 'Allowed you to be downed even when solo where they will come to try and res you immediately." or "Fetch"

AS they stand, you have 7 mods that are pretty much mandatory to make Kubrow worth using. Bite (+Crit Chance and Damage), Fast Deflection (+Shield Regen), Link Armor, Link Health, Link Shields, Loyal Companion (+Bleed Out time), and Maul (+Damage), then you have their two breed specific mods that makes 9, which leaves you with one free mod slot which will probably go towards Pack Leader or Scavenger based on player choice (Pack Leader being the more useless of the two imo). That doesn't leave a lot of room for additional mods or more diverse builds.

Someone once said that they could put in a mod that made a kubrow target the flying enemies. They could jump up and catch them in their jaws, then smash them to pieces by crushing them with their teeth. That would be a huge help to those who are melee oriented (such as myself).