Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Kubrow] Why Should You Use Kubrow Over A Sentinel?

KudaGila

1) Kubrow's health decays over time and you have to stabilize him - while your sentinel was always immortal

2) Sahasa kubrow runs around, sniffs out ammo for you and that's it - any sentinel at least restores your shields

3) You have to restore loyalty to your Kubrow? Tamagochi simulator?

Dunno about others, for me it's a payed way for more account XP, and then my kubrow goes into stasis, and get's replaced with sentinel. If you could equip both Sentinel + Kubrow, that would be ok, but when choosing between them, sentinel goes first.

I think Kubrow is a cool project with some parts wrong, the decaying health, even when excused with the genetic cloning (sounds like idea from Mass Effect 2 - cloning of Krogans), along with restoring loyalty to your pet - Tamagochi game, feed your pet (restore it's health), scrub it's back, take a good care of it, otherwise it dies. 

Carrier is still way more usefull, as he collects all drops in range for you, restores your shields and doesn't require any extra care + you can costumize him as you want.

Taking the idea of Kubrow Tamagochi to the extreme, Tenno will in U15 collect crap after their Kubrows, find oposite gender Kubrow, and let the couple produce a new puppy, who might overcome the decaying health.

Or you can buy a dog.

It comes down to preference. I used to not care for sentinels (because I could do all that crap myself: collect resources? Yeah I can just kill everything first and then go collect them). With kubrows however, as a dog person, I feel myself liking them far more. 

In terms of decaying health, it's fine until you get up to a negative number, then you heal them (at least that's how I do it). 

Restoring loyalty, I don't see why I shouldn't pet my kubrow.

Feed it? Do you mean restoring its health with the stabilizers. I like that part.

See here's the thing: It's tamagotchi feel is because you are taking care of  LIVING BEING. If the sentinel was organic, you'd have to also take care of it. 

Plus, kubrows can devastate an entire enemy force with the right mods and have you seen the health those beasts can have? It dwarfs my ash's 1096 health.

Edited by TheErebus

To be fair kunrows have way to many down-sides. Looking at the current system i am not quit sure why i put so much effort in something that is hardly worth the work.

The only kubrow that seems reasonable to me is the Raksa-type. The howl and shield-restore that works even if your shield is not empty and also regenerates shields of your kubrow seems fairly strong. Good CC and good survivability.

Link-mods are required mods so you better put some effort in farming those. Without them DO NOT take your kubrow on missions above level 8.

1) 100k keeps your Kubrow stable for 12 days. Doing the math, not much effort.

2) That's just Sahasa. One of the other Kubrows has an AoE roar that pretty much acts as a Nekros Terrify alongside an ability that recharges its masters shields.

3) Loyalty could use work, I agree. Restoring it only 3 times a day is slightly annoying considering how it basically amounts to 1 and a half revives. But with the right proper builds, Kubrows can actually far outlive Sentinels by having thousands of shields and HP. So I suppose it's a decent balance.

Edited by Nitresco

I play on PS4 and all this is news to me, didn't realize they had decaying health. That kinda detracts from their appeal :/

So, if your kubrow dies, is it just dead forever?

No it lives on. It's just that it has lower health.

Plus, you can make imprints which allow you to immediately create the exact same one so you never really lose them.

Edited by TheErebus

1) 100k keeps your Kubrow stable for 12 days. Doing the math, not much effort.

2) That's just Sahasa. One of the other Kubrows has an AoE roar that pretty much acts as a Nekros Terrify alongside an ability that recharges its masters shields.

3) Loyalty could use work, I agree. Restoring it only 3 times a day is slightly annoying considering how it basically amounts to 1 and a half revives. But with the right proper builds, Kubrows can actually far outlive Sentinels by having thousands of shields and HP. So I suppose it's a decent balance.

Ofc Kubrows outlive sentinels, they turned to weak sauce this past update.

I'm pretty much of the same opinion there.

What I had in mind was quite different from what they did with the DNA Stabilizer and the decaying health (just by being active).

It doesn't even make much sense to me. Are Kubrows terminally ill, sufferering from pathological tissue mutation or what?

Dying in battle doesn't seem to affect their health at all - they just don't like you if that happens. Hey, I didn't ask you to run into a room full of Grineer Heavy Gunners, did I?

One solution to the whole affair which would even let the DNA Stabilizer exist as they are is to restore health by putting them into stasis, maybe 50% a day. Then change the loss of health to also occur from dying in battle and Kubrows start to be more attractive.

Right now they are just one massive credit sink.

Not that they couldn't be pretty neat with the right combination of Warframes and mods. Imagine a Sunika Kubrow slotted with Pack Leader and 110% armor link coupled with a max armor Valkyr and decent melee weapons. Mmmmh. Tasty.

(Where do you slot mods on a Kubrow? In the col... lar?) :D

Still, not viable for most people, I think.

Sad but true, the way the Kubrow were added makes them too much of a nuisance to want to use. Whenever I'm playing with friends I find myself being far too reserved in my play style when I have my Kubrow out because I'm terrified anything is going to kill it and I won't know where he died. The entire system is too unforgiving. If he dies you lose 40% of his Loyalty, and you can only recover a max of 60% a day, this is S#&$ when he dies so easily and there is no marker that shows where he died at. Stabilizers costs way too damn much, and don't let all the elitist jerks who claim farming 100k is easy, because for the majority of the player base we either don't have time to sit around and farm credits all day, or we simply aren't far enough in the game to do it yet. You unlock the Kubrow after beating like the second or third boss in the game which means it is not meant for people running endgame only.

I've put mine into stasis and he will probably stay there forever unless DE fixes this system, Kubrows don't add anything to the game that the Sentinels didn't already do, so they shouldn't use a more punishing system to use them. Remove loyalty and dna integrity as they are, instead make them a bonus (as they are displayed as anyways). If you interact with your kubrow regularly he gains a bonus to damage, but does not lose that on dying instead he loses it over time (like DNA integrity works now) if you don't interact with him, and make stabilizers option for bonus HP, not something that continually degrades.

sentinels are organic. theyre just able to take care of themselves i guess. wyrms djinn qnd shade are organic i think. wyrm prime uses carapace and cerebrum.. at the very least theyre part organic. droids if you will. 

that being said ur kubrow doesnt have to be in stasis because youre taking your sentinel everywhere. he or she is perfectly happy watching your ship from the comfort of his incubator platform 

Sad but true, the way the Kubrow were added makes them too much of a nuisance to want to use. Whenever I'm playing with friends I find myself being far too reserved in my play style when I have my Kubrow out because I'm terrified anything is going to kill it and I won't know where he died. The entire system is too unforgiving. If he dies you lose 40% of his Loyalty, and you can only recover a max of 60% a day, this is S#&$ when he dies so easily and there is no marker that shows where he died at. Stabilizers costs way too damn much, and don't let all the elitist jerks who claim farming 100k is easy, because for the majority of the player base we either don't have time to sit around and farm credits all day, or we simply aren't far enough in the game to do it yet. You unlock the Kubrow after beating like the second or third boss in the game which means it is not meant for people running endgame only.

I've put mine into stasis and he will probably stay there forever unless DE fixes this system, Kubrows don't add anything to the game that the Sentinels didn't already do, so they shouldn't use a more punishing system to use them. Remove loyalty and dna integrity as they are, instead make them a bonus (as they are displayed as anyways). If you interact with your kubrow regularly he gains a bonus to damage, but does not lose that on dying instead he loses it over time (like DNA integrity works now) if you don't interact with him, and make stabilizers option for bonus HP, not something that continually degrades.

Kubrows are powerful as hell, interacting and healing them is definitely worth it.

Stabilizers costs way too damn much, and don't let all the elitist jerks who claim farming 100k is easy, because for the majority of the player base we either don't have time to sit around and farm credits all day, or we simply aren't far enough in the game to do it yet. 

Agreed. They should probably cost less (like 10,000). But don't go calling us elitist jerks. That's just rude man.

Or you can buy a dog.

And not only does owning a real dog provide a much more realistic experience of owning a pet than a virtual pet will ever be able to simulate, it also provides the satisfaction of actually owning a loyal pet that loves you and will always love you until the end of its life.  

Something that, when the Kubrows try to emulate, it turns out to be more punishing than rewarding.

I play on PS4 and all this is news to me, didn't realize they had decaying health. That kinda detracts from their appeal :/

So, if your kubrow dies, is it just dead forever?

No if you forget to feed it for 10 days in a row they die permanently, however you only need to heal them once every 2 days with a item pack that costs 100k for 6, meaning healing them every other day and using the credits they earn to buy their food so you don't have to worry about them perma-dieing. If they die in combat they respawn at the ship and do 20% less damage than max to a total -100% damage, or half their usual (They start out at +100% or twice their normal, dieing removes 20% each time and you can heal up to 60% loyalty perday)

don't let all the elitist jerks who claim farming 100k is easy, because for the majority of the player base we either don't have time to sit around and farm credits all day

Hi, Mr. Generalization.

You don't farm 100k in one day. One pack of stabilizers lasts 12 days. 100 / 12 = 8.333 continuous. Is 8.3k credits daily that much of a hassle for you?

No if you forget to feed it for 10 days in a row they die permanently, however you only need to heal them once every 2 days with a item pack that costs 100k for 6, meaning healing them every other day and using the credits they earn to buy their food so you don't have to worry about them perma-dieing. If they die in combat they respawn at the ship and do 20% less damage than max to a total -100% damage, or half their usual (They start out at +100% or twice their normal, dieing removes 20% each time and you can heal up to 60% loyalty perday)

Is that 10 days that you actually play the game, or just 10 days regardless of whether you play or not? If the latter is true, that's a vaguely disguised attempt at making us log in consistently, something I've never been a fan of. There should only be benefits for logging in frequently, not consequences for not doing so.

Also, these pups sound a bit overcomplicated...

Edited by Kestral9999

haven't gotten mine yet. But that itself is a point, not even counting the farming you are looking at what, 3-4 days wait just to see what you got?

Then upwards of a week and another 100,000 credits plus void runs to get a chance to get another kind?

then the punitave upkeep. 

The earliness of the quests means you're going to see a lot of new people adopt these and the balance is a mile off for new players. 100,000, thats several days of farming just to tread water for a new player.