Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bossing Nerf... De... Why?

-----.__.G.O.D.__.-----

As we all know Lephantis in 14.0.7 was Super hard and people pretty much die in 1 hit. 
But why do DE have to Nerf it in 14.0.8? Everyone seem to run ODA much more often than usual ever since its "Buff", Reason is pretty noticeable, it's Entertaining to fight something that is difficult to beat. The people who complained about being Blasted by Projectiles, simply have never tried dodging. When the boss is about to shoot its poison out, just dodge side to side.

How often do you see Tenno using the Shift - Shift Dodge function? "Think about it"

That's why they're getting blasted >.>

What I Think about 14.0.8 Bossing Nerf.
Pretty much eliminated what we expected a Humongous Boss is about.

What I'm confuse about.
Why is DE going with minority complain instead of the Majority's support?

What DE could do to correct this issue.
Instead of having scaled Bossing, Add a Difficult selection.
Easy> Normal > Hard > Extreme > Nightmare
Each mode gives Different amount of EXP and kinds of mods

ODA was fun while it lasted.

Post below support or Go against this topic.

Edited by -----.__.G.O.D.__.-----

Him being a bullet sponge had nothing to do with difficulty. He was immune to status proc because my 80% Status boar prime couldn't inflict a single corrosive and burn on it was dumb. The attacks were easily dodged. My Oberon could easily outheal all of them all.

However, about 200 shotgun ammo down the drain (Ammo mutation helped), I still couldn't take down a single head. Only got a bunch of them down to half hp.

That had absolutely nothing to do with challenge. That's just being pointless and time consuming. If I wanted to clear it fast, all I had to do was arrange a team of 4 rhino stomping it to prevent it from moving with 4x projection.

Edited by Zeitzbach

Nerfed from 80 - 48

Were you in a group?

EDIT: also

My Boltor Prime against Level 60 Lephantis solo, with R9 Serration R8 Heavy Cal and Max Storm/Cryo/Infected/Malig/Thermite was hitting for 32 a pop.

What makes me very annoyed is when people think a larger bullet sponge and OHKs without heathgates makes bosses a challenge. Was Lephantis any harder at level 60 than he was 40? No. Did it take longer to kill him? Yes. Would he be any harder at level 120? No. Would it take longer to kill him? Yes.

There is a difference between actual challenge and spongy. This nerf made him less spongy, not less challenging, because the original "buff" didn't make it any more challenging, just more time consuming.

Edited by AbaliskInfinite

Why would people farm the mod after he got buff, while they can simply farmed it out when he was only lvl 1. They had like 4- 5 days to do that

Not everyone farmed it. I know some in my clan still asking to go farm it and didn't bother because it was stupid and that we knew it was a scaling bug.

Edited by Zeitzbach

As we all know Lephantis in 14.0.7 was Super hard and people pretty much die in 1 hit. 

But why do DE have to Nerf it in 14.0.8? Everyone seem to run ODA much more often than usual ever since its "Buff", Reason is pretty noticeable, it's Entertaining to fight something that is difficult to beat. The people who complained about being Blasted by Projectiles, simply have never tried dodging. When the boss is about to shoot its poison out, just dodge side to side.

How often do you see Tenno using the Shift - Shift Dodge function? "Think about it"

That's why they're getting blasted >.>

What I Think about 14.0.8 Bossing Nerf.

Pretty much eliminated what we expected a Humongous Boss is about.

What I'm confuse about.

Why is DE going with minority complain instead of the Majority's support?

ODA was fun while it lasted.

Post below support or Go against this topic.

They ran it because more people found out Lephantis drops Eleventh Storm for the low damage Sword and Shield.

Him being a bullet sponge had nothing to do with difficulty. He was immune to status proc because my 80% Status boar prime couldn't inflict a single corrosive and burn on it was dumb. The attacks were easily dodged. My Oberon could easily outheal all of them all.

However, about 200 passed by (Ammo mutation helped), I still couldn't take down a single head. Only got a bunch of them down to half hp.

That had absolutely nothing to do with challenge. That's just being pointless and time consuming. If I wanted to clear it fast, all I had to do was arrange a team of 4 rhino stomping it to prevent it from moving with 4x projection.

Read the patch "Lowered the Damage by lowering level" 200 bullet passed and not a single head down, which is why you should consider a good party with skill buffer to go in and kill him. Going in with a healer is not needed If like "you" said Easy to dodge. Should of went with a damage frame?

Spongy isn't fun. Nor a challenge. Just about how long you have to hold down M1 and how much DPS your gun outputs. Making the level that ridiculous made Lephantis not an option for even more players without high end gear.

My three star Boltor Prime, R9 Serration R8 Heavy Cal and Maxed Elemental mods did 32 damage a bolt.

Imagine the hell people with gear not that high end went though. Not everyone has a R10 Serration or Boltor P or DPS machine equivalent.

Read the patch "Lowered the Damage by lowering level" 200 bullet passed and not a single head down, which is why you should consider a good party with skill buffer to go in and kill him. Going in with a healer is not needed If like "you" said Easy to dodge. Should of went with a damage frame?

It was solo.

The damage frame? Boar prime does like 10x the power damage unless it's a mirage bug.

And I could of continued but then it wouldn't be a boss fight. It's just me, dodging the same thing and popping ammo gears so I can rinse and repeat the same trick for over 15 minutes.

The Corpus head deals no damage

The Grineer head never hit if you are too close.

The Infected Head is a hit and run.

No challenge.

Just pointless.

I'm not interested in the rest of the post because people always cry to have a challange and then, when things turn really serious, cry because they can't find the mod/BP/object they need because farming isn't possible. 

About the different difficulties, it's a good idea, but there's no need for all of these different levels.

There's only a need for a serious Nightmare mode. 5 mins, no shields, health vampire, have just no sense at all. 

Nightmare should be something like better AI for enemies, higher levels and so on BUT without malus for the player. The great part of Nightmare modes today are just useless and without sense. 

However, about the difficulty of Bosses. I'm not interested in have a challange when I need to farm them 40 times to get a @(*()$ mod or BP. I should be able to fight them with the normal difficulty. THEN, after that, if I'm bored and I want to do something different, I should be able to switch difficulty and fight a stronger Boss. 

But not, not and NOT again while I'm farming. I don't want to waste weeks just to gain a damned prize. 

I completly agree with the OP.

Although I didn't play this new lephantis yet, any nerf or lowering the level it's a step in the wrong direction.

I played several times against the 14.07 lephantis and was challenging but not that much. Only two clanmates died once during the fight the first tiem we faced the buffed lephantis, In the following battles no one died, not a single time.

The level was ok, the health and damage too, there was even room for a buff.

I really hate all the cries for a nerf, and DE doing so. A tough enemy should be tough, if you don't have endgame weapons, just skip the fight till a later time. Actually its kind of easy to get a boltor prime and add some formas and mods to it for both paying and non paying players. It's just a matter of time to being powerfull enough to beat it.

Alad V is another story as is a boss in mid levels.

You can rage against this post as much as you want but i feel that we need a couple of real challenges in this game.

Although I didn't play this new lephantis yet, any nerf or lowering the level it's a step in the wrong direction.

I played several times against the 14.07 lephantis and was challenging but not that much. Only two clanmates died once during the fight the first tiem we faced the buffed lephantis, In the following battles no one died, not a single time.

The level was ok, the health and damage too, there was even room for a buff.

I really hate all the cries for a nerf, and DE doing so. A tough enemy should be tough, if you don't have endgame weapons, just skip the fight till a later time. Actually its kind of easy to get a boltor prime and add some formas and mods to it for both paying and non paying players. It's just a matter of time to being powerfull enough to beat it.

Alad V is another story as is a boss in mid levels.

You can rage against this post as much as you want but i feel that we need a couple of real challenges in this game.

But it's a solo change where proper scaling did not occur. 

Having bosses scale as your conclave rating increases is a system, which basically PUNISHES players for improving their gear with level ups, high tier mods and even equipping their frame with a primary, secondary and a melee weapon.

Imagine having to kill a boss called X with a level 30 Lato. Bad damage, low fire rate, small clip. Just a bad weapon in general. You do manage to kill the boss after struggling for 20 minutes. After that you level up some more, grab twin vipers, level them up and go back to boss X to try out your new weapon which deals 10 times more damage and has 5 times higher fire rate than your old shabby Lato.

The first thought that pops into mind is that the boss has no chance, and this is as it SHOULD be. Unfortunately due to scaling the boss now has 10 times more health and 5 times more armor taking yet again 20 minutes to kill. Can you see what's wrong with this picture?

DE should add content appropriate to high-tier/maxed out players instead of just mindlessly scaling beginner content linearly harder depending on what the player is wearing.

Edited by Suprkeke

I stopped after that.  Don't complain about something until you've experienced the change.

I personally enjoyed soloing Lv.80 Lephantis. It actually gave a challenge. We need more challenging bosses for the veterins. 

Insta-gib was fine. I like a challenge. I do not, however, like having to spend 20 minutes killing the boss with a top-end Boltor Prime. I can't imagine what hell people with lower-damage weapons experienced.

Bosses scales off of Conclave. It will be difficult w/ new players, but they won't be going up against a lv.50+ Captain Vor.