Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Kubrow Wait Times

xShadowsaur

The newest addition to our companions are the widely beloved Kubrow, but unfortunately these little guys are hid behind so much waiting. Not that all waiting is necessarily a bad thing, but the waiting to get a Kubrow is extensive, and some of the wait times are just bizarre. The current things you have to wait for are for the Kubrow egg to hatch, the Kubrow to grow up, the Kubrow to recovery from stasis, and the Kubrow to get a genetic imprint made out of them.

The first wait one encounters with the Kubrow is waiting for the egg to hatch. While many complain about this, I would like to argue that it makes sense. Eggs don't hatch instantly (and especially not in two days), and this is a genetically modified creature. A two day wait time is not that bad, considering the Tenno is growing a living thing and that this wait time is actively recorded in the genetic foundry.

The next wait is for the Kubrow to mature from a cub to an adult. This wait time is not seen in game at all, anywhere. Unlike the previous wait time there is no timer and no indicator, and the reasoning behind this eludes me. According to the wiki ( http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Howl_of_the_Kubrow ) it takes anywhere from 24 to 48 hours for the Kubrow to mature, not that anyone would know that in game. This is an odd and confusing decision that somehow we know exactly when a Kubrow egg will hatch,but not how long it takes for a Kubrow to reach maturity. This may be in place in order to prevent rushing with platinum, but there was no need to even put the possibility of a platinum rush.

Creating genetic imprints of a Kubrow in order to allow your Kubrow's features to pass on takes time. For this one has to wait of 3 hours. This wait time makes sense, and can be rushed. I have nothing to complain here.

The final wait is Stasis recovery. When removing a Kubrow from stasis there is a requirement of 3 hours wait afterward to use the Kubrow. This wait is timed and able to be rushed. This wait, though, is where the waiting is intolerable in my opinion. I understand that after one comes out of stasis it takes time for them to recover, but 3 whole hours wait? One could tolerate a half hour wait, maybe even an hour, but a whole 3 hour wait is far too much. I know with the ability to pay platinum to rush it one could argue that the Tenno doesn't have to wait, but it is ridiculous. This discourages owning multiple Kubrow considering it takes 3 hours when cycling through Kubrows to take care of their daily needs. To take care of 3 Kubrow requires a 6 hour period of waiting between the first and the last Kubrow in order to pet them to restore loyalty and make sure their genetic stabilizers.

DE, please look over your decisions in regard to the Kubrow Stasis. It is unnecessary to make the wait so long. If I had to decide make the wait at most 30 minutes.

TL;DR
There is a lot of waiting for Kubrow, the stasis recovery wait is too long and should be reduced severely.

Edit: As a possible 3rd solution, DE could make a new way to put away the Kubrow for extended periods of time without having to put them in stasis. The upside is no time wasted switching between Kubrow. The downside is DNA integrity can be lost for them since they're not in stasis. Not sure what it would be named, but that's just another option.

Edited by xShadowsaur

I think they did it to give the Sentinels some validity, even now when everyone is craving a fury friend.

I actually think it makes no sense to be able to "rush hatching of an egg" (How would that go?), but I don't want to deny them a steady cash inflow from people that have more money than patience.

I actually don't mind that much about all the wait times. Just look how long it takes to get to Mirage.

It stretches out your goals! And for players who have just started playing, these are long term goals to be followed and kept up to pace with. Just because we already have everything under (and above) the moon, doesn't mean all waiting times, progression bars and so forth need to be balanced around the fact that we will be doing nothing but the new stuff that was added.

To take care of 3 Kubrow requires a 6 hour period of waiting between the first and the last Kubrow in order to pet them to restore loyalty and make sure their genetic stabilizers.

If they're in stasis you don't have to worry about their DNA integrity or their loyalty.

I think they did it to give the Sentinels some validity, even now when everyone is craving a fury friend.

I actually think it makes no sense to be able to "rush hatching of an egg" (How would that go?), but I don't want to deny them a steady cash inflow from people that have more money than patience.

I actually don't mind that much about all the wait times. Just look how long it takes to get to Mirage.

It stretches out your goals! And for players who have just started playing, these are long term goals to be followed and kept up to pace with. Just because we already have everything under (and above) the moon, doesn't mean all waiting times, progression bars and so forth need to be balanced around the fact that we will be doing nothing but the new stuff that was added.

My sentinels are still valid because they can die without me worrying, because they are ranged, because they can restore my shield, because they have useful abilities, and because they have many things the Kubrow doesn't have.

I don't mind building wait time. Wait time just to take them out of storage is stupid. Nothing else in this game functions like that. Also, if you want to start asking platinum questions how can you rush anything? No matter how much you throw money at something, some things just take time to be constructed. The Mirage is a warframe. Those are built. That takes time. That is an established concept. This stasis thing is extraneous. It would be like me waiting three hours to switch guns because they need to be polished and cleaned.

I am not complaining about the construction of anything. It makes sense as long as it is structured. My only issue with development is the lack of a clock to refer to. My only issue is with stasis taking 3 hours. That is too much. Cut that down to 10-30 minutes and I will not complain. But 3 hours? 180 minutes of waiting. That is crazy.

If they're in stasis you don't have to worry about their DNA integrity or their loyalty.

DNA integrity doesn't go down in stasis? Where is this established? I don't remember  seeing that anywhere.

Edited by xShadowsaur

Okay, for anyone who doesn't know by now, the time it takes for a kubrow to mature is 2 "reset cycles".  At my house that happens at 7:00 p.m.  If your kubrow goes from egg to puppy at 6:55 p.m., then you will have a little over a 24 hour wait time (in 5 minutes the first re-set occurs, then the second at 7:00 p.m. the next day)  If your kubrow reaches the puppy state at 7:02 p.m., it will be more like 48 hours, as you have to wait 24 hours for the first re-set to occur. 

No idea why they decided not to give a platinum cost to this, as platinum usually is used for speeding up wait timers when building pretty much anything else.

In my opinion, having more than one kubrow is pointless for the very reason that a 3 hour wait timer makes changing out kubrows far, far to inconvenient.  Unless you change them out, then log out to do something else (work, sleep, etc) and plan to only be back at a later time, the 3 hour wait simply discourages anyone from getting extras.

Okay, for anyone who doesn't know by now, the time it takes for a kubrow to mature is 2 "reset cycles".  At my house that happens at 7:00 p.m.  If your kubrow goes from egg to puppy at 6:55 p.m., then you will have a little over a 24 hour wait time (in 5 minutes the first re-set occurs, then the second at 7:00 p.m. the next day)  If your kubrow reaches the puppy state at 7:02 p.m., it will be more like 48 hours, as you have to wait 24 hours for the first re-set to occur. 

No idea why they decided not to give a platinum cost to this, as platinum usually is used for speeding up wait timers when building pretty much anything else.

In my opinion, having more than one kubrow is pointless for the very reason that a 3 hour wait timer makes changing out kubrows far, far to inconvenient.  Unless you change them out, then log out to do something else (work, sleep, etc) and plan to only be back at a later time, the 3 hour wait simply discourages anyone from getting extras.

1: Yes, that is what I've heard. Which I bizarre. This is the only wait time that isn't exact. It is weird and considering it can't be rushed it becomes infuriating.

2: Aside from my desire to get all the mastery points, I agree with you. It is honestly better to stick to one kubrow a day and switch out before logging off for the day. But that should not be necessary. It is ridiculous to wait 3 hours. One eighth of the day spend waiting for a kubrow to stop being groggy. While I am glad they abandoned the whole "you can only have one Kubrow at a time and if you want more you need to get rid of your old one" thing, this can be better. A wait time can be put in place, even and annoying one like half an hour, but half an hour is not too much as to get people angry. Some people will spend plat, fine. But ... seriously? 3 hours?

Agreed so hard about the last one. The maturity one is also a peev of mine for Warframe.

I can understand the principle behind it, though. Given the idea is that they're not supposed to be "just another piece of gear", the idea's to make you "bond" with it - it's easier to do that with a cute little ball of fuzz than an egg. It also puts a time wall on rapidly breeding mutts with the colors/patterns everyone wants.

Logically? Yeah, there's not a good reason, but I think I can understand where the developers were going with it.

DNA integrity doesn't go down in stasis? Where is this established? I don't remember  seeing that anywhere.

I can confirm integrity doesn't degrade in stasis, since I've got a few mutts myself (since some of them have been there for atleast couple days). They only degrade while they're active. Stasis basically freezes the mutt entirely; it doesn't degrade, but it doesn't mature either (I'm not sure if it resets maturity progress, but it definitely halts it).

Anyhoo, definitely agree with the sentiment that wait times on stasis recovery should be reduced/eliminated. Particularly since some breeds are tailored to specific mission types, which means you're SoL if you want to switch to one that's intended for a given mission type (e.g. Sunika and Capture). They already have the loyalty system to dissuade overuse.

Edited by Taranis49

I also don't like the stasis wait time it is a bit excessive. Maybe they should reduce it or if DE wants to keep it there at least allow the player to take them on missions but with some debuffs like less shields or less health or something like lower movement speed. This way players can play with their kubrows but will have to do it with caution because of these debuffs.   

Mine isn't hatched yet but my Clanmates confirmed this to me:

After hatching the eggs it takes two login-reward cycles (reset cycles) for the Kubrow to reach maturity.

Okay, if you want to look at it realistically, this is the reason for the 3-hour stasis wait, if you ask me.  it's to prevent people from by-passing the DNA mechanic.  If you could take your pets out with a short time limit, or no time limit at all, you could put them into stasis when you log off, then log in after the daily reward/reset time, and use them instantly without having to use the stabilizers.  I get why the did it.  It does, however, make having more than one Kubrow completely pointless.

I can confirm integrity doesn't degrade in stasis, since I've got a few mutts myself (since some of them have been there for atleast couple days). They only degrade while they're active. Stasis basically freezes the mutt entirely; it doesn't degrade, but it doesn't mature either (I'm not sure if it resets maturity progress, but it definitely halts it).

Anyhoo, definitely agree with the sentiment that wait times on stasis recovery should be reduced/eliminated. Particularly since some breeds are tailored to specific mission types, which means you're SoL if you want to switch to one that's intended for a given mission type (e.g. Sunika and Capture). They already have the loyalty system to dissuade overuse.

The issue with that is that my Kubrows DNA integrity doesn't go down regularly, if at all. It is bizarre, and I'm assuming it's a bug, but again there is nowhere in the game to explain it and I couldn't really be bothered to research it.

Okay, if you want to look at it realistically, this is the reason for the 3-hour stasis wait, if you ask me.  it's to prevent people from by-passing the DNA mechanic.  If you could take your pets out with a short time limit, or no time limit at all, you could put them into stasis when you log off, then log in after the daily reward/reset time, and use them instantly without having to use the stabilizers.  I get why the did it.  It does, however, make having more than one Kubrow completely pointless.

Ah, I didn't think about it like that. Though that can be altered. "While in stasis the kubrow receives dna integrity loss at half/third/quarter the normal speed". Okay, yeah, that can be exploited but I doubt there'd be nearly as many complaints about the stupidity of waiting 3 hours for my Kubrow to wake up. Or, I have a better idea. Make a way to put my kubrow away without having to put it into stasis! In a kennel or something but it requires my kubrow to be switched out. The kubrow isn't in stasis and suffers from DNA integrity loss still, in exchange for no time in switching

• 5 weeks later...

3 hours is too long regardless, most gamers only play that long in a single day so for them a kubrow is locked behind a wait wall. De you have to think about your fans that work, how many of you yourselves will have 3 hours to wait?

Pretty sure you aren't supposed to wait the 3 hours while you play, just as you aren't supposed to stand around for twelve hours waiting for something to finish building. The smart thing is to switch kubrow before you get off.

The stasis wait time is completely ridiculous. If your some teenager living in your moms basement then yeah you probably have all the time in the world. Outside of that, people who actually have lives and play when they can are penalized for actually wanting to play the game with equipment they earned. If i only have an 1hr to play at a given moment and decide, hey i want to use my sunika kubrow sitting in stasis since i was busy at work and couldnt play for a couple of days. Why should I have to pay to get access to something that already belongs to me. The Devs act like they're in a bubble and that this type of thing is okay.

The stasis wait time is completely ridiculous. If your some teenager living in your moms basement then yeah you probably have all the time in the world. Outside of that, people who actually have lives and play when they can are penalized for actually wanting to play the game with equipment they earned. If i only have an 1hr to play at a given moment and decide, hey i want to use my sunika kubrow sitting in stasis since i was busy at work and couldnt play for a couple of days. Why should I have to pay to get access to something that already belongs to me. The Devs act like they're in a bubble and that this type of thing is okay.

Please stop generalizing. I have a life and I can play with what I have. You just need to learn to time things better.

• 1 month later...

all i ask for

is the chance to select my kubrow whenever i want. Just like sentinels. I mean: 4 different types of kubrows? I wanna get nekros and take sahasa on pluto after that i wanna take rhino and get my offensive kubrow on. I would love to see this implemented in the future

Edited by P0isoNblacK

I agree with OP. What the hell DE? Please tell me how long I have to wait for my Kubrow to mature, I don't want to have to guess or look it up... 

Also the wait time to get a Kubrow from an egg to an adult is waaaaaaaaay too long. 48 hours just for the Egg hatching and then 24-48 hours? No, that's ridiculous!

How about tennos finding the eggs on kubrow nests that are about to hatch which takes like 12 hrs or 6.

In movies most creatures that come out of stasis just vomits for a bit asks where am I or who are u then good 2 go. I dont see why kubrows should be different.

• 2 months later...

The rushing of the egg should just be completing the kubrow in my opinion, atm if you rush with the 15 platinum, you still can't use your kubrow for another 2 days anyways. "Then why did i spend platinum to rush this in the first place...." If you spend platinum to rush a process, the process should be rushed. Not part of it. I don't know, I just think thats kinda dumb I guess.

Edited by Mdp1994