Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dna Stabilizer Kit Being Too Much Credits

Fischer_Price

That is just a very bad response.

Kubrows are for everyone, not just for "experienced" players. The credit cost is too much for new players when Mercury missions have awful mission reward payouts.

The kits really do need a serious drop in price. This way new players can get a Kubrow long before they decide whether or not to get a Sentinel which requires certain MR. And they can also get the Kubrow stuff out the way and focus on saving up credits and resources for new weapons and frames.

Drop your elitist attitude and help with the new player experience, you haven't been around long enough to see the many changes Warframe has gone through and how brutal it has been for new players.

This is what I don't get: people complain about the goddamn DNA Stabilizers, when you need 150k credits and Argon to craft the power thing to even hatch your Kubrow. Maxing the mods also take SEVERAL MILLIONS of credits.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to do some missions with my very own Kubrow because I spent my time on grinding instead of complaining at the forums.

Edited by PeanutMonster

This is what I don't get: people complain about the goddamn DNA Stabilizers, when you need 150k credits and Argon to craft the power thing to even hatch your Kubrow. Maxing the mods also take SEVERAL MILLIONS of credits.

all of those are one time, at your leisure expenses. They are like buying an iPad, its costly but its something to save up for, then find something else you want because aside from power, your iPad needs no more expenditure to be perfectly functional. similarly I blew 50k on a weapon blueprint prob as much building the weapon... but its there now, and will be till I tire of it and trade it out. I dont need to spend credits on the ammo it uses.

DNA stabilizers, are like taking out a mortgage. You have to pay on time, and you have to keep paying, or the game punishes you. Not only is this not really explained up front, but nor is the exact extent of the punishment. Theres at least one thread that says git 0% DNA stability and your fluffy pet is dead for good. So many of us who saw 150k as a large but manageable expense, baulk and baulk rightly, at having just 6 days to attain 100k, and having to do so and keep doing so as an ongoing concern.

It turns Kurbros from pets into bosses and Warframe from a game, into a job.

Once again, the game did a stupendously bad job of communicating its workings, and sorry but 'Wiki it' isn't an answer, the game needs to be complete within itself and region chat is next to useless.

We simply should nt be at the point of not knowing what happens when DNA stability hits 0, just like when we have the option to start the quest we should do so from a position of the game telling us what we are getting in for. I mean they dont let you walk off the lot with a real puppy unless you know how much it will cost to feed and care for.

Edit: Nor is it mandatory to max all the mods immediately so that several million is rather moot to this. Not like you'll fit any maxed mods on  new one any way is it? 

Edited by DeccanTraps

100k credits is 4 runs of Sechura, which equals 20 minutes of work. You can even ask a taxi there if you don't have it unlocked. You can also sell junk from your inventory, like warframe component BPs from bosses.

False or will be false, DE has stated taxi's will no longer be available, you have to unlock nodes on your own. And Stop being an @$$.

100k is a bit, I agree it should be 50k, which I'm hoping it changes to like how they decreased specter costs to be more useable by everyone.

Remember U14 is still goin through a Ton of changes, but I am hoping Kubrow get rebooked at so it's more like sentinels and available to everyone.

It takes 20 minutes to get 100k credits, and the 6 DNA stabilizers will last for days. Keep your Kubrow alive and you don't need to use them.

it does not take EVERYBODY 20 minutes. in fact if you count 5 5 minute waves of sechura with no credit booster running, it's still about 35-40 minutes including loading times and possible wait times for groups to form. that's 40 minutes you could be doing something more interesting than grinding the credit node just so you can prevent your secondary companion from dieing of bullS#&$.

it does not take EVERYBODY 20 minutes. in fact if you count 5 5 minute waves of sechura with no credit booster running, it's still about 35-40 minutes including loading times and possible wait times for groups to form. that's 40 minutes you could be doing something more interesting than grinding the credit node just so you can prevent your secondary companion from dieing of bullS#&$.

unless he's posting as an alt he has 4 days in this game..so don't take it to heart, he's just being an arrogant &#! without anything but semantics he's read to back up his arguments.

Oh there are people who are - rightfully - complaining about more than just the maintenance cost of Kubrows: They're also complaining about the cost and effort with regard to acquiring them and boosting their stats and usefullness as well.

Now last I checked this thread was only about the cost involved in maintaining them...no? So only complaining about the kits specifically here is quite legit.

And to all you vet players with your simplistic hand-wave excuses about how Kubrows are for experienced players only and that 100k credits is "easy" to grind? Drop the elitist attitude: It makes you look like a bunch of arrogant, pompous tools.

Oh and complaining on these forums...is what helps get glaring problems and issues fixed. Just an FYI.

Edited by MirageKnight

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to do some missions with my very own Kubrow because I spent my time on grinding instead of complaining at the forums.

150k vs 100k+100k+100k+100k+100k+100k.........+100k

Thats the difference.

sorry for my english

new players can't go to sechura because they dont have the way to the planet

if they take a "taxi", the level of the mission is too hard for a rank 3/4 if they play alone

i think 100.000 credits going well for the blueprint of 6 kit and buy it 1 time (like the chiper kit),then build it in the foundry for resources like the antitoxin,obtainable on earth.

Edited by HutchTheDutch

Waves in Sechura with PUG group take less than a minute. It's 5 minutes of work per mission including the time spent in lobby.

150k vs 100k+100k+100k+100k+100k+100k.........+100k

Thats the difference.

How does one not make 100k in 2 weeks? And Stasis, USE IT!

False or will be false, DE has stated taxi's will no longer be available, you have to unlock nodes on your own. And Stop being an @$$.

100k is a bit, I agree it should be 50k, which I'm hoping it changes to like how they decreased specter costs to be more useable by everyone.

Remember U14 is still goin through a Ton of changes, but I am hoping Kubrow get rebooked at so it's more like sentinels and available to everyone.

You can still taxi, but the node won't be unlocked, meaning that you will need a friend every run. I tested this myself.

all of those are one time, at your leisure expenses. They are like buying an iPad, its costly but its something to save up for, then find something else you want because aside from power, your iPad needs no more expenditure to be perfectly functional. similarly I blew 50k on a weapon blueprint prob as much building the weapon... but its there now, and will be till I tire of it and trade it out. I dont need to spend credits on the ammo it uses.

DNA stabilizers, are like taking out a mortgage. You have to pay on time, and you have to keep paying, or the game punishes you. Not only is this not really explained up front, but nor is the exact extent of the punishment. Theres at least one thread that says git 0% DNA stability and your fluffy pet is dead for good. So many of us who saw 150k as a large but manageable expense, baulk and baulk rightly, at having just 6 days to attain 100k, and having to do so and keep doing so as an ongoing concern.

It turns Kurbros from pets into bosses and Warframe from a game, into a job.

Once again, the game did a stupendously bad job of communicating its workings, and sorry but 'Wiki it' isn't an answer, the game needs to be complete within itself and region chat is next to useless.

We simply should nt be at the point of not knowing what happens when DNA stability hits 0, just like when we have the option to start the quest we should do so from a position of the game telling us what we are getting in for. I mean they dont let you walk off the lot with a real puppy unless you know how much it will cost to feed and care for.

Edit: Nor is it mandatory to max all the mods immediately so that several million is rather moot to this. Not like you'll fit any maxed mods on  new one any way is it? 

Let's assume maxing the mods take 5 million credits. For stabilizers, you need to pay 100k every two weeks, and if you use stasis, it's 2,5 - 3 weeks per stabilizer. With 5 million credits, you can obviously have 50 DNA stabilizer sets, which will last for 100 weeks. That is almost TWO YEARS! I'm pretty damn sure that after two years nobody is using Kubrows because we have already got 10 different cheaper pets. That means that maxing the mods will be more expensive.

In only a one year with my main account, I have managed to get 50 million gross income in credits, playing only about 2 hours a day average. I can give you one tip how to farm credits: play the damn game instead of complaining about your laziness on the forums.

Warframe is a game which involves a lot of grinding. If you don't like grinding, quit, NOBODY is forcing you to play. You should be happy that getting top-tier stuff in this game doesn't take months or years like in any other free-to-play game. And let's face it, earning your stuff feel much better than getting it for free.

Edited by PeanutMonster

So Peanut's response is PUG a group you can't actually accomplish anything in, playing a mission type you may not even like, to pay for a pet you need to leave in stasis and thus can't even use, while expending your credits on a temporary thing instead of getting something of lasting value.

Wow.  I'm not even going to analyze that, the logic is so off.

And I thought you were going to go grind instead of responding to the forums?

How does one not make 100k in 2 weeks? And Stasis, USE IT!

100k spend on stabilizer kit is 100k less spent on other stuff, for veteran it might not be a problem for new players it is.

Whats the point of having a dog if you constantly need to freeze him, even if you exploit(which you shouldnt do) you still need to freeze him.

I could understand if you had to buy it once then use it every few days to simulate taking care of your dog, but only thing it does now is discouraging veterans from using kubrows, because sentinels are simply better having higher dps, dying less often due to being ranged and not melee and requiring 0 upkeep, upkeep cost also angers new players who wanted to have kubrow but are now required to stop all progression just to farm money for keeping their dog alive without freezing it. What good did it do for game?? slightly increased immersion but that experience was also guted by all problems it caused.

Edited by Davoodoo

100k spend on stabilizer kit is 100k less spent on other stuff, for veteran it might not be a problem for new players it is.

Whats the point of having a dog if you constantly need to freeze him, even if you exploit(which you shouldnt do) you still need to freeze him.

I could understand if you had to buy it once then use it every few days to simulate taking care of your dog, but only thing it does now is discouraging veterans from using kubrows, because sentinels are simply better having higher dps, dying less often due to being ranged and not melee and requiring 0 upkeep, upkeep cost also angers new players who wanted to have kubrow but are now required to stop all progression just to farm money for keeping their dog alive without freezing it. What good did it do for game?? slightly increased immersion but that experience was also guted by all problems it caused.

The intent could be to have a deflationary impact on the in game economy. But it's a bad option for that too because a person can simply abstain from Kurbros to avoid that effect, and its scale and targeting are highly regressive. 

Established players wont miss 100k, new players cannot afford it so, the people you want to feel deflation wont and the people you don't will. 

Upon reading this entire thread, I have my own suggestion, though Renegade343's suggestion certainly is a great one.

My suggestion is replace the direct buying method in the market with a recipe. The recipes price can still be expensive, it could still be 100k, but it would be reusable and generally low cost to make. This means the upkeep is still there, but is much more manageable for everyone and removes the stress of having this brutal upkeep. If the recipe itself was to cost 100k, but to craft them only costed 10k and some basic materials, the upkeep cost would drop significantly, making them more accessible to players. So instead of 150K + 100K + 100k... it would be 150K + 100K +10k + 10k... The crafting cost could be higher than 10k but the point stands.

Edited by 97raven123

Make an experiment, create recipe costing 5mil or some other ridiculous amount which will automaticaly keep your kubrow at 100% for free.

I wonder how many ppl will buy it, if lot just keep it, if not remove it and refund or just let these ppl to keep it or remove upkeep cause ppl are willing to pay stupid amounts just to stop paying weekly.

Edited by Davoodoo

Upon reading this entire thread, I have my own suggestion, though Renegade343's suggestion certainly is a great one.

My suggestion is replace the direct buying method in the market with a recipe. The recipes price can still be expensive, it could still be 100k, but it would be reusable and generally low cost to make. This means the upkeep is still there, but is much more manageable for everyone and removes the stress of having this brutal upkeep. If the recipe itself was to cost 100k, but to craft them only costed 10k and some basic materials, the upkeep cost would drop significantly, making them more accessible to players. So instead of 150K + 100K + 100k... it would be 150K + 100K +10k + 10k... The crafting cost could be higher than 10k but the point stands.

This is perfectly reasonable.

Considering how OP Kubrows are when modded to the teeth, and as an experienced player, I'm ok with the cost of DNA Stabilizers. I believe kubrows were intended for more veteran players with a comfortable credit stash. It's been stated earlier, but 6 stabilizers will last you 12 days if you never put your kubrow in stasis. The price rounds out to 16,667 credits per stabilizer, or 8,334 credits per day. That's not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be.

That being said, newer players to Warframe might have trouble/might not want to pump out ~9k credits per day, along with the fact that newer players tend to need to scrape together credits to build weapons in the foundry. Maybe implementing an option to buy a single stabilizer for 20k credits would help, just so people don't immediately jump to the "NUOH MAH GAAAHHD 100k DE Y U DO DIS?! D:::::" reaction.

It's also been stated earlier, but a blueprint for Stabilizers with moderate resource requirements is pretty much necessary at this point.

Both direct buy and build in foundry options should exist, the direct buy coming into play if your kubrow is about to die, daily reset is in 20 minutes, and you have stabilizers building in foundry ready in 3 hours.

Also, maybe put the quest start farther along progression-wise, like maybe Saturn or Mars, that way new players will have a more solid foundation before it becomes necessary to throw credits at their cute little murderous platypus-dog.

Warframe is a game which involves a lot of grinding. If you don't like grinding, quit, NOBODY is forcing you to play. You should be happy that getting top-tier stuff in this game doesn't take months or years like in any other free-to-play game. And let's face it, earning your stuff feel much better than getting it for free.

Which DE time and time again, update after update, keeps adding on more and more walls of grinding when they said before U.9 that they were looking into reducing the already heavy amount of grinding we had to do back then, now that grind has increase x20.

Think of each wall of grind they add like the walls in Attack On Titan. The 3rd inside Wall ( Sina ), is the smallest of the 3 walls, consider Wall Sina when Warframe was still in CB. It had the average amounts of grinding to get resources and credits for crafting and such. Fast travel all the way to Update 9 and at that point, we are in Wall Rose, a medium sized wall of grinding can be found here U.7-U.9. Now we hit Wall Maria, the outter most wall and the largest of the 3 walls in AoT. Wall Maria represents U.10+. Now we have so much grinding we have to do that Warframe is no longer a game to enjoy, it's just a farming simulator. DE has done nothing to try an break down these massive walls of grinding that they ultimately keep shoving into the game.

Kubrows is just the start of an even larger 4th Wall of Grinding.

Which DE time and time again, update after update, keeps adding on more and more walls of grinding when they said before U.9 that they were looking into reducing the already heavy amount of grinding we had to do back then, now that grind has increase x20.

In my opinion the amount of grinding has not increased. You have just became more lazy.

Tell you what, make a brand new account. 

Do not use void ( I was weeks into the game before I knew what those were)

Do not get help from clan mates ( Because new people wont have those)

Do not spend plat ( Because testing version of you isn't sure of the game so hasn't decided to spend yet) 

Start the Kurbro quest as soon as its offered. 

See how long it takes to get the break even 100k.

I just formad a frame for first time I have a great clan, and its a struggle to get that kind of scratch in short order. 

I had 100k before I even hit MR2, on my own. The only time I fell below that was when I gambled it away.