The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dread Bow, Worst Bow?

Glasglow

I'm kind of dissapointed to find out that the dread stalker drop bow is the worst of them all, why is the hardest to get bow, the worst one? ._.

It has slash damage, judging from this table: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Slash is the worst possible damage type, half the enemies have resistance against it and it only gives minor bonus to flesh enemies, while Puncture damage is the best type.

There is a bow for each faction:

Dread=Infested

Cernos=Corpus

Paris (Paris Prime)=Grineer

Also, slash directly damages health. The Dread's insane amount of slash damage and critical chance is worthy of bringing it to any battle. It's arrows travel much faster than the Paris (Paris Prime) or Cernos, and can achieve 100%+ critical chance, allowing for red criticals.

Edited by APBladeX

It makes up for the slash damage by having very high crit chance; 50% base - a maxed Point Strike puts your crit to 125%. Add Critical Delay and it could probably go even higher, although I do not have that mod myself.

lol what?

Your joking. its arguable the best bow.

Resistances mean little when you're landing absurdly high damage crits.

Also most things only have a 25% resistance to slash if any at all, which matters little if you add a relevant elemental dmg type or are doing decent damage.

Also dem slash procs.

The wikis ok for a general idea but i suggest using a weapon and modding it effectively before you dicide how good or bad it is.

Stats only tell half the story

Dread is the best bow in the game by FAR. It has innate punch through and you can shoot through cover and doors.

This, and the fact that you can still one shot level 9999 ancients as was evident in the latest event, if you got to that point.

Edited by Sedant

The Dread is an insanely powerful bow. Even in high level void missions, where most enemies have higher slash resist, it still decimates, and is particularly good at killing corrupted ancients. It is, by nature best against infested, but its crit build is second only to Paris Prime, and even that is debated.