Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage - Hall Of Mirrors Is Too Powerful

NikolaiLev

EDIT: With the wiki being outdated, it seems the clones do in fact deal unmodded damage.  Therefore, this thread can (thankfully) be ignored.

It's worth mentioning that dealing unmodded damage is a substantially worse way to handle the ability than simple them dealing 5% player damage.  But I suppose it could be worse.

Edited by NikolaiLev

Combined with Eclipse, Mirage has far too much damage amplification in her kit.  Instead of actually a "trickster" as intended, she's far more of a glass cannon, with plenty of survivability to take out the "glass" and leave the "cannon."  While balance issues run amok in Warframe, this one is pretty egregious.

With 4 clones at 30% of player damage each, Mirage's firearms receive a whopping 120% extra damage.  This is even increased with power strength, leaving her damage in numbers that make Rhino or Banshee (given lack of need to hit weakpoints, plus cheaper energy cost) cry.

There are plenty of solutions to this.  Just plain toning back the numbers works.  But it can get more interesting than that.  Another solution would be to decrease Mirage's ranged damage during the ability to 30%.  She still gets bonus damage, but it's no longer ridiculous, and clones that are obstructed and thus not hitting will detract from her ammo efficiency, requiring careful use of the ability.

Another alternative is to make her clones consume ammo as well, making this a fire rate multiplier.  This is still potnetially problematic, but at least gives it a drawback.

With melee combat, the ability is fine since it's difficult to hit the same enemy with one's melee weapon.

How about a big fat NO!

And just to ensure you got my message? NO

what?

seriously they already nerfed it hard by reducing the effect done by her attacks, now instead of all clones firing projectiles at once, you only see/ you only do damage from yourself (angstrum specifically), unless you clicking rapidly. still the damage compared to before was waaaaaaaaaaaaay off. Before : 10k, Now: 1k

what?

seriously they already nerfed it hard by reducing the effect done by her attacks, now instead of all clones firing projectiles at once, you only see/ you only do damage from yourself (angstrum specifically), unless you clicking rapidly. still the damage compared to before was waaaaaaaaaaaaay off. Before : 10k, Now: 1k

I havent even used her yet, that nerf is hard

I was happy to see her potential but then comes 14.0.7 and 14.0.8 which...just bad bad for her. fyi, my angstrum has 9k corrosive, 3k blast, that is waaay past 1k that I've done against infested. even without ancient healer, I don't do enough dmg to anything anymore

Edited by cyril1204

They've already nerfed it significantly, as they removed the effects from weapon mods. Leave as is, nothing more, nothing less.

I'd like to see the source on it, because as far as current testing and wiki information goes it is a flat damage multiplier.

But if the clones deal unmodded damage?  Sure, that's fine.

Still too op for a 25 cost skill other classes do 300-1000 damage if used with power mod with their 1-st skill.

Would be useful even just as a distraction without damage, bosses hitting the clones and they don't have hp like lokis decoy and move anywhere you want them to.