The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.7.3: Level Expansions And New Weapons!

[DE]Rebecca

So not to sound ungrateful (You guys are GREAT for working through what seems to be a whole plethora of problems)-but is the elemental damage for Bolto, Akbolto, and Paris going to be fixed? The elemental mods do not seem to work (both in damage and in appearance) with bolt type weapons (in multiplayer at least)

Ive been dying looking to see if there is a fix for these other than:

A) HAVING to be the host for a game or,

B) Playing Solo...

Either way, Ive just gotta say I am impressed with how you guys pull through all of these issues that seem to arise.

-Time to start playing hehe.

I've seen three different people in this thread alone comment about this issue. Why isn't it being addressed?

Edited by scionreaver

Which is something we are fixing. I don't think the Twitter integration is useless even as such - it just has too much filler right now. Maybe its because I wrote the code for it but... it saves several awkward steps, no?

Appreciate that, Steve. However, even though if fixing it means more credits ... credits are always farmable, but "?" alerts might contain rewards not otherwise obtainable in the game. This is why I subscribed to the Alert forum, and is also the reason why, at least for me, the Twitter integration has no real value. Worse, it didn't bring back the functionality of the Alert forum. Functionality which is now lost. Again, for the moment, as we'll have to see how things flesh out. I'm sure many people will be happy the way it is now.

Augh. Now I have to play fifty more hours. THANKS A LOT.

Yeah, way to get in the way of my life, Devs! :D

Man, I've never seen a Dev team that could put out new content and updates so insanely fast. What's in your coffee?!

Please release a manual patch. The launcher keeps telling me

"Update Failed!

Downloaded data was corrupted.

The Update will be restarted shortly..."

And no matter how many times I restart it, it never works.

I've verified my game cache on steam, cleared the download cache with the launcher and re-downloaded that, then completely re-downloaded the game and nothing worked.

Appreciate that, Steve. However, even though if fixing it means more credits ... credits are always farmable, but "?" alerts might contain rewards not otherwise obtainable in the game. This is why I subscribed to the Alert forum, and is also the reason why, at least for me, the Twitter integration has no real value. Worse, it didn't bring back the functionality of the Alert forum. Functionality which is now lost. Again, for the moment, as we'll have to see how things flesh out. I'm sure many people will be happy the way it is now.

Maybe I'm too tired to understand or I didn't explain what the Twitter integration does.

Forum was:

-Someone notices alert in game and posts

-Forum email goes out to people who subscribed to notify

-Someone quickly speed runs the '?' alert

-Rushes back to forum, updates thread, more emails go out

Twitter is:

-Posts when Alert goes out, *including* what the special reward is if there is one, no '?', no waiting, no messing about.

Example from it right now: Cosis: Deactivate Turrets - 30m - 1300cr - Sniper Scavenger (Artifact)

https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts

Please release a manual patch. The launcher keeps telling me

"Update Failed!

Downloaded data was corrupted.

The Update will be restarted shortly..."

And no matter how many times I restart it, it never works.

I've verified my game cache on steam, cleared the download cache with the launcher and re-downloaded that, then completely re-downloaded the game and nothing worked.

This^

Been trying to download for 3 hours now.  I even went to steam and verify file integrity.  Steam download a 1g patch.  And afterwards Update still fails.

Every patch I had seen this issue, but it usually updates within a few tries.  It never has been this bad.

You could make it like this for the credits reward.

A base amount that you'll always be guaranteed to receive and then an upper limit "bonus" that can only be achieved though attacking, killing, hacking, anything that contributes to the mission.

So for example, 600 is the base and another 600 based on mission performance.

This^

Been trying to download for 3 hours now.  I even went to steam and verify file integrity.  Steam download a 1g patch.  And afterwards Update still fails.

Every patch I had seen this issue, but it usually updates within a few tries.  It never has been this bad.

Scratch that.  It finally worked.  Don't know what the magic trick is.

Maybe I'm too tired to understand or I didn't explain what the Twitter integration does.

Forum was:

-Someone notices alert in game and posts

-Forum email goes out to people who subscribed to notify

-Someone quickly speed runs the '?' alert

-Rushes back to forum, updates thread, more emails go out

Twitter is:

-Posts when Alert goes out, *including* what the special reward is if there is one, no '?', no waiting, no messing about.

Example from it right now: Cosis: Deactivate Turrets - 30m - 1300cr - Sniper Scavenger (Artifact)

https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts

I can't speak for anyone else, but with the old system sending out emails my phone (android) has push email with notifications so I would see it pop up and choose to ignore it or check it out no problem. I'd imagine if you have a twitter account that there's a way to setup something similarly, but when you don't you're kind of stuck.

Also for android at least the best I've been able to come up with is setting a widget on a 30m refresh timer to hopefully capture it, but even then the notifications are gone. What small amount of looking I did there isn't a good push reader (for android at least) and so that's where my disappointment lies. Again I imagine if someone has twitter/facebook that this same functionality can be restored, but the key advantage of the old system was that having an account with a social networking site wasn't required.

(as for the alerts themselves, I don't really care whether or not it shows all, because it does show the rewards and given that credits are in demand these days seeing all alerts can be a good thing imo).

Edited by plznohurtme

Changing the banshee bps to uncommon - does this really make them easier to obtain?  once you hit wave 15 of a defense mission it switches to "rares only" doesn't it?  When they were rare I knew any wave 15 or later could have it.  Now to my knowledge I have a small chance of getting it on wave 5 and a better chance at wave 10.

EDIT: love the update btw.  One of the new tilesets has some severe problems with enemies getting stuck in really odd places, combined with the lack natural enemy radar functioning properly (the enemy is over here! -> just kidding its accross the map because you changed your elevation and can now tell this)

Took me 30 minutes to get to wave 10 of a mission because we couldn't find the enemies.  They were never behind doors - but they would be like hiding in the ceiling above a staircase or at the top of a tower that was only traversable by chaining wall jumps up an elevator shaft

Edited by TraumaHunter

I can't speak for anyone else, but with the old system sending out emails my phone (android) has push email with notifications so I would see it pop up and choose to ignore it or check it out no problem. I'd imagine if you have a twitter account that there's a way to setup something similarly, but when you don't you're kind of stuck. Also for android at least the best I've been able to come up with is setting a widget on a 30m refresh timer to hopefully capture it, but even then the notifications are gone. What small amount of looking I did there isn't a good push reader (for android at least) and so that's where my disappointment lies. Again I imagine if someone has twitter/facebook that this same functionality can be restored, but the key advantage of the old system was that having an account with a social networking site wasn't required. (as for the alerts themselves, I don't really care whether or not it shows all, because it does show the rewards and given that credits are in demand these days seeing all alerts can be a good thing imo).

Fair point - the email notification from forums is going to be restored when the panic dies down. We are also exploring other forms of push notification :)

You don't have a twitter account? Set one up it takes 2 minutes. I hear tell two or three people actually like it.

This is not a response to someone who doesn't want to give their personal information to a site that sells it behind closed doors to the highest bidder.

I have a twitter and facebook - but I COMPLETELY understand and respect the response that someone doesn't want to sign up for a social networking site.

You don't have a twitter account? Set one up it takes 2 minutes. I hear tell two or three people actually like it.

Why should I have to when I don't want to? I haven't had a social networking account of any sort at any time because I choose not to.  I'm certainly not going to get one now just because a game developer decided that was the easiest method of doing something.  I can make due with the current system, and the fact that they show it out of game alone is pretty cool, but it's simply the truth of the chosen method.  Users do not have any choice at all to get back the same functionality that already existed.

This might be a stupid question, but,

If Saryn's moult ability now lasts forever, what does ranking it up now actually do? I can't tell the difference between my rank 0 and rank 2.

Lasts until it's destroyed. Ranking it up gives it more life which means it should take more damage before being destroyed.