Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Just Have To Know ( Gleaming Talon Drop)

(PSN)andyb_b5

if any of the DE staff have had a gleaming talon drop from a leech osprey!

I am going to have to admit defeat for now, soooooo many leech ospreys destroyed but so little gained and my glaive prime looks so sad still.

What I have noticed is that the LO really don't like dropping any mods, over a number of days I've gotten less than half a dozen mods from them in total, non rare of course.

It does make me wonder how the drop table is structured,  are all the mods just listed or is there an entry reading mod  and then it goes to a second table for the distribution. Given how even the common mods appear so uncommon I'm wondering if its the latter and the overall mod chance is just too low, at least to me.

But the original question stands, I'd love to know if any of the staff have managed this!

if any of the DE staff have had a gleaming talon drop from a leech osprey!

I am going to have to admit defeat for now, soooooo many leech ospreys destroyed but so little gained and my glaive prime looks so sad still.

What I have noticed is that the LO really don't like dropping any mods, over a number of days I've gotten less than half a dozen mods from them in total, non rare of course.

It does make me wonder how the drop table is structured,  are all the mods just listed or is there an entry reading mod  and then it goes to a second table for the distribution. Given how even the common mods appear so uncommon I'm wondering if its the latter and the overall mod chance is just too low, at least to me.

But the original question stands, I'd love to know if any of the staff have managed this!

I would also have to admit defeat for the time being on this mod, I have killed thousands upon thousands, of leech ospreys. I been getting split chamber regular, but no gleaming talon :(  only a handful of mods from having them all!

Grinding for this stance has to be harder than any other due to the instant destruction of the ospreys' remains; ergo, Nekros' inability to desecrate them. At least with things like Crimson Dervish you can have more than one roll of the dice on each foe.

I transmuted for mine. But never got one as a drop either.

I'm curious, are its combos actually of any use? I never use handheld attacks on glaive-type weapons. Is it just the extra 10 mod capacity people seek it for, or do the combos involve throwing too?

Edited by Dualice

OP,...Dont give up u will get it one day.

@Dualice. it is thrown in one of the combos, (just tab, and hold melee button) but what is amazing about it, is that u can actually detonate the Glaive in mid air,... :)

And, the other combo, has large aoe attatcks, ripping anything infront of you, in an arc of 180¤

Ps. i got mine from an LO, and not through transmuting,.

Edited by D3ST

I'm curious, are its combos actually of any use? I never use handheld attacks on glaive-type weapons. Is it just the extra 10 mod capacity people seek it for, or do the combos involve throwing too?

Honestly I use stances as a way to avoid having to forma my melee weapons. You are able to throw the glaive without the stance. You have to press melee button once then hold melee button. The combos are just for show to me.

The Melee combo is quite useful as it explodes everytime you throw it at the end and very easy to execute. Silver reach is also quite awesome and flashy. As a straight up melee weapon with handheld attacks it is rather slow and not that awesome. I use it as a throwing glaive with Whirlwind, Power throw and Quick Return along with Corrosive and Heat damage and it is a exploding rocket of awesomeness and very fun to use. You can easily one hit heavy gunners and ancients or mow down enemies both when thrown and on the return trip.

I also had to give up farming this and was lucky enough to get it on my first try of transmutation. You can also check out this Gleaming Talon review for a quick look at the combos:

The combo looks snazzy but is practically useless.

+10 mod points and the cool factor is what makes this mod worth keeping for me.

I actually got one of these to drop a few days after Melee 2.0 and the Stances arrived. Unfortunately, my cell failed the mission. You can probably imagine my frustration at that point.

Anyway, yeah, it can drop, it's just very, unbelievably rare.

Grinding for this stance has to be harder than any other due to the instant destruction of the ospreys' remains; ergo, Nekros' inability to desecrate them. At least with things like Crimson Dervish you can have more than one roll of the dice on each foe.

Yes surely its rarity have nothing to do with only 10 ospreys spawning for every 500 of other enemies and still having same drop chance for rare mods.