Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Making Event Mods Worthless

(PSN)I_BajanCanadian

First off let me say this re-releasing event mods is complete BS in my opinion, maybe not from someone who i don't know DIDN'T do the event. Before the cicero mods were re-released people were offering to buy them for 750p, sometimes even up to 1000p, then when news broke they were coming, im ps4 so we knew when update for pc came out, the price dropped to around 100~150p. Now since we got the update you cant find any1 that wants them. The price dropped from 750p to next to nothing within a month, now all i think is WTF, i did that event for the mods not the badge or the twin vipers. Since everyone knows the tethra set is probably coming soon it's hard to sell a tethra set at all, and once again i did that event for the mods not the badges an surely not for the disappointing gorgon wraith. I now feel like i did both of those events for nothing since the event EXCLUSIVE mods aren't exclusive now. I am also debating wether or not to even do the next event because in a month or two they will be worthless. Also wheres primed chamber it was an event mod before the cicero or tethra event so why hasn't that been re-released yet? An since your making all these mods worthless why dont you just re-release Excaliber Prime, i mean that was an exclusive item so why dont you re-release it too and make everyone that has him feel like what they did was worthless. I don't see why you can't do something like you did with primed chamber an release an uncommon version of the mods that  have less stats, say 40% at max so the mods we got from DOING the event actually are still worth something. I would just like to say to myself hey it was worth doing that event. 

It's not BS because the event mods are literally the only status chance mods that are worth using. DE also never said that the mods would be exclusive. Doing the events simply give you a chance of getting the mods months before their permanent release. Some people decide to sell them for plat, some do not.

Edited by PeanutMonster

No. It;s not.

Mods are bloomin' crucial to make your character stronger.

I couldn't give 2 S#&$s about Excalibur prime he isn't stronger than the rest. It doesn't change the gameplay much it's just a lick of paint to make him look fabulous. Event mods add damage. They make you stronger.

It makes sense to re-release them and as a player who has played this game long enough they can release the Braton Vandal/tethra's doom mod and all the rest for all I care. I'm not a player who requires an e-peen to show off my gear because I know I've worked hard to get where I am today. Now pipe down and suck it up.

Nope never exclusive. Plus now if you want them, you actually have to work a bit harder to get and and it's RNG based.

Those of us who did the event were assured we'd get them upon completion. Seems fare.

Sounds like someone wanted to, not only be an elitist, but also wanted to cash in on the fact that few others had the mods too. Doesn't smell like "Tenno Spirit" to me.

OP in a nutshell: "These were worth a lot of money, how dare you take away my ability to make tons of free plat selling them"

The mods were my primary motivation in Cicero too, because I legitimately wanted the mods, I have no problem with them being released some time afterwards. Anything else would be newbie unfriendly.

And as the others have pointed out, the mods were never advertised as exclusive.

Edited by Tails-san

Why should mods be appreciated only for how much you can sell them for? They don't release them to please your business plan you know. Also you just did the event because they were exclusive, and want to refrain from further event because you are less likely to make platinum of them? Yet you have the audacity to calling DE's practice BS......

Edited by (PS4)SancticuS

I am sorry but this sounds like the opinion of someone who: either had multiple accounts to get the mods and sell for easy plat and/or would abuse ppl's knowledge of the market to get rich.

Furthermore, status builds are already in an awkward position as is : either OP against high lv or UP against middle lv, theore ppl accessong such builds the bigger will be the improvents on said mechanic.

Lastly, what i could agree is making those mods way rarer, as of now, since there's always a nekros in T4S , it isnt hard to get away with 3+ mods i myself have tens of each, if anyone reading this needs any just ask me. :)

As said, the mods were never stated to be exclusive, check the event topics - the word "exclusive" never appears. Hell, it's been that way for every event I can remember over the past year.

Re-releasing them is the norm, not the exception. Just off the top of my head. Lethal Torrent, Vigor, Shred? All of those began as event awards. Ditto for equilibrium, the ammo mutation mods, etc. Hell, even Primed Chamber was apparently going to be re-introduced during the Gradivus event.

Nobody ever should buy them for that much plat, this is enabling a lot of people to register new account to farm those mods for sale, this is worng, and some guys just missing events, it was enought time since cicero event, i am ok with it, i feel sorry for anyone who bought mod pack for more than 500pt, but i feel sorry for them even if cicero mods were still exclusive.

Lets hope they will remember about prime chamber for next iteration of Capitan Vor

PRIME CHAMBER PLEASE! PRIME CHAMBER PLEASE! PRIME CHAMBER PLEASE! PRIME CHAMBER PLEASE! PRIME CHAMBER PLEASE! PRIME CHAMBER PLEASE! PRIME CHAMBER PLEASE! PRIME CHAMBER PLEASE! PRIME CHAMBER PLEASE! PRIME CHAMBER PLEASE! PRIME CHAMBER PLEASE! PRIME CHAMBER PLEASE! PRIME CHAMBER PLEASE! PRIME CHAMBER PLEASE! PRIME CHAMBER PLEASE! PRIME CHAMBER PLEASE! PRIME CHAMBER PLEASE! PRIME CHAMBER PLEASE!

Edited by GCoda

Why not tackle one of the root causes of the problem and buff the normal status chance mods while decreasing the status chance on the dual damage-status chance mods so that both mods can be viable in their own way?

Equip the buffed normal status effect mods for purely building on status builds, or equip the dual damage-status chance mods for a mixture of damage and status chance increase. 

Mods from events have never been exclusive. 

Relic defence event - Faction aura mods - June 21 2013 -> June 24 2013 - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Artifact_Defense_Event

+ Three mods that were basically anti faction auras were releasesed as rewards for an event. Later these mods were given out through the alert system.

Sling-stone event - Ammo mutation mods - July 26th 2013 -Jult 28th 2013 - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Sling-Stone_Event

+ Five mods that would convert other ammo pickups to the required type. Later these mods were given as a rewards for completing survival missons. 

Arid fear event - Dual stat mods - August 09 2013 -> August 11 2013 - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Arid_Fear_Event

+ Three mods that had two stats increases on them. Eventually placed as rewards for finishing nightmare missons. 

Survival Weekend event - Equilibrium mod - Aug 30 2013 -> Sep 03 2013 - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Survival_Weekend_Event

+ One mod that affected energy and health pickups. Eventually placed as a drop on Lephantis loot table. 

Then there has been three of the status mod sets been released in events Toxic (Cicero), Lightning (Tethras) and Fire (Breeding grounds). The first of these sets was the Cicero mods from around December 2013. It took around 5-6 months for the mods to become available again. So expect the rest to appear in the future. 

The only exception is primed chamber, however this has been explained by DE many times. Primed chamber has not been released yet but De has promised that it will be in another event eventually. They have given out a few extra primed chambers on live streams and allowed people who got it accidentally through transmutation to keep them. So expect to see that mod available again sometime in the future. 

Finally we come back to the OP.

You clearly do not understand how warframe runs event rewards or you were some how misinformed about how these mods were to function. Either way it is clear your complaints about price fixing and inflation are unjustified and stem from misinformation.

I hope that helps you understand how mods used for event rewards work in the eyes of DE.