Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea I Have For Past Event Weapons

Agamemnon.

Event weapons aren't meant to be more powerful than anything else, they're just meant to be fun and decent weapons to use. However, I think that the main problem with them is the fact that they give mastery points.

People don't really whine because they don't get to play with these weapons (because let's be honest, who uses the Strun, Twin Vipers and Gorgon Wraith?), but more because of the fact that they get locked out of the mastery points they give.

It does feel unfair to know some people potentially have a permanent mastery point advantage over everyone.

Funniest thing I heard all week. MR advantage ... what a kidder.

MR right now means "I have more time to play the game then you do". There is no meaningful ranking scale attached. You could have 100 guns with crappy ranks and still have the same MR as someone with a few frames and a few guns max ranked.

The MR tests are a joke - well, they are meant not to punish people, which is a good thing - but in the process, MR loses all meaning.

If the entire MR system was reworked and was a whole new meta-game of it's own, with every test having Tiers of success and combat branches for melee, ranged and acrobatics say, and "gold" "silver" "bronze" type of pass like in Trackmania, then maybe, just maybe, you could call it a "system".

The MR system is currently doing the job of acting as a small stepping stone, nothing more.

Event weapons are not exclusive. DE says they maycome back

Any mechanic can be changed by DE. Does not change the argument that players deciding what is fair or nor fair has any merit.

In this case, I do not agree with players to simply inject those weapons back on the premise of "but we just want to play with them pretty please".

Any mechanic can be changed by DE. Does not change the argument that players deciding what is fair or nor fair has any merit.

In this case, I do not agree with players to simply inject those weapons back on the premise of "but we just want to play with them pretty please".

I see what you mean. I agree that that's not a good reason, but besides that reason they should be added.

I see what you mean. I agree that that's not a good reason, but besides that reason they should be added.

Ok, then please try and see it from a continuity of the game. There should be a better reason to bring back weapons then "we just want DE to do it".

If it could be worked into the game and it was more then "Buy the BP from the shop" then maybe I might agree. A Complex Quest or something similar should be the absolute minimum. You want it, then work for it.

Ok, then please try and see it from a continuity of the game. There should be a better reason to bring back weapons then "we just want DE to do it".

If it could be worked into the game and it was more then "Buy the BP from the shop" then maybe I might agree. A Complex Quest or something similar should be the absolute minimum. You want it, then work for it.

That's what my first post on this topic had suggested.

Edit: Assuming other factions would go through the new quest system, and there's little doubt they wouldn't.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII

The corpus use the Lanka, and because the Lanka uses the Snipetron skin that may be a little problem if they re-introduce the snipetron because i hardly think DE wants to re-texture a gun to be released for 1 day 

Or they can re-texture the Lanka.

Event weapons aren't meant to be more powerful than anything else, they're just meant to be fun and decent weapons to use. However, I think that the main problem with them is the fact that they give mastery points.

People don't really whine because they don't get to play with these weapons (because let's be honest, who uses the Strun, Twin Vipers and Gorgon Wraith?), but more because of the fact that they get locked out of the mastery points they give.

Euhm, why wouldn't people use them? If you don't take them into "endgame" content they work pretty well (not to mention the Gorgon Wraith sounds great).

It does feel unfair to know some people potentially have a permanent mastery point advantage over everyone.

This makes no sense at all, Warframe is a F2P game which means that in order to keep their playerbase they need to constantly introduce new content. The day DE stops releasing "Tenno Reinforcements" is the day when dev support officially ends.

This whole attitude that some of the player base has about "You missed it, QQ more" is really bad for the game. It's discouraging to new players when the veterans have this kind of attitude. You know what makes or breaks a F2P multiplayer game, or any multiplayer game for that matter? Having more people playing the game. Especially regarding completionists, it's disheartening to start a new game that you're excited about and then be told you're barred from certain content because you missed some deadline months ago.

Even if the event weapons aren't "that good" as seems to be the argument by a number of people, newbies would still appreciate being able to own them, and I still argue that argument is BS--I use my Prova Vandal all the time.

Most of the formerly event-exclusive mods have been opened up to the general public (Cicero mods, Ammo mutation), and the devs even mentioned off-hand that the Tethra mods would probably be added in sometime soon, so don't write off event weapons just yet.

I personally think that we should have some way to obtain previous items from events. As it stands, i would like a Tethra set without having to pay 400 to 500P. The simple reason i don't have these mods is that when this event was happening, i didn't have the game nor a way to obtain the game. I will most likely miss the Breeding Grounds event because life happens, and this depresses me a little because not only will i miss out on the awesome mods, but the amazing event experience as well. I understand that some people believe that it would be unfair or wrong for people to obtain these items without doing the event, so my suggestion is to follow through with the idea one of the DE developers spoke of in one of their live streams. With the introduction of U14, the developers now posses the ability to do and add quest lines, so simply add the events as quest lines. With this, people will still have to complete the events with the same fashion as they were originally required to so that they could obtain the rewards, but would now not have to worry about missing it or have never been able to do it to begin with. I know that people will still complain/hate on this idea, but i honestly think it's an excellent solution to this dilemma. People will still have to work and put in the effort that others originally had to, but could now do it at any time. Basically, i could pick the game up tomorrow and be able to do these amazing events and obtain these cool rewards for it. We shouldn't be blocked off simply because we couldn't play the game, didn't know about it, etc when the events occurred, but that's my opinion. (Truth be told, i would like the rewards, but would be pleased either way if they just simply added the events as playable mission with or without them) 

Let me begin by saying that I've been playing almost since the start and I've gotten all the event weapons too. And really, I think it sucks that players that missed them the first time around aren't able to get them later. I have a nice solution that would satisfy everyone I think.

First off, the current Quest system is awesome and can be tied into this pretty smoothly. DE has mentioned that they want to introduce the new players to past events by offering those as quests. I think that it's only reasonable to give the players the same end rewards as well. Sure, it can't ever be as unpredictable and challenging as a real event, but that's the price you pay for missing out. No sense you should be left out in the cold in regards to the rewards as an added slap in the face right?

BUT, here is where the smartypants thing comes in. Once you've completed the quest, you get a blueprint of a replica weapon that you have to build. That way, you will not have the "collectors edition" so to speak of the weapon and you will have to spend resources to build it, which means you have to work a bit extra for them. Any merit badges for participation are not awarded though, because technically, you did not participate in the event, you merely relived history. (or played a simulation, how's that for lore integration eh DE?) The same goes for any other cosmetic items unique to the event too.

The weapons should have the same ability as the event rewards do, the only difference is that it has a different model/name that signifies you did not obtain it at the event. That way, the collectors are happy, because they get to keep their limited editions and you as a player get to have the same chance to level up mastery as the rest of us do.

Since the quests will be released a month or so after the event (ideally), it will also mean that players can decide if they want to do the event right there right now, or wait a month and then get the replica instead. Mods should be released to nightmare tables alongside the Quest too. That way, we cover almost everything.

Edited by Hap-muhr

Hmm, after reading your post, i can't agree. Because making Event weapons crafteable with Rare resources won't be cool, i would prefer to make them drop from some Assasin, like Brakk and Detron.

That also sounds a good idea as well