Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is Not The Warframe I Used To Play.

--Foust--

Gonna go out on a limb and guess you use a controller.

Having to plow through multiple menus to access your arsenal is one of many simple UI failures that mouse and keyboard users hate. Mod screens where you can only see a few mods is another huge one. Having those mods titled off at some bizarre angle is another.

As far as the crashing, for my clan is spans people with all different kinds of setups and video cards. I haven't many crashing problems until last night when I tried twice to take some clannies to fight Vay Hek, and it crashed each time. We decided we would just try him again in a week.

Yeah, started using a controller when I saw that the new UI was clearly controller oriented. I realize not everyone is going to want to go out and get a controller but it makes the game drastically easier and more fun to play.

I don't even understand people's issues with the new UI. I personally love it, I think it looks great, works well and is easier to use than the old one.

But I guess that's just me.

I play with controller sometimes, but mostly mouse and keyboard, and I agree with this. I have had very few problems with the new UI and find it much faster.

I think we all know that the Illuminati is responsible for this and that there's not much we can do about it. Maybe we could drag ourselves away from our monitors away for a bit and do something productive. But probably not.

I think we all know that the Illuminati is responsible for this and that there's not much we can do about it. Maybe we could drag ourselves away from our monitors away for a bit and do something productive. But probably not.

That's kinda been my thinking as well (aside from the Illuminati bit)

The game becomes unstable and instead of doing something else with our lives, we come to the forums and complain. 

Kinda pitiful.

Change happens.

Change doesn't always bring good things.

We have to push through it. 

Because if we give in, then what good are we as Beta testers.

As Tenno.

I agree with what you've been saying here but please let's stop this. Beta is the most superficial term ever by now. This is a beta in name only. It's been out in "Open Beta" for almost a year and a half, taking standard transactions the entire time and on two platforms since November. The only thing I'd accept as an excuse that this is still in Beta is that they are waiting for Proxy War and Focus, but even with that they better get a move on or just drop them in as expansions. Again, this game is great as what it is, but please stop calling it a beta. Even if DE does, have a little more sense and self respect. It's not a beta. We're a player base not beta testers. 

I agree with what you've been saying here but please let's stop this. Beta is the most superficial term ever by now. This is a beta in name only. It's been out in "Open Beta" for almost a year and a half, taking standard transactions the entire time and on two platforms since November. The only thing I'd accept as an excuse that this is still in Beta is that they are waiting for Proxy War and Focus, but even with that they better get a move on or just drop them in as expansions. Again, this game is great as what it is, but please stop calling it a beta. Even if DE does, have a little more sense and self respect. It's not a beta. We're a player base not beta testers. 

Uh no. Putting a cash shop in a game doesn't make it magically stop being a beta. A beta is a game that is unfinished and going through testing and revision.

Like this game.

No, we're both.

Beta testers and players.

Funny thing about Beta games, as long as the developer and it's community still consider the game to be in Beta, its still in Beta.

Seriously, why is it that the presence of a cash shop in a Beta game confuses people?

Edited by Kestral9999

I agree with what you've been saying here but please let's stop this. Beta is the most superficial term ever by now. This is a beta in name only. It's been out in "Open Beta" for almost a year and a half.

It's been in a beta since that long.

Before it was closed beta. Only available to those who had the codes, and after U6, it became open beta.

And I do have sense and self respect. How dare you say that I don't have that because I consider the game as a beta. 

A beta is a game that is still in development. WF is nowhere near completion. If it had released itself as a full game right now, it'd look so incomplete.

It's been in a beta since that long.

Before it was closed beta. Only available to those who had the codes, and after U6, it became open beta.

And I do have sense and self respect. How dare you say that I don't have that because I consider the game as a beta. 

A beta is a game that is still in development. WF is nowhere near completion. If it had released itself as a full game right now, it'd look so incomplete.

I know how long it's been in beta. I was here in closed beta as well. Every MMO ever that is still running is "Still in development". It's a weak answer. If they have a stated end goal I'll rescind my statement immediately, but as long as we're playing a game of moving the release goalposts my statements stand. 

Except for the self respect line. That was a $&*^ thing to say and I withdraw it. Sorry. 

Uh no. Putting a cash shop in a game doesn't make it magically stop being a beta. A beta is a game that is unfinished and going through testing and revision.

Like this game.

Nope. It sure doesn't. However when you remove all other standards outside of "it has the word Beta" slapped on it, other criteria becomes scrutinized. I think I'd let the whole thing fall to the wayside if this were an open development game, but it isn't. It's not crowd sourced, it's not indie. It's just a fully fleshed out game with no stated finished state that calls itself Beta. 

No, we're both.

Beta testers and players.

Funny thing about Beta games, as long as the developer and it's community still consider the game to be in Beta, its still in Beta.

Seriously, why is it that the presence of a cash shop in a Beta game confuses people?

See above. A cash shop does not a release game make. Conversely a beta label doesn't make a game a beta either.

By the standards set down here WoW could claim to be in beta because it is adding content, making improvements and hasn't reached a "finished" state. 

What warframe are you playing? Because it's obviously not the same one the rest of us are.

Tell me how I'm wrong. Tell me how my 1500 hours have been misinterpreted. Again, I'm not too proud to say I'm wrong. Show me how that statement is false and if I can't legitimately defend it I'll back down from it. 

Tell me how I'm wrong. Tell me how my 1500 hours have been misinterpreted. Again, I'm not too proud to say I'm wrong. Show me how that statement is false and if I can't legitimately defend it I'll back down from it. 

If you've played 1500 hours you should well know this game isn't complete.

Anyways, the problem is this is a very murky topic. This game is published as a beta, but since it's not feature complete it technically isn't even properly in beta yet. Beyond that, we continuously get new content, which further confuses the situation.

However, as DE is publishing this game as a beta then arguing about it is pointless. It is a beta, and no matter what features they add until they decide it's finished it will remain a beta.

I recommend you read these:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/28-open-beta-agreement-read-me/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/178881-warframe-frequently-asked-questions/

If you've played 1500 hours you should well know this game isn't complete.

Anyways, the problem is this is a very murky topic. This game is published as a beta, but since it's not feature complete it technically isn't even properly in beta yet. Beyond that, we continuously get new content, which further confuses the situation.

However, as DE is publishing this game as a beta then arguing about it is pointless. It is a beta, and no matter what features they add until they decide it's finished it will remain a beta.

I recommend you read these:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/28-open-beta-agreement-read-me/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/178881-warframe-frequently-asked-questions/

I feel you're right. This is murky and we're going to have to agree to disagree. There's an old proverb, "Don't rely on the label on the bag." A southern US version is "Just because the tag says sugar doesn't mean it isn't salt." This is how I feel on this topic. Obviously there isn't going to be headway made between us, so I think it best to drop it, forget I was here and put this train back on the rails. 

I feel you're right. This is murky and we're going to have to agree to disagree. There's an old proverb, "Don't rely on the label on the bag." A southern US version is "Just because the tag says sugar doesn't mean it isn't salt." This is how I feel on this topic. Obviously there isn't going to be headway made between us, so I think it best to drop it, forget I was here and put this train back on the rails. 

I'd be fine with getting back on topic if not for the fact that OP's topic got derailed pages ago lol.