Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Many Fusion Cores Needed To Max Mods

kirean3464

Just something i noted last night, I was attempting to upgrade my bite mod and i clicked auto fuse for a moment to see how many cored i would have to fire at it, it was willing to swallow 500 cores of various flavors and 500 k credits.

warframe then took that exact moment to crash on me and for some reason applied the change,

im fine with this i probable would have maxed it anyway i mean sure its a little annoying im out of cores but whatever so this is not a complaint thread. it just kinda took me aback at ok this mod took 500 plus cores half a million credits

and the thing is not even maxed and hungry for more.

i mean o see people charging x plat for a maxed mod and i used to think rip off but if getting that many cores is that much of a pain it might actually be worth it.

does anyone agree with this? i think there should be a reduction in the number of cores to max a mod or better ones or something like that so you dont have to watch your inventory of cores from when you started playing disappear.

1. yes i realise this may have been covered in anouther post.

2. yes i realise you can randomly pick up a lot of cores in t4's i just do not think its enough.

3. yes i realise you can make a lot of credits doing dark sectors or void missions.again i feel not enough to justify the cost.

4 try to keep all comments constructive and not wave your prova around this egos don't belong in here.

edit this does not belong in the feedback page

Just something i noted last night, I was attempting to upgrade my bite mod and i clicked auto fuse for a moment to see how many cored i would have to fire at it, it was willing to swallow 500 cores of various flavors and 500 k credits.

warframe then took that exact moment to crash on me and for some reason applied the change,

im fine with this i probable would have maxed it anyway i mean sure its a little annoying im out of cores but whatever so this is not a complaint thread. it just kinda took me aback at ok this mod took 500 plus cores half a million credits

and the thing is not even maxed and hungry for more.

i mean o see people charging x plat for a maxed mod and i used to think rip off but if getting that many cores is that much of a pain it might actually be worth it.

does anyone agree with this? i think there should be a reduction in the number of cores to max a mod or better ones or something like that so you dont have to watch your inventory of cores from when you started playing disappear.

2. yes i realise you can randomly pick up a lot of cores in t4's i just do not think its enough.

3. yes i realise you can make a lot of credits doing dark sectors or void missions.again i feel not enough to justify the cost.

4 try to keep all comments constructive and not wave your prova around this egos don't belong in here.

edit i do not think this belongs in feed back because i am just asking for peoples opinions and to have a discussion on it.

To many or not to many...  

It's a rare 10 mod that was released less than 2 weeks ago.  You expect to max it already?  (not saying it's not possible)

Also, when you say you see people charging "x" amount of platinum.   How much are you seeing?  Before legendary cores deflated rank 10 mod prices maxed serrations went for 300-400p and rare 10s like heavy caliber went for 600-800p.

I actually think 400-500p for a maxed rare 10 is very fair.  In perspective that's like $20 USD in when buying platinum with a moderate discount.  $20 vs. the amount of time needed to collect all of those cores.  It's definitely worth it.

It's a rare 10 mod that was released less than 2 weeks ago.  You expect to max it already?  (not saying it's not possible)

Also, when you say you see people charging "x" amount of platinum.   How much are you seeing?  Before legendary cores deflated rank 10 mod prices maxed serrations went for 300-400p and rare 10s like heavy caliber went for 600-800p.

I actually think 400-500p for a maxed rare 10 is very fair.  In perspective that's like $20 USD in when buying platinum with a moderate discount.  $20 vs. the amount of time needed to collect all of those cores.  It's definitely worth it.

it takes to many as in several hundred is a ridiculous number to have to collect to max out anything im not saying it cant be done i am not saying you cant obtain enough eventually.

but personality i would not like to and would not pay 500 plat or whatever else for a mod not because i dont appricate the effort its because its a video game. i think a balance in cores, and the drop tables in general would help that alot but that horse has been flogged to death allready

it takes to many as in several hundred is a ridiculous number to have to collect to max out anything im not saying it cant be done i am not saying you cant obtain enough eventually.

but personality i would not like to and would not pay 500 plat or whatever else for a mod not because i dont appricate the effort its because its a video game. i think a balance in cores, and the drop tables in general would help that alot but that horse has been flogged to death allready

I agree that to many it may seem like too many cores go into maxing a rare 10, but $15-20 USD is cheap, compared to a 2 weeks to a month of grinding to get enough cores to max one.  Just sayin'...  People value money and time differently though, so I can understand your point.

Wait what is the problem!? The crash? The fact people charge plat for a max mod? You can actually level rare mods easily in early ranks with duplicates, just take your time and farm it a few more hours, then adding the rare fusion cores later on will max it up even quicker, but if you really have a problem ranking up bite(which I suggest you not do) then go to the market and buy a legendary core.

Wait what is the problem!? The crash? The fact people charge plat for a max mod? You can actually level rare mods easily in early ranks with duplicates, just take your time and farm it a few more hours, then adding the rare fusion cores later on will max it up even quicker, but if you really have a problem ranking up bite(which I suggest you not do) then go to the market and buy a legendary core.

dude i cant tell if your attempting to pick a fight or are just plain ignorant.

firstly roll up and read the first two lines of the post so you can see i don't have any issue. im just simply commenting on it looking like a lot when one mod drinks 500 plus cores and asks for more.

as for your duplicate comment were not talking about tail wind here dude, you go get enough gleaming talons to do the duplicate thing with and then come back to me with how few cores you needed to top it up.

the plat comment was simply me stating i used to think people were ripping people off charging that much but with that much effort maby not and im at work so excuse all types etc for the sensitive types.

Here take it a big uber ever used NOPE if you get evey drop in 10min and every mod max in 2 hours how the game would stay alife danm ppl just now cry about to have nothing to do.... so start to farm cores and dont make the game easier at it is

Here take it a big uber ever used NOPE if you get evey drop in 10min and every mod max in 2 hours how the game would stay alife danm ppl just now cry about to have nothing to do.... so start to farm cores and dont make the game easier at it is

yes because that is a totally valid statement you either have to spend months farming and farming or you have to have everything in 2 hours..............

um thanks for the input?

Edited by kirean3464

oh and that argument basically amounts to rng is good as long as we have something to farm constantly we will be happy.

And i think judging from now until the beginning of  warframe there have been enough posts to make a safe guess that the majority opinion is

"pusdo rng good heavy mind numbing sacrificing lambs and virgins to the rngod's is not" 

Maxxing mods is a very long term goal, and yes, it's very expensive.  That's OK though, because you don't actually need to max the mods to be effective, and because of the way ranking up costs increase, slightly more the half the total cores required for any mod are used in the last rank up.

Core costs double every rank.  That means going from rank 9 to rank 10 costs most then going from unranked to 9.  In the case of serration, for example, going from rank 9 to 10 gives you a 10% increase in damage, for a 100% increase in core costs. 

Just treat that last rank as a long term goal for when you've got more cores and credits then you need, and you'll be fine.

Maxxing mods is a very long term goal, and yes, it's very expensive.  That's OK though, because you don't actually need to max the mods to be effective, and because of the way ranking up costs increase, slightly more the half the total cores required for any mod are used in the last rank up.

Core costs double every rank.  That means going from rank 9 to rank 10 costs most then going from unranked to 9.  In the case of serration, for example, going from rank 9 to 10 gives you a 10% increase in damage, for a 100% increase in core costs. 

Just treat that last rank as a long term goal for when you've got more cores and credits then you need, and you'll be fine.

i know its un-needed i was just simply making point it does take a insane amount of mods and credits, you don't really need credits up until that point, its just a lot from what i can see there is more pressing issues obviously but i guess i kinda see it as a way to get rid of some of the junk in the drop tables a little bit, ok you dont need tail wind number 200000 here have a core instead.

I agree completely. It took me a few months of on and off play to get my Blind Rage from 8 to 10; that, and 150 R5's, 450+ common 3's and like 50 UC5's, and 700k credits only pushing it to halfway through 9... There's what, like 10 rare mods that rank up to 10? That was my FIRST rare mod that I fully maxed out. I traded it and 40P to someone for a maxed one, I didn't use all my cores on it though after I found someone willing to trade.

The upgrade amount for the rares need to be lowered, please. You cannot pick up that many cores in a T4 mission that fast, it still takes time and it's random. You might as well buy the cores or mods themselves. I had to end up buying most of those fusion cores. You're lucky to even get a good team for T4 surv, one who actually stays together. I've gotten maybe 10 teams in this game, ever since Survival came out, who actually knows what they're doing.

I wouldn't care if I wasn't compensated for those cores to be refunded. Just lower the mod amount needed and they could also make the mods not as strong as to nerf players to make the game harder. "Simple" as that.

Doing that currently. Still takes forever. Took me months to just max my first rare 10-rank-mod; Blind Rage.

I agree completely. It took me a few months of on and off play to get my Blind Rage from 8 to 10; that, and 150 R5's, 450+ common 3's and like 50 UC5's, and 700k credits only pushing it to halfway through 9... There's what, like 10 rare mods that rank up to 10? That was my FIRST rare mod that I fully maxed out. I traded it and 40P to someone for a maxed one, I didn't use all my cores on it though after I found someone willing to trade.

The upgrade amount for the rares need to be lowered, please. You cannot pick up that many cores in a T4 mission that fast, it still takes time and it's random. You might as well buy the cores or mods themselves. I had to end up buying most of those fusion cores. You're lucky to even get a good team for T4 surv, one who actually stays together. I've gotten maybe 10 teams in this game, ever since Survival came out, who actually knows what they're doing.

I wouldn't care if I wasn't compensated for those cores to be refunded. Just lower the mod amount needed and they could also make the mods not as strong as to nerf players to make the game harder. "Simple" as that.

exactly the point im trying to make, lower the costs replace some common mods with cores in loot roll anything at this point would be an improvement,the drop tables are a mess anyway i know i wouldn't mind picking up a cores instead of junk mods, it might even relive some of the stress from grinding that last damh prime piece you wanted

exactly the point im trying to make, lower the costs replace some common mods with cores in loot roll anything at this point would be an improvement,the drop tables are a mess anyway i know i wouldn't mind picking up a cores instead of junk mods, it might even relive some of the stress from grinding that last damh prime piece you wanted

Agreed. They talked about removing the power cards from drop tables. I'd prefer common cores over these power cards.

I feel ya, having a team is great and the fllowing is not a suggestion just a sad statement lol: Countless times i had to carry an entire team up tp the 30m mark, i use nyx or excal for that job, it usually gives me 15 R5s and that's what i've been doing while the ps4 doesnt get U14, got to max reflex guard and tainted shell that way in a few weeks of casual play (alrdy got the other rares maxed, except the ammo ones). Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

Well, shouldn't it take a long time? 

We're talking about getting to the highest level of power that's available in the game - equivalent to getting end game gear in Diablo with near perfect rolls.  And once you achieve it, there's really nowhere else to go.

Well, shouldn't it take a long time? 

We're talking about getting to the highest level of power that's available in the game - equivalent to getting end game gear in Diablo with near perfect rolls.  And once you achieve it, there's really nowhere else to go.

Much, much different than Diablo. Diablo takes longer in the sense of unknown drops and to get the better drops you need a team of 4. Warframe's difficulty if someone joins a mission barely scales up compared to D3 and the drop rates don't change percentage-wise if you get more people in a Warframe mission. You have stronger enemies, yes, such as more Heavy Gunners rather than Scorpions, so your chance at the mods that a Heavy Gunner drops over a Scorpion "improves".