The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Feedback [Megathread]

noveltyhero

You know, someone suggested the ability to use an imprint as a consumable to unlock it's contained pattern and colors to one of your Kubrows. In case DE is worried about any backlash from 'breeders' or is really bent on some traits being trade exclusive this seems like a great solution as it would not deter trading but would also make people not need to rely in the ever-present RNG of Kubrow breeding (even with compltely identical prints), besides comtributing against the aspect of 'gather resources-wait-make kubrow-wait-ditch if not like' that the current system promotes, which I believe was not their inention.

Ya know... I somehow missed the part that said my dog would die if I didn't log in for a while... I may have thrown it in stasis if I could come back to warframe and not have to wait 4 hours for my animal to "thaw out" must admit I'm more then a little bothered by this situation considering I used platinum to purchase the little critter. I think its pretty silly that a personal space craft isn't capable of feeding my kubrow some dna stabilizer while I'm away... so if ya want my feedback as a founder... this whole thing could use some restructuring or hey maybe if you pay plat for a animal it shouldn't have unstable dna? I'd love to get my pet back...

DNA stabilization should only have an impact on the Kubrow's combat performance

Hits zero, cant use till you stabalize again.

Stasis should be used to store Genetic Material to combine to further Kubrow breeding.  So far all it does is penalize someone for thinking ahead if they have to be away for a while. Only to slap them in the face when they return by going "wait 2 play game with doge"

Trying to threaten a playerbase with "login and grind money or your pet will die" to build traffic is silly.

I think The Loyalty feature needs to be reworded or it is bugged. When I read "Kubrow deals 100% more dmg" I thought 100% more than base dmg(120 Slash). However the ui doesn't really support that.   

Okay I was trying to find out if there was any variation between the base dmg of the 4 kubrow. Instead of checking the wiki or codex, I clicked the "Learn about" button under Temperament. The results showed that each of my kubrow had a different base slash amount(82, 96, 120). I later checked the codex and saw they should all should have a base of 120 slash. The reason for the variation is the loyalty bar if it's not 100% it appears the base dmg of your kubrow goes down. 

One of my Kubrow at 60% loyalty

FcHpmTT.jpg

The same Kubrow's stats via the "Learn about" button

msqY5ud.jpg

-snip-

Something that does need to be looked at, haven't noticed it much. Speaking of damage, what level enemies tend to render Kubrows' damage useless?

DNA stabilization should only have an impact on the Kubrow's combat performance

Hits zero, cant use till you stabalize again.

Stasis should be used to store Genetic Material to combine to further Kubrow breeding.  So far all it does is penalize someone for thinking ahead if they have to be away for a while. Only to slap them in the face when they return by going "wait 2 play game with doge"

Trying to threaten a playerbase with "login and grind money or your pet will die" to build traffic is silly.

Yeah the waiting is painful, some waiting makes sense however but should be alternate ways around it:

-If I want for an egg to incubate I should be able to use another Kubrow until then

-If I want to extract genetics fine I will wait but I want to be able to use another Kubrow and soo on

Guys... a quick question to you, more experienced with kubrows...

If I breed 2 giant bulky male imprints is 100% sure the result will be the same?

Or height and weight isn't in DNA?

Thank you in advance!

No it is not 100%, both height and weight are in imprints but using two does not guarantee, just higher chances.

This really should've been in players helping players :/

Yeah the waiting is painful, some waiting makes sense however but should be alternate ways around it:

-If I want for an egg to incubate I should be able to use another Kubrow until then

-If I want to extract genetics fine I will wait but I want to be able to use another Kubrow and soo on

I hope that at some point we'll have the option to expand the orbiter module of the Liset (basically the lower level), so we can put in e.g. a second Incubator. If you want to have two Kubrows awake and get stabilizers for them - fine, do it. Maybe they could even interact (play) with each other.

No it is not 100%, both height and weight are in imprints but using two does not guarantee, just higher chances.

This really should've been in players helping players :/

Thanks hero.

Another quick one...

Do we have some tips about slot 1 and 2? Any difference? Which imprint we need to put in slot 1 or 2 to acquire or raise the chances of anything?

Thanks hero.

Another quick one...

Do we have some tips about slot 1 and 2? Any difference? Which imprint we need to put in slot 1 or 2 to acquire or raise the chances of anything?

It doesn't make a difference, all it seems to do is add the chances of the Kubrow having what the game considers a "dominant" gene (rare in other words). Personally I wouldn't use imprints yet, but up to you. AFAIK both slots need to be filled, more experienced and actual farmers could help you more here

I hope that at some point we'll have the option to expand the orbiter module of the Liset (basically the lower level), so we can put in e.g. a second Incubator. If you want to have two Kubrows awake and get stabilizers for them - fine, do it. Maybe they could even interact (play) with each other.

Not sure about Liset expansion per se but who knows, maybe we get a secondary ship that is personal, much harder to acquire (hopefully) and bigger with lots of ugprades available :D

But the wait on the incubator itself needs looked at, adding more incubators can do but not keeping the wait/minimizing it per Kubrow is the best option

never liked tamagotchis.

not back then.

not now.

at least give us a kubrow day-care center or pez dispenser with dog food.

I don't know, whole point of Kubrow/pet system is for micro-managing. The main point of the megathread is to improve the system not get rid of it.

Many MMOs have a similar system without alternatives, if micro-managing isn't for you then consider Sentinels more :/

Just saying, the system isn't great but it's meant to be something

I think you dont understand my question Hero (my english is not so good too).

I already used imprints to breed. I asked about imprint order in the slots. Make any difference?

Nope, it doesn't seem to however ask on "Players Helping Players", more people with experience behind farming Kubrows can say more precisely

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/38-players-helping-players/

I don't know, whole point of Kubrow/pet system is for micro-managing. The main point of the megathread is to improve the system not get rid of it.

Many MMOs have a similar system without alternatives, if micro-managing isn't for you then consider Sentinels more :/

Just saying, the system isn't great but it's meant to be something

improving the system would be to get rid of it imho.

repetitive daily micro managing actions are boring. In other games as it is here.

As it goes for the managing part: that you can restore loyalty only 3 times a day is annoying for heavy gamers as much for inexperienced gamers.

But the decay even if you are not online, that is harassment. i usually don't know if i make it online into WF in advance and defrostiing 3 hours is a definite 100% BUZZ kill.

Did i mention i hate tamagotchis?

improving the system would be to get rid of it imho.

repetitive daily micro managing actions are boring. In other games as it is here.

As it goes for the managing part: that you can restore loyalty only 3 times a day is annoying for heavy gamers as much for inexperienced gamers.

But the decay even if you are not online, that is harassment. i usually don't know if i make it online into WF in advance and defrostiing 3 hours is a definite 100% BUZZ kill.

Did i mention i hate tamagotchis?

Loyalty would be absolutely fine if it wouldn't be limited and maybe other ways to restore it (such as playing a mission, you know tying the deal and all). As for the waiting it has already been mentioned and I think it needs to be alternated around in some ways.

Tamagotchis are cool, I would get one if I didn't look like a retard with one around XD

I highly suggest some sort of ui-based behavioral control for the kubrows. At present, their performance in combat is extremely erratic and lackluster. I suggest being able to set your kubrow to three stances: aggressive, support, and passive. In aggressive, they run out and attack enemies in range of the player, using support abilities less. Support stance, they use support abilities more and only attack when an enemy attacks the player. Passive, they sit there.

I feel that giving the player more control over the kubrows would highly increase their performance. Being able to hit a button and *make them* attack or defend would do much to justify the high cost of creating them.

I think Kubrows should be like Sentinels NO COOLDOWN!! and NO DNA stabilizers!!. Keep everything else the same like the Interactions and loyalty. I think this will balance things out for the average person because for the people who have work or who simply don't have the time to grind away at missions to get enough credits and all the resources for their Kubrow. Also i just wanted to say i think the grinding aspect of this game is killing it for new players. I keep asking new people to come and play warframe and they have all gotten turned off by the game because of how much time you have to spend grinding away at missions for somethings that dont really feel justified in the game.I'm just saying If you make something to complicated for new players to pick up then most likely they will give up on warframe and move on to something less time consuming.

Honest opinion of an Average Gamer.

"Hey, we both have a kubrow type that the other person wants, do you want to trade imprints?"

"Sure, that sounds great!"

"Okay, I'll just make a.... huh. Apparently you can't make an imprint of a dog that's recovering from stasis. 3 hours. :("

"Bummer. Well, I'll be around, message me again when it's done."

(3 hours later)

"Fully recovered! Do you want to-- FFS! Another hour and a half to make the imprint!"

The further I progress down this route the more firmly I am convinced that this system is not worth participating in due to constant, unforeseen and unintuitive delays.

Yes, I get that you want people to spend platinum on this.  No, it's not worth 20 platinum to complete a basic function like making an imprint to trade. You lock us out of the kubrow system entirely for hours and days at a time because you can only have 1 active dog, and it seems like when you do anything involving it, it's unavailable to use.

And now time for more things that are not trading with the community or raising puppies.  At least my faithful, reliable Wyrm is still with me. :(