Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Consolidated Chat

Llyssa

It would be really nice if there was a "consolidated" chat tab.

It would have buttons available for every channel you have available, and would fetch whatever channels you have turned on.

You could still go to the individual tabs, which would stay as-is, but your consolidated tab would have the buttons for fetching so that you don't have to do so much work.

So, if you had on, say, your clan, alliance, and recruiting tabs, you'd get clan chat(in clan color), alliance chat(in alliance color), and recruiting, in recruiting color.

Example pics:

2dioew1.jpg

The squad color coding thing was something I suggested elsewhere... it needs some polishing, but the base idea I'm hanging on to.

EDIT: Changed pic to add the sending button to the consolidated tab. It should probably be clickable to select the sending channel without a / command(although, of course, / commands should still exist).

Edited by Llyssa

• 2 weeks later...

sounds awesome.

one question though. if i'm in the consolidated Tab, how to i reply to this or that Chat? hoping for something quick.

i'd prefer telepathy magic, but i'll settle for /Council;/Squad;/Clan;/Alliance, Et Cetera. but! there must be one or two letter (three is really pushing it) shortened versions to send your message to channel whoopdedoo.

i'd still rather have telepathy magic. i don't really want to accidentally type something into the Consolidated Tab without a Channel tag (actually, what the hell what that even do then?) and need to retype. 

oh, that reminds me. hightlighting, copy, paste, all those basics. gotta have.

oh, i suppose if i didn't apply a Channel Tag to my message it could just send it to the last place i sent a message to. with that being the case it'd need to have an icon or something say, to the left of the Text input box to show which Channel you're currently 'set' to.

We actually have single letter shortcuts for most chats.

Currently:

/s = Squad

/d = (Design) council

/c = Clan

/g = reGion

/w <tenno> = Whisper a PM to <tenno>

also, formerly, we had:

/r = Reply to last pm

I've been requesting for a while now, on top of /r being reinstated:

/a = alliance

It would also make sense to have

/t = trade

and probably something for recruiting, but I'm not entirely sure what(since /r is traditionally "reply" in many games). Maybe /e?

Definitely a point about having the tag as to where you're sending something.

Consolidated Chat = Ugh. Nope. Big fat nope. Emphatic nope. A nope the size of a thousand suns. Games that use those systems have horrible New User Experience due to the flood of default chat, and having to go into 289493 settings to configure filters correctly. :((((((

Color Coded Chat = Thumbs up on that.

the flood of default chat, and having to go into 289493 settings to configure filters correctly. :((((((

the Consolidated Tab doesn't need to be the default one.

and, the filters are right on that Chat Tab, checkboxes right there. there's 8 of them, not 289,000 ;)

Consolidated Chat = Ugh. Nope. Big fat nope. Emphatic nope. A nope the size of a thousand suns. Games that use those systems have horrible New User Experience due to the flood of default chat, and having to go into 289493 settings to configure filters correctly. :((((((

Color Coded Chat = Thumbs up on that.

What if you had to do a quest to acquire the special coms unit to make it work? That would solve everything, right?

the Consolidated Tab doesn't need to be the default one.

and, the filters are right on that Chat Tab, checkboxes right there. there's 8 of them, not 289,000 ;)

Also, that.

This has been needed since day 1 of this game. Warframe's current chat mechanics feel feel so limiting and primitive. Heck, what your suggesting has been pretty standard in mmo's for about a decade.

How am I supposed to feel connected to my clan if I have to ignore them everytime I do missions? If I talk to my clan during missions, I'm ignoring my squad mates, and potentially missing out there. Likewise with friend pm's during missions.