Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Xini Looks Terrible..

o0sayan0o

the old xini map wasn t the xini map, it was a corpus theme defense map(that was use all around, i m pretty sure every faction used it), and now, it s an infested theme map like the others theme map, isn t that refreshing ? 

Edited by thegamer118

Yes. but change isn't always a good thing. :P

Of course not.  But OP really didn't elaborate on why he thinks the new Xini map is terrible other than "now it's boring as f..."  If he used examples telling us why it slows gameplay or the aesthetics don't match up with the Infestation's aesthetics or any number of other valid reasonable points, and then perhaps gave suggestions to fix the perceived problems, of course I would have been inclined to give a more productive response...

But as it is right now he just seems to be whining, and that gets us nowhere.

i understand if its a little change but THIS is a big one my friend.. the whole map is changed.

I wasn't trying to be funny but thanks for the comment. I just did a resume of your post. Now get back in your cage with all the illogical people.

Edit: Sorry quoted the wrong person!

Edited by Alphafox

Well the map is kind of interesting, but the fact that mobs get stuck and it takes ages for them to reatch the pot unleashes all the hallway heroes and that just gets boring, if they wont fix it id say yeah old xini rocked..

Well the map is kind of interesting, but the fact that mobs get stuck and it takes ages for them to reatch the pot unleashes all the hallway heroes and that just gets boring, if they wont fix it id say yeah old xini rocked..

What we have right now is a AI problem.

+

Encourages people to stay close to the cryopod

Looks really nice

Enemied don't appear to get stuck all the time (as it used to happen on other new def maps such as those on Ceres and Jupiter)

-

3/4 of the map seem redundant to me, since the small corridors aren't strategically important to use - ergo, you propably will not go deep in there.

Open spaces encourage players to run around during defense missions

[clear view, especially when things get too crowded - which will happen since the enemies are infested. And it's easier to escape if things get dangerous - which might be much harder in a closed corridor. But closed corridors are 3/4 of the map. And it doesn't make sense to go there, strategy-wise.]

Game design wise, I really do not understand that specific part.

The good: New Xini has large, concentrated, fast-moving waves; you can go through each much faster than the old Xini or even ODD.  Great XP in a short amount of time.

The not-so-good: New Xini lacks challenge.  The waves exit from two narrow corridors and go straight for the pod.  If the players step back, they will be completely ignored by the mobs.  You can just sit and toss Penta nades or Castanas at the pod until everything dies, without worrying about being flanked.  The old Xini had no 'safe zone' for players to chill at; the infested came from all directions, even the containers behind you, and things could spiral out of control very fast.

Edited by vergol

Wait Xini is different? Last time I checked it was just akkad with fog. I should probably go check again that was a few weeks back.

(Unless you're talking way-way back as in CB way back.)

It's got a brand new infested ship defense tile.

hXBZpKY.jpg

It's got a brand new infested ship defense tile.

hXBZpKY.jpg

oooh. Okay.

That's pretty cool

Last time I went there when U14 went live it was just a standard Xini looking map with pink fog and I was disapointed.

Guess it wasn't supposed to be like that. Glad it looks different now >:D

I like the new map, it's more compact, and people got to stick together.

Actually I feel that the mobs are coming quicker, it actually takes me less time to finish a regular 15 waves, sometimes they get stucked but DE will fix that.

I think the new map is designed based on our play style, thank you DE.

The only truly objective problem with the new Xini (and Eris as a whole) is how much infested get bogged-down in the tight corridors and uneven ground.  This is a pretty big problem.

All of the other issues are matters or taste (e.g. the map is much easier than old Xini).

Old Xini was an absolute clustermess and I am all sorts of glad I will never ever have to touch it again. It had gone through many iterations and designers before I mainly ended up maintaining it and it was such a mess that even trivial fixes took ages to make. I wanted to re-do it from scratch several times but we never had time nor bandwidth for it.

I can understand looking back at it with teary eyes because of rose tinted old game flair googles, I think it was the first map I ever played in Warframe, but gameplay wise, art wise and maintenance wise it was far behind the pack and it should rest peacefully now.

Old Xini was wonderful to play - it has nothing to do with rose-coloured glasses because I played it right up until it was removed.

However, I fully empathize if it was painful to maintain someone else's botchy design. 

In that vein, please pass along that the new Xini defense suffers terribly from infested getting trapped or refusing to spawn.  I hope with the new map it is easier to fix those "trivial" matters.

The new eris is the most awesome tileset that has been added to the game since I've been playing on ps4 day 1. I don't see how it's possible some one could not like it! Oh well, each to their own!

Edit: my bad-- you said Xini- which I haven't actually seen since it was changed. I will have to check this out!

Edited by (PS4)Crackle2012

Old Xini was an absolute clustermess and I am all sorts of glad I will never ever have to touch it again. It had gone through many iterations and designers before I mainly ended up maintaining it and it was such a mess that even trivial fixes took ages to make. I wanted to re-do it from scratch several times but we never had time nor bandwidth for it.

I can understand looking back at it with teary eyes because of rose tinted old game flair googles, I think it was the first map I ever played in Warframe, but gameplay wise, art wise and maintenance wise it was far behind the pack and it should rest peacefully now.

i for one love the new map even the clipping issues with infested but that will get worked out in the long run, so i for one and happy and glad you re did the map thanks Killerkarpfen