Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Pvp Is So Fun...

pikaMINDBOMB

Aside from deciding who owns and taxes nodes most used for credit farming?

Well taxes only benefit the clan vault mostly not an individual player and the credit farming is relatively redundant because you can earn nearly as many credits by other means as well and there is no shortage of it. Exclusive cosmetic on the other hand is quite the opposite. Let us get back to the original topic and stop derailing. Shall we.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

Well taxes only benefit the clan vault mostly not an individual player and the credit farming is relatively redundant because you can earn nearly as many credits by other means as well and there is no shortage of it. Exclusive cosmetic on the other hand is quite the opposite.

Benefiting the clan more or less benefits the players in the clan, if only indirectly. Less hurt on your wallet when new things come out.

I agree though. DS are harmless. Oh no, the big bad alliance wants more creds from the node they own(not you).

DS's only benefit people, they don't take anything away from you. They can increase or reduce the rewards you get from that node, but the don't take away things you've earned.

Well taxes only benefit the clan vault mostly not an individual player and the credit farming is relatively redundant because you can earn nearly as many credits by other means as well and there is no shortage of it. Exclusive cosmetic on the other hand is quite the opposite. Let us get back to the original topic and stop derailing. Shall we.

Youre the one with the crowbar here

And clans leading nodes directly affect some of the best ways to get resources and credits and exp

Id say its kind of important

PVP badge? 

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET   -- reach 120 kills to unlock "conclave killer"  bah bah bah reach 5000 kills to unlock "conclave addict" 

10,000 kills to UNLOCK "CONCLAVE MASTER"

lol.

I get 3 conclave master badges then? woot! i want to put the 3rd one on my forehead.

well i still need 7.8k more kills for the 3rd but i'll be there soon

Youre the one with the crowbar here

And clans leading nodes directly affect some of the best ways to get resources and credits and exp

Id say its kind of important

Yeah some of the best ways but the benefit is really small compared to the normal means. If you are effective in the game, the influence of owning DS is almost none existent because you can get things very effectively regardless. But even if they would actually matter to some degree. You could still obtain stuff no matter which mode you prefer to play.

This is not the case with a mode specific exclusives however.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

I get 3 conclave master badges then? woot! i want to put the 3rd one on my forehead.

well i still need 7.8k more kills for the 3rd but i'll be there soon

30/70 win-lose ratio gets you the "Masochist" Badge

Yeah some of the best ways but the benefit is really small compared to the normal means. If you are effective in the game, the influence of owning DS is almost none existent because you can get things very effectively regardless. But even if they would actually matter to some degree. You could still obtain stuff no matter which mode you prefer to play.

This is not the case with a mode specific exclusives however.

DS are often the best and easiest ways

Its infested that give bonus EXP,Credits, and resources

The easiest faction giving the most (giving theyve been nicely buffed recently theyre still arguably the easiest faction)

30/70 win-lose ratio gets you the "Masochist" Badge

DS are often the best and easiest ways

Its infested that give bonus EXP,Credits, and resources

The easiest faction giving the most (giving theyve been nicely buffed recently theyre still arguably the easiest faction)

Again. The influence between doing those missions and normal missions is not very significant. It is a small % increase experience with one specific weapon type experience and all kills outside of that one specific type will not count as bonus experience. So we are talking about 4000 experience gained normally. In DS you get 400 extra experience if you used correct weapon type to get those kills with. So less than 14 kill benefit in experience in modes where you can kill nearly 500 in a single run. And the credits you obtain is maybe 1000k credits more in some occasions and sometimes you can get more from normal missions.

The only actually good thing in them is the resource boost which is usually instead of 5 samples of one resource, you get 6 on average. Again, relatively small increase.

Only in conflict situations will the battlepay money given be somewhat better but again. Most often than not, no one is able to set as good battlepay amounts like normal invasions can.

I do not think it is useful beating the dead horse any more than this.

Again. The influence between doing those missions and normal missions is not very significant. It is a small % increase experience with one specific weapon type experience and all kills outside of that one specific type will not count as bonus experience. So we are talking about 4000 experience gained normally. In DS you get 400 extra experience if you used correct weapon type to get those kills with. So less than 14 kill benefit in experience in modes where you can kill nearly 500 in a single run. And the credits you obtain is maybe 1000k credits more in some occasions and sometimes you can get more from normal missions.

The only actually good thing in them is the resource boost which is usually instead of 5 samples of one resource, you get 6 on average. Again, relatively small increase.

Only in conflict situations will the battlepay money given be somewhat better but again. Most often than not, no one is able to set as good battlepay amounts like normal invasions can.

I do not think it is useful beating the dead horse any more than this.

Youre using low level missions a an example here?

EXP boost goes a high as 30% on a faction thats easier to round up and kill in bulk than any other in the game

I dont know why youre underplaying this so much

Theres a reason why pluto is so popular for credits as well

The glory of a large, sonic-fast, solid gold rhino dancing you into a tennoCOMA can't be dampened by this speculation. I had a low gravity shootout/LONG knife fight with a frost, ending with us both bleeding out in nearly the same spot, racing to empty that CLIP. The blood and glory is painting my hands and dripping down my chin!

If you neglect the joy and majesty of brutal murder, you will never know that glory?

Also would like to suggest that the blood doesn't leave the field until the match is over.

Why does PvE care if there are PvP related rewards that are not weapons, frames, pets, or anything other than cosmetic? 

If PvP rewards are cosmetic only, they influence in the game in no way. 

The issue is that there aren't really PvE rewards (that are still obtainable).

The issue is that there aren't really PvE rewards (that are still obtainable).

SpectersOfLibertyBadge.png

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Specters_Of_Liberty_Badge

There have been plenty and will be more.

But i dont see where this is an issue? If they put in a badge for X amount of kills or battles or the like, I dont see the issue. If I did enough rescues, I got the above...

And it would still remain as so I imagine. 

But I am still not sure why PvP gained rewards make PvE players so nervous. 

There isnt much reason

Fear that PvP will take over when that wont happen is one thing

Another is throwing out any excuse to make DE think people dont want PvP

There isnt much reason

Fear that PvP will take over when that wont happen is one thing

Another is throwing out any excuse to make DE think people dont want PvP

Ah, gotcha. 

PvP will never take over this game. Never. But it makes a wonderful addition. 

Ah the fear of PvP... it motivates carebear stares so powerfully...

Youre using low level missions a an example here?

EXP boost goes a high as 30% on a faction thats easier to round up and kill in bulk than any other in the game

I dont know why youre underplaying this so much

Theres a reason why pluto is so popular for credits as well

No the example given is from the average to end level gameplay between let us say Ceres normal missions and Ceres Dark Sector missions gap in average runs. That is what I am talking about as it was the topic of our conversation before and why Dark Sector missions do not give much benefit in the end. They do, but very little.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

No the example given is from the average to end level gameplay between let us say Ceres normal missions and Ceres Dark Sector missions gap in average runs. That is what I am talking about as it was the topic of our conversation before and why Dark Sector missions do not give much benefit in the end. They do, but very little.

You used 10% as an example

Thats the kind of boost youll get at Venus

Pluto and Neptune and such give much more worth while boosts

SpectersOfLibertyBadge.png

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Specters_Of_Liberty_Badge

There have been plenty and will be more.

But i dont see where this is an issue? If they put in a badge for X amount of kills or battles or the like, I dont see the issue. If I did enough rescues, I got the above...

That was an event reward. Events, PvE, and PvP are generally considered separate things as you can't get Event specific rewards anymore no matter how much PvE content you play. I have already said that I wouldn't mind a badge for PvP. I just don't agree with anything bigger than that. PvP gated cosmetic armor attachments, skins, weapons? No, not going to agree with that.

There is the fact that PvE gets you pretty much everything else in the game as well

And PvP gets you tons of credits and ownership of a dark sector node which directly affect the PvE experience. 

That was an event reward. Events, PvE, and PvP are generally considered separate things as you can't get Event specific rewards anymore no matter how much PvE content you play. I have already said that I wouldn't mind a badge for PvP. I just don't agree with anything bigger than that. PvP gated cosmetic armor attachments, skins, weapons? No, not going to agree with that.

And PvP gets you tons of credits and ownership of a dark sector node which directly affect the PvE experience. 

Spamming the PvE side is what gets you credits

The PvP side is more for glory and fun than anything else

Now lets look at PvE

Every weapon, limited weapon,mod,limited mod,badge,frame,prime,gears

I dont see anything wrong with a PvP cosmetic by this scale

Spamming the PvE side is what gets you credits

The PvP side is more for glory and fun than anything else

Now lets look at PvE

Every weapon, limited weapon,mod,limited mod,badge,frame,prime,gears

I dont see anything wrong with a PvP cosmetic by this scale

The best way to get credits is affected by PvP.

Glory? What glory. PvE is also about fun.

Most weapons can also be acquired without actually participating in PvE (assuming you meet the mastery requirement). Same for frames, mods, and especially true of prime gear. Badges are exclusive to events, and cosmetics are either received via the market or via events with a few exceptions (the brokk hammer skin being one I think).

I disagree with PvP gating anything more than badges. Giving out free cosmetics to people who play PvP is just not something I'm going to agree with.

The best way to get credits is affected by PvP.

Glory? What glory. PvE is also about fun.

Most weapons can also be acquired without actually participating in PvE (assuming you meet the mastery requirement). Same for frames, mods, and especially true of prime gear. Badges are exclusive to events, and cosmetics are either received via the market or via events with a few exceptions (the brokk hammer skin being one I think).

I disagree with PvP gating anything more than badges. Giving out free cosmetics to people who play PvP is just not something I'm going to agree with.

Most can be obtained through plat is what youre trying to say?

And how many PvP cosmetics have even that option?

Nothing would be free so cut that talk out

You have to earn it just like you have to earn event cosmetics