The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Time For Environment 2.0

(PSN)Ignaaz

DE keep update so many things to keep us amaze but there is one thing that I think it has to be fix soon. The environment, the setting, the building or the level design, it has no live. It is a randomize hall, corridor, console room with a lot of covers, which is good for a shooting game. But it dose not convince that there is anyone live there.

It should tell the story and the culture of each faction via the environment. How they eat, how they sleep, what they do in everyday life it should reflect the level design. We should have a chance to break into their living quarters. I would like to see the room that is not relevent to war or objective such as garden, toilet, office, cafeteria, ward, Grineer modification room, Corpus Cloning room, library, market, town and the list go on. This will make us understand thier cultures and perhaps soke in the story.

I don't think it would need these really. Our goal is to destroy them and their ship, not go around and search for their diaries.

But still even the infested corpus ships look much more alive than the non infested versions its the little things like the loading bays or the moa assembly line that help bring the ship to life.

But still even the infested corpus ships look much more alive than the non infested versions its the little things like the loading bays or the moa assembly line that help bring the ship to life.

I think i know what you're saying... What you're asking is for less monotony... Comparing the Infested Corpus tileset to the Corpus and Grineer tilesets for example.

Yeah i can agree with that. I think the complex (or more complex) level design of the Infested Corpus is a step in the right direction - relative to what the Corpus and Grineer tilesets are like.

The Grineer Shipyards are pretty cool in their own way too... Seems the recent tilesets are deliberately more complex than the first tilesets

I would just like to see more layers of graphical FX to make them come alive more. You can do alot with post processing and physics (read : not more bloom) to give a greater impression of greater complexity of level design. I would personally like to see a bit more pixel based motion blur used during attacks to give that ninja feel, greater particles during energy attacks, larger muzzle flashes, greater motion in the characters (player bob), more shaking, tumbling when explosions are going off, more lense flare and particle effects for energy weapons (better and more powerful energy weapons rather than continuous) and more impact when enemys high by weapons. Would also like to see skeletal animations based on hit (e.g. drop to a knee when taken with a puncture weapons to the knee), more blood and bleeding if running away etc etc

Oh come now, you weren't around when the corpus ship tileset was all there was for months and months.

The very idea of seeing the sun in a tileset drove the community into a hype frenzy for ages.

Edited by DalaiLlama

How about DE fixed some more bugs before adding any more broken content?

How about you stop ranting?

You just made a statement that "any content DE will introduce will automatically be broken". I've read others of your topics, including the one you took a swing at a Moderator. Good going there.

And to the OP : Rather easy to demand more content because the current content bores you, because you have seen it too many times. Try EVE Online, with totally empty space and a few glowing clouds - which bug everyone and cause lag - or Borderlands, where we know the maps back to front after the second run. Even the mobs spawn exactly the same way, and other then moving about, the same groups are always in the same spots, much like all the MMO's. Even Firefall maps feel "samey" everywhere after a few runs. Blame your brain for that.

Maps here are not supposed to BE "entertaining" to see - other then Void secret parkour areas for the first couple of times - they are supposed to just be some cover for the bad guys, and non-linear paths to navigate. Starship tilesets aren't even supposed to be random, who the hell designs ships differently every time? Would you prefer exactly the same map every single time, with crew quarters in the SAME spot? Would you go there unless there was loot a second time? Of course not, so why the hell would you want them at all?

If you are expecting DE to just magically make tiles for the Vets who have seen everything, in a game that is F2P, you are expecting too much. There is no similar game to WF that does this.

The only way I could see it happen is for players to have some kind of map toolkit so we can make our own tiles Skyrim style and send them in, I can't see it happen any other way.

Edited by DSpite