The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Life And Death Of Wf: How The Tenno Lost Their Way

(PSN)kiddplay13

We are supposed to be honorable ninjas or something? Seems like I didn't read the memo then.

I always thought we are a bunch of rejected super human space mercenaries from day one when we only raided ships for the loot rather than for the greater good or only when the greater good aligns with looting. ^^

I'm not doing stuff without rewards, I'm not working for a space charity. Or at least I never saw things we did having a great impact on the solar system. Factions are still at war, people are still being enslaved by the Grineer and the Corpus still dominate all the trade market and other horrible things in the name of profit, while the Infested sit on the backburner and wait for their next outbreak.

That said OP is somewhat right about the Devs releasing overpowered weapons with too low mastery requirements. Many people get the OP stuff in the trade channel and skip out on the content to enter "endgame" directly. Seen too many MR3/4s running around fully equipped with Prime Frames and Boltor Primes and whatnot. Back when Prime stuff got introduced I could only dream about having them and now that stuff is handed out like free cookies overshadowing all the non-prime gear nobody cares about anymore.

I'd say anything prime related should be far off to MR10 and beyond and only non prime things below MR10 with stuff like the Soma still being MR8-9, with the exception of Prime Access stuff because those people paid for the convenience.

Edited by MeduSalem

well the only really ninja-inspired frames there are, are ash, loki and (call me crazy) rhino they all have an eastern feel to them(it looks like theyre wearing technocide-asian-clothing to me)

Im totoaly fine being a space paladin or pirate for example its just weird that DE sticks to the "Ninjas play free" slogan, since there were barely any "ninjas" to begin with :P

and weaponwise...well were supposed to be SPACE ninjas I think all weapons of warframe fit quite perfectly into that category

im a mirage 

im no ninja

im a magicion.

i summon discoballs of ouchs

and multiply like bunnies

EDIT:

WE ARE PLAYING WARFRAME

GET IT? WAR AND FRAMES N SHYT

with the dogs around sometimes i imagine miself as sum alaska mush mush man.

Edited by ritchelbaso

Nothing at all wrong with that ... even historical ronin varied in how steadfast they remained to their bushido

I have always thought that once the Orokin were gone, the Tenno were really ronins - not so much ninjas (serving a lord) or samurai (also servants)

Here's how I see it: the Tenno wake up, and all they have of their old lives are a few scraps of knowledge. Some of them embrace these scraps and try to return to their noble roots, and some of them turn their back on the past and find their own way.

Here's how I see it: the Tenno wake up, and all they have of their old lives are a few scraps of knowledge. Some of them embrace these scraps and try to return to their noble roots, and some of them turn their back on the past and find their own way.

That's naturally how things like that turn out. Some embrace it and some go off on their own.

Ignoring for just a moment that ninjas were mercenaries...

While I agree that OP prime weapons should be tied to a mastery rank...I don't care.  If someone wants to pay me a buncha plat for a Boltor Prime set, you can bet your &#! Imma take it!  Furthermore, it's not the weapon that makes the player, it's their skill with the weapon, I can safely say that I wouldn't be as good with the Boltor Prime(Which I got through hard work and farming, same as literally every single frame and weapon I have in this game) if I hadn't started off from the ground level and worked my way up.

What I'm sayin is such:  Newbies can buy the Boltor Prime or Orthos Prime or whatever, mine is special because I earned it AND I know I'll be better than them any day of the week with any weapon.  ...Ok, that's a straight up lie, I feel like I suck at this game sometimes, but the first part still stands.

When Warframe first started, it was heavily centered around Space Ninjas and their predecessor Ways. But with each additional Update we seem to stray further and further from this. Mastery Ranks, something that actually meant as a sign of experience, status symbol, hardwork, and dedication. This has changed due to overpowered weapons having lower and lower Mastery Rank requirements (Boltor Prime, Angstrum, Orthos Prime, etc.) the strive for Mastery has decreased greatly. I remain hopeful that the Focus System will restore this, but we'll never know until the day it arrives. With each Warframe we become more Mercenaries, than Space Ninja. We will become a Mass Effect clone by Update 16. I do not have a problem with the way things are going, I just fear we will lose what made us unique from the others. 

Wow, way to contradict yourself in an efficient way. "Mastery Ranks were a status symbol, but are useless because we don't get exclusive weapons". So, do you not know what "status symbol" means?

The number itself was a status symbol, not the weapons you carried

And yet you bring up the weapons in reference to how they aren't related to Mastery Rank. So when I said "You contradicted yourself", you could have just said "Yep" in that obnoxious blue font.

it's not that where turning into a ME clone it's that the changes seem to give us less choice and more time sinks / grind with every patch , the last  one took away our color scheme 

and it now takes 3 hours to change to a diff kubrow   - and hope u like how it looks cause u can't ever change it anymore 

it's not that where turning into a ME clone it's that the changes seem to give us less choice and more time sinks / grind with every patch , the last  one took away our color scheme

You can toggle that, you know.

Except the Kubrow.

That you can just shrug and go, "Oh well. Life sucks, S#&$ happens."

When Warframe first started, it was heavily centered around Space Ninjas and their predecessor Ways. But with each additional Update we seem to stray further and further from this. Mastery Ranks, something that actually meant as a sign of experience, status symbol, hardwork, and dedication. This has changed due to overpowered weapons having lower and lower Mastery Rank requirements (Boltor Prime, Angstrum, Orthos Prime, etc.) the strive for Mastery has decreased greatly. I remain hopeful that the Focus System will restore this, but we'll never know until the day it arrives. With each Warframe we become more Mercenaries, than Space Ninja. We will become a Mass Effect clone by Update 16. I do not have a problem with the way things are going, I just fear we will lose what made us unique from the others. 

for the many players who wont be here a year from now (lets be honest, a month from now) you are just wasting your time. The instant gratification crowd has infested our game, gotten what they wanted, they will be gone soon and the rest of us will have to deal with the remains

as usual in any other game