Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Theory Regarding The Whole Tenno-Energy-Being Topic

After thinking for a while, I thought about how some things in the anime bleach work. One of the main characters had a bow made out of pure energy, and when he put on a special glove it caused the energy to become so dense it became a solid object.

So I'm thinking it works kind of like that. The Tenno are energy beings, they're just so dense that they're solid.

I think Vor was just using figurative language.

Or he's crazy 'cause of the Anus Key he has.

EDIT:

Maybe Vor does know something about the Void, because the Neural Sentry probably brainwashed him to the extent where he can see the Void's "Secrets"  *cough* KnowingTheLocationOfOrokinKittiesTM *cough*

Edited by Noxonion

I think Vor is crazy and even his own people doubt he knows what he is on about with all his obsessions with mysticism.  Even if he wasn't intentionally being figurative, why should we believe what he says?  He's a nutter!  If I believed every crazy person that spoke to me then one of the people that lives near my work is the reincarnation of Adam, Jesus, Santa Claus and a variety of other key religious figures from multiple religions.  Also, the city councils of three different cities have banded together to go out of their way to ruin the life of one specific woman.  It's not just that she's mental and can't fill out a form properly.

Oh god... it's THAT thread again...

People really need to start reading the forums for similar threads before posting "Yet another thread about X-Y-Z"

This thread is supposed to be in GD (General Discussion) for sure.

EDIT 'cause I messed up bad.

Edited by Noxonion

Let me put an end to all these topics.

Mass = Energy

Technically, even humans are made of energy.  Even that rock over there is comprised of so much energy, your mind couldn't comprehend it

The end.

So close! Energy = Mass X The Speed of light² or Mass = Energy / The Speed of light²

Or: E=MC² (just to be really anal about it)

But we're made out of Matter, which contains energy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass%E2%80%93energy_equivalence

or http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass%E2%80%93energy_equivalence#Mass-energy_equivalence If that one's too complex.

Vor was speaking in riddles and metaphors. He was brainwashed by the Neural Sentry and Janus key.

Tenno bleed and breathe. You can see them breathing in levels with ice hazards, and turning off life support can kill them.

ZeroJackdaw came up with a very interesting and viable idea as to what is underneath a Warframe, horrid, twisted amalgamations of flesh with a suit molded around them.

Scroll down and look for the spoiler with "Tenno Unmasked".

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/282141-kubrow-prepare-to-daww-edition-puppy-sketches-zerojackdaws-art-stroopwafels/

Edited by Gammaion

I'm still unable to comprehend how the hell people take one sentence so literally that they override their own common sense, all other contradictory information (literally everything else in warframe) and act like they have never even encountered a person use figurative language or prose.

How old are you people? How many English/literature classes have you taken? How extensive is you reading? How much experience do you have with non ham-fisted fiction?

Noone knows anything about what they are.

All information we know can change.

I wouldn't say that we know nothing about the Tenno. We know little, but definitely not nothing.

We know that the Powers each Tenno has come from their own body, and not from their Warfame. (My theory is that Warframes are used to focus that power, and provide protection. Flesh is still flesh, and you can still die if you can bleed.)

We know that Tenno have spines, and therefore they have a nervous system, and therefore have a body made of flesh. Or, at least something similar to flesh.

They grab their heads when the mind control thingy almost reaches their spine, because they got a headache from the mind control Vor put on them. Beings made of pure energy wouldn't need to do this.

And if they were made of energy, then the mind control device wouldn't have worked.

Vor stated that it's purpose was to reach the spine, and then control you. From this I gather that it was designed to control things with a body. You can't make a mind-control device that works for humans/living things made of flesh/whatever species the tenno are and expect them to work on beings made of energy. Vor wouldn't even attempt to make a mind control device if he didn't know if it was even possible. You have to know how a certain species works if you want to mess around with their free will.

These topics make all the cavemen come out and scream "but tenno have boobs and bleed! they must be human!" its so frustrating and annoying... some people just can't think beyond their limited experiences. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Race_of_Yith

We say this because this is what all the evidence we currently have suggests, not because we have a limited imagination.

They might have been human before the void corrupted them, but right now? They have a human shape. They have masculine and feminine traits. They retain some personality ( Ash crossing his arms, Mag playing with Kunai, Ember scratching her back ). We also know for a fact that they have a spine.

Vor was speaking in riddles and metaphors. He was brainwashed by the Neural Sentry and Janus key.

Tenno bleed and breathe. You can see them breathing in levels with ice hazards, and turning off life support can kill them.

ZeroJackdaw came up with a very interesting and viable idea as to what is underneath a Warframe, horrid, twisted amalgamations of flesh with a suit molded around them.

Scroll down and look for the spoiler with "Tenno Unmasked".

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/282141-kubrow-prepare-to-daww-edition-puppy-sketches-zerojackdaws-art-stroopwafels/

Honestly, that thread provides what I think is closest to being canon. Also great art.

Theorizing / speculation / trying to make sense of a theory and saying of a madman given the lore we have :

IF they are energy, it helps explain why they can switch Warframes / bodies so liberally.

Also, since Warframes are built, then it might be worth considering that the Warframe itself could be considered a body with actual vital functions but no will or, if you prefer, a puppet that is then animated by the Tenno's own willpower. And when not used, those 'bodies' are kept in stasis.

Perhaps one of the changes brought from the void was that their original bodies ended up being animated by their energy and will instead of the complex process where the brain moves the body through neural stimulus; the void maybe 'split' that connection, leaving the Tenno 'will' to be able to inhabit another body and activate the stimuli needed to make it function. In turns, the mention of "Warframes built around them" might mean their original bodies were used to create the original Warframes (perhaps the Prime variants?) while their consciousness could move between them as needed.

Much in the same manner that the Neural Sentry controls the bodies of the corrupted in the Void Towers, the Tenno might be individually controlling their Warframe using a mean similar to the Neural Sentry. And while the Neural Sentry might be able to split its awareness to multiple bodies simultaneously at once, the Tenno might just be able to have control of one such body at a time.

Later on, it's possible that technology and science advanced enough to be able to create artificial bodies which were made directly into Warframes (the standard Warframes + the newer, unprimed sort like Nova and Hydroid), that is bodies without any sort of will or consciousness that are used as base to build a Warframe with then later inhabited by a Tenno for the purpose of combat. The 'Naked Nicks' might merely be simple artificial bodies used by Tenno for the purpose of being able to go into stasis if they didn't have time or access to a combat body (Warframe) to be sent into stasis with.

And it's possible that while the Tenno (the energy) has taken control of a body that their perception and survivability is also tied to the current state of the medium (the Warframe) itself. Thus, for a Tenno to be able to 'sleep' in stasis, he would need his medium to be put in stasis which leads them to be similarly affected.

And since every Warframe sports different kinds of powers, it's possible it is the Warframe itself which shapes the form of the power the Tenno exudes; their energy could be the fuel, the body the engine and the engine determines the kind of output pushing energy through it gives.

Against, this is speculation and theorizing.

Edited by Wiegraf

Yes what Wiegraf said so much.

I'm not saying the theory that Tenno are trans-humanist body swapping consciousness is correct, but this is obviously what people mean when they say they are "Energy" I don't think people saying this literally mean the Warframes are constructed out of energy or that the Warframes are hollow with a ghost inside of them. The frames are obviously organic and have a body inside them, there's just things in game that point to the Tenno being something completely different than the frames. And hence the theory.