Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Misleading In-Store Ad For Dendra Armour.

Dubblicious

I disagree with your point on the original was hard to see, I think it is the contrary, the new version is hard to see.

From the sound of it, and timing of this thread, you never saw the original. It was very hard to see, and that was why they changed it to use a pattern.

I think is look a bit better than it first came out.

When it first came out it looks just like in the ads on the market.

I like it but I have to admitted that it look cheap (just a random noise hologram).

32yrgXD.jpg

Now it has the corpus art style hologram, it looks better imho (but the emitter still look undetailed).

nJnsdBc.jpg

*It will glow more if you taking hit or channelling.

wEXb9yX.jpg

Edited by warf2013

From the sound of it, and timing of this thread, you never saw the original. It was very hard to see, and that was why they changed it to use a pattern.

I stated in other replies that I had bought it when it came out , on the day it came out in fact, so yeah, I did see it.

The guy has a point. I have yet to purchase any armor because they have yet to impress plus they are stat-less. I see the ones that people have bought...No thank you. The market pic looks awesome but the in-game version...not so much. I WILL admit that yesterday I saw someone running an all black Ash wearing red dendra armor...It did look pretty cool... So maybe the color scheme may help?

This.  I am usually a sucker for cosmetic items, but the ones in Warframe are unimpressive.  They have no stats and they are not visually impressive either.  A tiny little protrusion on the chest doesn't cut it.

The one with the big tail attached it the only one that comes close to being acceptable, but I personally don't like it because the little flapping wings on it look silly.  They would have been cooler if they were static.

I would like to see some cosmetics that completely change the look of the warframes.  Give me a Volt helmet that makes him look like a blue elf (Think X-Men's Nightcrawler).  Give me a helmet that makes Rhino look like he is wearing an actual Rhinos head.  Give me a helmet that makes Nova look like a cute anime girl.  Then I might consider dropping some platinum on them.

I think is look a bit better than it first came out.

When it first came out it looks just like in the ads on the market.

I like it but I have to admitted that it look cheap (just a random noise hologram).

32yrgXD.jpg

Now it has the corpus art style hologram, it looks better imho (but the emitter still look undetailed).

nJnsdBc.jpg

*It will glow more if you taking hit or channelling.

wEXb9yX.jpg

While I appreciate everyone's opinion on whether it looks better or not, or even how to make the Dendra Armour look better, the point I am making is that the ad needs to change if they are planning on staying with the new look or revert to the old look. Personally I think it looked better and DE may think that too, or at the very least they think the ad looks better since it does stand out more, but it is misleading to the people who do purchase Dendra Armour now, they are not going to get what they pay for. I think it sucks that I payed for something and then it is changed and I do not like it. DE can change stuff and there is nothing I can do but complain about the bait and switch. And that sucks, but I think it is worse that the ad is still up showcasing the old Dendra Armour and some sucker is going to buy it thinking that is what they are getting.

ACTUALLY - when it first came out it was better than the changed version. It had a color hue, a fog to it. They changed it to make it look like a piece of colorless plexi-glass, which DOES NOT look better than the first version because you CANT SEE IT.

And addressing any comments of DE's right to change stuff the way they see fit - you cannot get around consumer protection law with a "Statement" or a "statement of waiver". Consumers cannot agree to waive rights, either (its been tried and it has yet to stand up in court). You, as a consumer (at least in America, I don't know what you other countries do...) have a right to the product that was advertised, promoted and in anyway promised to you in the fashion it was presented when you purchased it and for that function. 

Would you purchase a refrigerator and upon being delivered a toaster instead say, "Well Frigidaire has the right to do whatever they want, so that's what I get..."??? Or if you purchased a blue car and the dealership tows your blue car away out of your driveway, replacing it with a pink one... You have the same rights here - DE is really in a vulnerable position changing products after purchase like they have done - the only reason they haven't gotten in trouble about it is because nobody has gone after them. Truth be told, they owe the people who are unsatisfied a refund and those people can easily legally enforce that if they follow through with it.

Any rights DE has to change things as they see fit are limited to their free offerings - as far as the things we pay for, WE have the right to get what we expected and the functionality that we were promised at time of purchased (directly or indirectly).

Edited by magusat999

-snip-

Not trying to bog this thread down in a legal discussion, but that's not technically correct. EULA agreements have been legal (in the US at least) for a while now, and while some of the various forms of it are not protected, DE's is because you can read it before you download the software. Software law is a bit of a murky area right now, but as of 2014 where we stand is that when you agree to the EULA you agree to all the terms and conditions on it. It's essentially a liability waiver. If the laws are similar in Canada, then they can do whatever they want to their software without legal repercussions. 

it's pretty cool to me but yes, the energy colors could use some work in a lot of areas not just these. For instance I can't see black energy colors at all when I use them in game, which kind of sucks.

When I used red it was a little better than other colors, still say better in the dark though, but that is to be expected::

nekrosarmor.png

nekrosarmor1.png

*sigh*

This thread again.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/28-open-beta-agreement-read-me/

Read number 4.

You have no entitlement to anything.

Yes, I agree that they should change the image, but that does not mean you deserve a refund.

So instead of just issuing a refund, and resolidifying consumer confidence, we'll just point at fine print and say "too bad"

Great way to inspire people to open their wallets again when their plat runs dry, especially when we're dealing with digital goods, and most likely outsourced tech support (or interns)

So instead of just issuing a refund, and resolidifying consumer confidence, we'll just point at fine print and say "too bad"

Great way to inspire people to open their wallets again when their plat runs dry, especially when we're dealing with digital goods, and most likely outsourced tech support (or interns)

Right, you didn't even ask for a refund. you're drawing wild conclusions. go ask for a refund and then come back and talk crap LOL