Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Spectra And Aklato

PeanutMonster

Lato for damage, Aklato for speed and capacity. What's the problem here? I suppose a slight buff couldn't hurt though.

The problem is this: see the fire rate of Aklato? Now try to click 19 times per second constantly. See the fire rate of single Lato? Clicking 15 times per second is still a challenge if you try to do it constantly. Aklato also has twice the reload speed, so the extra capacity isn't that much of an improvement. Aklato has lower damage per bullet, which is the root of this problem.

Edited by PeanutMonster

The problem is this: see the fire rate of Aklato? Now try to click 19 times per second constantly. See the fire rate of single Lato? Clicking 15 times per second is still a challenge if you try to do it constantly. Aklato also has twice the reload speed, so the extra capacity isn't that much of an improvement.

It also doesn't make that Aklato is that much weaker either. There's no balancing going on and no consistency, especially when you have guns like Vasto, Lex and Magnus that gets some obvious stats increased (and same base damage) in exchange for reload speed and accuracy.

The problem is this: see the fire rate of Aklato? Now try to click 19 times per second constantly. See the fire rate of single Lato? Clicking 15 times per second is still a challenge if you try to do it constantly. Aklato also has twice the reload speed, so the extra capacity isn't that much of an improvement.

Maybe so, but we need balance when it comes to weapons like these. Buff it too much and there will be no reason to use a Lato or a Heat Sword instead of Aklato or Dual Heat Swords, just an example. Like I said a small buff couldn't hurt much but it shouldn't be a straight upgrade from Lato in my opinion.

Edited by CapricaSix

Balance for a starter weapon like Aklato and a research weapon like Spectra to be really weak? Why?

Balance for the sake of keeping Lato alive. I agree it's pretty ridiculous if you actually compare its efficiency to Akvasto or anything else. I'm just referring to the "set weapons".

I don't have any opinion on Spectre, seemed decent enough to me as it is, just a bit of an ammo hog.

Actually come to think of it.. Bolto and Akbolto seems to have the same amount of damage output, only differences are fire rate and capacity along with reload times. I guess they never intended to make these unique after all, just straight upgrades much like vandals and primes :/ oh well. Buff away.

Edited by CapricaSix

It's not just the dps that's the problem with the spectra, it also only has 15 metres of range, has a status chance per second, takes a forma to build, has no polarities and is extremely ammo inefficient. You'd think a gun with that many drawbacks would have some kind of redeeming qualities but it really doesn't.

In damage 1.0 it would do the same damage unranked as it does now with hornet strike, barrel diffusion and lethal torrent.