Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nami Skyla Underrated?

Rockeye

Topic says all. I think its a "good weapon" because of the insane slide damage it has to offer. And lets be honest : The slide attack is the most used attack type in WF after M 2.0

Is it just me or is there someone out there who thinks the same?

Their base attack damage is, as you say, "meh". That slide damage kinda makes up for it, but it's a situational manoeuvre at the best of times.

They look great, but I often find myself taking something like Dual Ichor or Serro these days.

It is. Underrated that is. It's actually one of the best dual swords available.

The only thing arguably equivalent or better is the dual kamas. There's a weapon that is FAR underrated. Granted, its material costs are clownshoes, but when it comes to slide attacks, it's devastating.

As for stances...who cares? Who really uses stances with melee? No one; not if you're smart. Melee is still vastly inferior to guns (unless your name happens to be Valkyr), so asking who has the best stance is like asking who has the best bowel movement. It stinks no matter whose it is.  

Slide attacks are good, but I am not sure that I will just spam the maneuver and have it as a replacement to my Dakra Prime + C.D.. I would use the slide attacks for quick dmg and mobility. Nami Skyla definitely fills in the dmg part, and can be considered using more as a utility weapon for life steal and such. As for a replacement to normal melee, I'm not too sure.

I use slide attack fairly often, it's good for a really fast attack on an unsuspecting enemy be it tenno or otherwise. That's also why I enjoy the high amount of slide attack dmg, I'm in a survival and see a heavy I can quickly slide launch and take them out fast before they become an issue.

It is. Underrated that is. It's actually one of the best dual swords available.

The only thing arguably equivalent or better is the dual kamas. There's a weapon that is FAR underrated. Granted, its material costs are clownshoes, but when it comes to slide attacks, it's devastating.

As for stances...who cares? Who really uses stances with melee? No one; not if you're smart. Melee is still vastly inferior to guns (unless your name happens to be Valkyr), so asking who has the best stance is like asking who has the best bowel movement. It stinks no matter whose it is.  

Saying that melee is vastly inferior to guns is narrow minded. While melee 2.0 isn't fully fleshed out yet melee has taken a huge step up in terms of viability. Most stances are useful for giving you options, often providing at least one high dps combo that outshines the standard eee combo. You also have mobility combos and knockdown combos. I don't get your statement though. How can you say that the nami skyla, & dual kama's are underrated then turn around and undervalue the stance system? It's hypocritical! 

Saying that melee is vastly inferior to guns is narrow minded. While melee 2.0 isn't fully fleshed out yet melee has taken a huge step up in terms of viability. Most stances are useful for giving you options, often providing at least one high dps combo that outshines the standard eee combo. You also have mobility combos and knockdown combos. I don't get your statement though. How can you say that the nami skyla, & dual kama's are underrated then turn around and undervalue the stance system? It's hypocritical! 

True, but remember, it's only a step. I'm still not gonna risk going in all melee with squishy frames when I could just shoot safely from afar. Melee still has a long way to go. Also, without using the throwable melee weps, hitting boss' weak points and ospreys is gonna be a pain.

Melee has come a long ways, but it's still inferior to guns--if for no other reason than keeping things at a relatively safe distance.

I don't use melee as a primary damage means for the simple reasons of it a) doesn't do as much damage as guns, b) exposes you too much to enemies' control abilities, and c) it wastes time. So, yeah, compared to guns it isn't all that, even for Valkyr.

It still has its place and can be effective, but it's not a substitute for guns and stance require equipping a weapon that is limited in its ability to be employed by virtue of being melee only. Throw in the time it takes to equip and de-equip the weapons in what is a very proactive game, and you have an inferior method of fighting. For what I need melee for the fast melee more than suffices. For anything else, I go to guns.

Will it change more? Probably, especially if we complain enough. But as it stands now, it's still the weakest of the three weapon types we have.

Melee damage doesn't scale as high as gun damage. With the two +damage mods, the most melee will scale to is +220%, while with the two +damage mods guns will scale to +330%. That's not counting elementals either.

I think they've been very appropriately rated, really.

Visually, I don't care for the illuminated edges of the weapon at all.  I liked the illuminated edges of the Machete and Cleavers because they were obviously a separate piece of superheated metal, with little tech bits and wiringsy sorta things, so some glow looked appropriately addressed.

Nami Skyla, and Nami Solo, though?  They glow for no reason.  They glow just because.

The only thing to mitigate it is by making the edge a very dark black.

So it underperforms as a weapon - particularly a weapon that is Clan Research and requires a Forma to build - and it's not what I, for one, am looking for in a space pirate ninja bountyhunter cutlass, with a wavy dagger.

Edited by (PS4)Hooligantuan

I much prefer Nami Skyla to Dual Ichor. Why? Because Dual Ichor look like a nasty pair of fleshy slivers with pulsating globules of grim. Nami Skyla on the other hand, look awesome. :P

What's wrong with the Dual Ichors looking like that? D:

They are kinda nasty looking. They do bring the pain, though.

I've been tempted to deep six the Ichors in favor of the Zorens just because of looks. Still, that would require a potato for less performance overall, and I'm hesitant to do it, even for eye-candy. When Valkyr whips out her radiation/viral Ichors in the face of the G3, you can almost see the fear in their beady little eyes. Much harder to get that damage combo on the Zorens, at least with equivalent damage.

More seriously, Ichors/Zorens have a different niche than the other dual sword stance weapons. Their crit rate allow the easy and effective use of Berzerker, where the others don't have the crit rate to keep the stacks up for any length of time.