Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Ships Should Have Rats, And Phobos Sarlacc Pits!

OrphanMaker

Have anyone played on the grineer galleon and noticed how much of a old dump it is. Its old with stained cracked walls. I for one like it!

So one day while playing on one I though "wouldn't it be great if the ship had some type of wildlife, the trash bin on the imperial ships in star wars!" Then I though it would be great if the grineer galleon ships was plagued with rats! It would be funny and would add to the immersion. The rats would have to be big, veracious, and live in the airducts. They would come out and attack players, "when they least suspect it!".

movies_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_gall

^mutant monster rats.

Edited by OrphanMaker

Please no... too many games have rats. I hate the mention of them >.<

well that's probably because where there are people there are vermin. It only makes sense that there would be some sort of interstellar vermin on board ships. 

How would you feel about space lizards?

Rats and space squid sound good. I want to play out the Star Wars trash compacter as a level.

Maybe an occasional massive space worn, a Sentient and Orokin would make my day as little surprises.

Stalker, Zanuka and the Grustrag Three just aren't fulfilling surprises if you get a message saying "Hey, I'm going to drop by and break some stuff soon, so watch out!'. That, and they are easily predictable, we need something completely new and interesting.

well that's probably because where there are people there are vermin. It only makes sense that there would be some sort of interstellar vermin on board ships. 

How would you feel about space lizards?

How would vermin get on a space ship though?

How would vermin get on a space ship though?

on a normal spaceship I would question this as well, but have you LOOKED at the Grineer ones? they look like they were made out of old rusty repurposed submarines! From the losing side! I wouldn't be surprised if a Grineer was keeping one of the vermin as a pet and it escaped and reproduced by budding or something.

on a normal spaceship I would question this as well, but have you LOOKED at the Grineer ones? they look like they were made out of old rusty repurposed submarines! From the losing side! I wouldn't be surprised if a Grineer was keeping one of the vermin as a pet and it escaped and reproduced by budding or something.

I would assume that even though they're all Grineer-y they're not dumb enough to just let anyone bring any old thing on to a military vessel. I could see malfunctioning repair robots or something filling the same role though.

I would assume that even though they're all Grineer-y they're not dumb enough to just let anyone bring any old thing on to a military vessel. I could see malfunctioning repair robots or something filling the same role though.

Come on someone would smuggle on rats, either on purpose or by mistake.

Now, stop trying to ruin the fun vaugahn, every where I go your there to ruin the fun. Space rats are fun!

As is the video below:

Now, stop trying to ruin the fun vaugahn, every where I go your there to ruin the fun. Space rats are fun!

As is the video below:

Oh no, I think you got me wrong...tileset-specific random encounters is an awesome idea, I'd just switch them around a little. Have rats or whatever other animal on the ceres tileset instead of the galleon tileset. 

As is the video below:

Or a different creature that becomes a space vermin. The sky is the limit!

also that video is fun XD

Or a different creature that becomes a space vermin. The sky is the limit!

also that video is fun XD

My Idea is there are a lot of little veracious space rats on the grineer galleon. They would be 1/3 the size of a feral Kubrow. They are veracious and attack in mobs. When you kill enough of them a really big one, the size of a grineer lancer, appears and start to attack you. Also not all grineer galleon would be infested. Just a good 1/4 you encounter are filled with rats.

Monster-Rat-843432.jpg

Edited by OrphanMaker

My Idea is there are a lot of little veracious space rats on the grineer galleon. They would be 1/3 the size of a feral Kubrow. They are veracious and attack in mobs. When you kill enough of them a really big one, the size of a grineer lancer, appears and start to attack you. Also not all grineer galleon would be infested. Just a good 1/4 you encounter are filled with rats.<picture snip>

so like a random event similar to the fire and ice hazards. Could be really cool.

Vermin could easily get onboard ships by sneaking onboard shuttles.

Otherwise, maybe something could slip in during Rail transit? Traveling through the Void could attract all sorts of bizarre space-hell pests.

I would pay money to fight 40k-style void daemons.

Vermin could easily get onboard ships by sneaking onboard shuttles.

Otherwise, maybe something could slip in during Rail transit? Traveling through the Void could attract all sorts of bizarre space-hell pests.

If they would be ethereal daemons! Heck, I'm all for that!

XMen122.jpg

+

DemonSpies4.jpg

THE MOUSE WILL CRUISE AROUND IN LITTLE CARS AND PHOBOS WILL GET A SARLACC PIT

Phobos would look great with a Sarlacc pit. Maybe plenty of sarlacc pits. I can see it now, fighting on top of those metal walk ways, and knocking grineer off into a Sarlacc pit underneaft it. Heck we already have Boba Fett (Hellions) now we just need the Sarlacc pits. Then it is complete.

Edited by OrphanMaker