The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auxiliary Weapons | 4Th Weapon Slot

Ittia

Considering the exaggerated launcher nerf coming out way, I thought I would suggest a 4th weapon slot. Why? Because launchers will soon be a waste of a primary weapon slot. 

A primary weapon is your primary weapon, and should always be ready to kick some &#!. However, with the low ammo the launchers will have, that is no longer the case. It'll be a complete waste of a primary slot. So here's why we should get the Auxiliary weapon slot. 

- Can have a good weapon load out without sacrificing your primary for a launcher. 

- Can nerf the launchers without any drawbacks, as they'll be weapons which will only be used occasionally. 

- More guns, more fun. 

Drawbacks: 

- DE will need to make new animations. 

- Edit the UI. 

- New mods for Auxiliary weapons.

Thoughts?

The nerf doesn't really affect the launchers. You can refill ALL your ammo by couple of ammo pickups, usually during long defenses there are HUNDREDS of them on the ground. I will still continue using launchers and Angstrum, I don't care about the nerfs.

Edited by PeanutMonster

Considering the exaggerated launcher nerf coming out way, I thought I would suggest a 4th weapon slot. Why? Because launchers will soon be a waste of a primary weapon slot.

That's not a fact, but a simple opinion. Launchers having the Sniper Ammo pool is plenty enough. The only launcher I'm concerned about is the Torid, even with the upcoming buff, but that remains to be tested.

The nerf doesn't really affect the launchers. You can refill ALL your ammo by couple of ammo pickups, usually during long defenses there are HUNDREDS of them on the ground. I will still continue using launchers and Angstrum, I don't care about the nerfs.

^

ammo pool switched to sniper ammo....so 10 per pick up

also if you have a carrier....it will be an ammo @#&*(...so id i were using a 5 shot ogris....reload once when i fire one or two shots....carrier will eat the ammo

whenever i use carrier with a bullet eating gun (i.e. not grakata....but boltor prime) at the end of long defenses and survivals i still do not have enough ammo pick up for boltor prime

same issue occurs with ogris and penta....but penta...most people launch several pellets...and even that isnt enough to kill targets in defenses and survivals that last for awhile

imo is a well deserved nerf - launchers as they where had nearly infinite ammo supply. you cant carelessly shot whenever and/or whatever you want.

What justifies not being able to do so with a launcher that time and effort was put into Forma'ing, Catalyzing, and Crafting but and automatic weapon that had the same amount of effort put in?

The "ridiculous ammo efficiency" of launchers only applied to launchers which modded up and Forma'ed to a rather strong point, which not everyone with a launcher has

The point is, "shot whenever and/or whatever you want", bad grammar aside, is a "luxury/privilege" that comes when you put so many materials and ranked up mods into a weapon that it is capable of doing so. 

Without said effort, you can't just "shot whenever and/or whatever you want" with any weapon, launcher, automatic, semi-automatic, shotgun, etc. 

With said effort, you can do the same. I didn't just "shot whenever and/or whatever you want" with my six Forma Penta, I did the same with my three Forma Paris P, five Forma Marelok, four Forma Boltor P and Soma. Even with the terrible ammunition economy of Amprex, I do the same, because the effort and materials I put into it makes it possible. It's common knowledge that Amprex is, like Soma, a terrible weapon until the addition of several Forma so you can fit the essential mods onto these weapons to make them more viable, and they are perfect examples of why I can shoot at whatever the hell I bloody damn please, because it's not only the weapon, but the fact the player invested materials into it.

The "ridiculous ammo efficiency" of launchers only applied to launchers which modded up and Forma'ed to a rather strong point, which not everyone with a launcher has

Huh? I've never bothered to Forma a launcher beyond once because they don't need it. I've never run out of ammo for one. I'm not even sure how someone could.

Edited by ValhaHazred