Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammo Nerf Protest

TX10000

Simple. 

They fire at the enemies around you. 

You seem to assume that without launchers, everyone is so weak that they can't do anything with out.

You are horribly wrong.

Get to wave 50 without any, then we talk.

Again, you ruined the joke...

That's why you got melee weapons. 

You are too touchy with all the joke stuff, don't know why.

So now you switch to the melee weps. Not only it enforces my original point - no motivation for obtaining these weps anymore, but I can easily imagine that one day the devs will wake up again and will nerf even that.

Well i have been to the link you proposed there are 3 pages of posts, how many ppl were involved in that discussion then? Where are the rest 17k+ ppl (from steam statistics)?

I assume most of them are from the large percentage of the playerbase don't frequent the forums at all, and thus didn't know about it.

Fact is that the launcher and Grakata's ammo reserve issue plus the sniper rebalance have been mentioned since quite some time. These changes didn't come out of left field.

Heck, even back then folks knew that the Ogris having virtually limitless ammo isn't going to stay like that forever.

Edited by Shion963

Get to wave 50 without any, then we talk.

Nobody cares. Game is not balanced around that. People have been telling you that DE has said that the game is not balanced around that. Nerf is pushing game into the boundaries of what the devs are actually aiming for. They really don't care if the collateral of their re-balancing makes it impossible to do 50 waves or more.

Oh! I didnt realize you were one of those people who stand on ledges on ODD alone....... That explains why you keep running out of ammo.. Maybe you should pick your targets, jump in for melee and and use your secondary..  But hey, whatever floats your boat!

Thats what I've been saying but people forgot that secondaries exist. Unless its a brakk.

Use your pistol for a few single targets and save ammo for large groups/tough targets.

Its their sole function after all.

You are too touchy with all the joke stuff, don't know why.

So now you switch to the melee weps. Not only it enforces my original point - no motivation for obtaining these weps anymore, but I can easily imagine that one day the devs will wake up again and will nerf even that.

When you run out of ammo. 

You go in with melee to get some.

is that so hard to understand?

When you run out of ammo. 

You go in with melee to get some.

is that so hard to understand?

Op just falls into the category of players that hate all change and don't like to move from their ledge evidently.

Personally I find playing a game where everything is dead because of that dude with an ogris boring to play. but thats just me.

Now it wont be an issue so much, in fact I will welcome the tenno wielding an ogris with open arms because he will be more likely to use it when needed, potentially saving our butts or preventing a sticky situation.

I assume most of them are from the large percentage of the playerbase don't frequent the forums at all, and thus didn't know about it.

Fact is that the launcher and Grakata's ammo reserve issue plus the sniper rebalance have been mentioned since quite some time. These changes didn't come out of left field.

Heck, even back then folks knew that the Ogris having virtually limitless ammo isn't going to be a temporary thing.

So it's the classical "the plans have been on the display since 2 months ago", my answer is also very classical "i had to go to the cellar"; If the only thing on my mind and hands would be paying attention to warframe, you'd be right. But because the ppl playing are having other occupations as well, being serious at this point is simply too arrogant.

Also how does 3 pages of posts (let's say it would = 20 different ppl [i am very optimistic]) how does this relate to the 17k+ active players? It's not even 1% of those.

I believe the hate that I mentioned proves that wrong.

Well since you guys are referring to ODD so much, lets take that on a scenario. During high waves, theres isnt just a few ancients, they are among hundreds of other infested units. A simple 3 hits might sound easy to ONE target, but try that on every one, not to mention that ammo doesn't guarantee to drop and also the fact that they can defend themselves. By the time you even get half of them down, the pod is already gone.

What does that have to do with anything?

Well your question is exactly what i ask about your previous response. How does slaying of 1 ancient lvl 55 prove that launchers are not needed in when you are crowded with these (ancients) and others? It is irrelevant. Gratz.

Are you running low on penta ammo? Can't find anymore one the battle field? THEN USE THE AMMO DRUM!!!!

av2Lv5s.png

THE BEST IN AMMO DEFENCES!!

IT CAN GIVE YOU MORE AMMO, WOW!!!

IT CAN.....WELL THAT'S IT CAN DO.......BUT WOW!!!!!

SO IF YOU NEED AMMO THEN GO TO YOU'RE NEAREST MISSION AND GET ONE NOW!

AMMO DRUM! The best mod ever!

Edited by GREENMAN41z

Sure, many of us don't enjoy this nerf including me, but that's only because I want an easy way to get kills and too lazy to get off my butt and get off my safe spot to get more ammo or use other guns. I also saw this nerf coming ever since Orgris was released and I did have my fun for that long period of time, time to come up with a new way to get some kill without infinite ammo or find other resource like start running around and picking up those ammo on the floor or ream-ammo restore or better modding to keep the ammo up to the use.

Oh hey guess wot? Vauban is not nerved YET :DDDDD

Edited by theclinton
Cleaning up

Ammo reduction for launchers was something I'd wanted for quite some time. Sorry to say it but I disagree with your protest. Considering how powerful the Penta, Ogris and Angstrum are, letting them have 540 (or in the Angstrum's case hundreds) of spare rounds was just downright silly. I mean, in other games with rocket launchers and grenade launchers, how much spare ammo for these high powered weapons do they let you have? Because it's usually less than 10. Maybe up to 20.

We're not speaking about other games. We speak about a futuristic sci-fi game where we simply cannot discuss nor be limited by the sizes of ammo used in similar devices of today. However also in other games the devs won't understand things unless ppl protest and the most effective way is to stop playing the game up until it's fixed.

We're not speaking about other games. We speak about a futuristic sci-fi game where we simply cannot discuss nor be limited by the sizes of ammo used in similar devices of today. However also in other games the devs won't understand things unless ppl protest and the most effective way is to stop playing the game up until it's fixed.

You're perfectly welcome to stop playing the game in protest but the moment you start posting on the forums attempting to make people leave and quit supporting the game is the moment you've crossed the line.

I'm pretty sure that is against or should be against the rules.

Edited by JohnProdman

Not when they leech you and poison you. 

Also, ever heard of energy drainers? 

Yep and I'm also in the school of players that have no problem with them. You know, because I do my best to avoid them and succeed most of the time. if I get hit its my fault.

My point still stands.

OPs only argument is "now I can't get to waves in defence that are past what the game is balanced for". Its not valid in any sense.

The solution: stop playing, make sure everyone knows about it and QQ till my eyes bleed.

I'm done here. I don't wish to be drawn into the vortex or be around when things start getting hostile.

Everyone is repeating each other anyway. Evidently we wont come to an agreement.

Edited by StinkyPygmy