Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammo Nerf Protest

TX10000

I really enjoyed playing this game back in U7.5, but since then my fun went down the hill...
I recognize that having 500+ ammo in my penta, even having 200+ of ogris is way too much, but reducing it to below 100 simply defeats the whole idea of having it, or even of reaching the higher mastery ranks.

And so I call for a >>>>>PROTEST<<<<< of not playing this game.

Unless we stop playing this game and point to our motivation, the game will depend on how the DE's frontmen wake up from their bed.

So do complete the upcoming operations why not, but do not play (don't even log for dayly rewards) beyond that.
Post a message to that effect into the regional chat and do not discuss (nobody discusses with us neither).

I am the 1st of ANTI AMMO NERF PROTESTERS and I want my 100+ penta ammo belt back!!!!!

Edited by TX10000

If you've played for that long, you should know by now how the DEvs do weapon/skill balancing.

This is the first pass, they'll gather community feedback from this and then adjust accordingly until they reach a good enough state.

But I share Renegade's view, 100+ is out of the question.

Really miss the pre dojo days when we didn't have things like the Orgis getting in the way of our space ninja extravaganza.

With enemies becoming much tougher the penta/orgris are a must. Unless you wanna be limited to wave 15 at ODD.

Fruitless, indeed, if we do nothing.

If the forums are of any indication, we are doing something, but: 

1. Not as drastic as you suggest we should do to protest.

2. Not asking for another absurd maximum ammo pool value. Really, asking for 100+ explosive ammo pool is too much. 30-40 would be more reasonable. 

Lol nope.
Sorry but I use launchers fairly regularly and I have zero sympathy for you. It could possibly stand to be brought up to around 30 but other then that its not even an issue.

Ammo muation mods, ammo restore, and your pistol.

Really, thats what its there for.

Now you have a reason to conserve you're ammo for large groups and tanky enemies which is what those weapons are designed for.

Secondaries are great for taking out a few single targets. You know, when 30 angstrum rockets to the face is unnecessary.

Its gotta be said, protesting this by refusing to play is not only ineffective but kind of childish OP.

It reeks of self entitlement and lack of adaptability.

Why the pathological fear of change?

If you need launchers with absurd amounts of ammo to get handle "endgame" enemies then you need to try some other strategies/tactics. Never needed a penta or any launcher to solo wave 15+ODD and I don't now. And I'm not exactly a pro a WF. Average at best.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

If the forums are of any indication, we are doing something, but: 

1. Not as drastic as you suggest we should do to protest.

2. Not asking for another absurd maximum ammo pool value. Really, asking for 100+ explosive ammo pool is too much. 30-40 would be more reasonable. 

The number is not as important as the fact that nobody discussed with us, the players. I recognize the 500+ ammo pool was too wide but 20 because of one-two devs waking up from their bed IS what i call absurd.

The number is not as important as the fact that nobody discussed with us, the players. I recognize the 500+ ammo pool was too wide but 20 because of one-two devs waking up from their bed IS what i call absurd.

Nobody discussed with us?

I have no words. Have you seen the PSA regarding the sniper rifle/explosive weapon tweaks? They did listen to our feedback/concerns about the affected weapons (and a few more), and actually went to changed that (Attica, Torid, Flux Rifle etc.) so these weapons would be more useful. 

All i can say is I AGREE WITH DE !

Now players can't mindlessy spam explosives anymore and have to make every shot count making those weapons actually require some kind of skill on theyr use rather than just go around "LOLOLOL, EXPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE, SO EASY TO WIN AND MAKE KILLS".

People complaining at this are probably the same people that go around spamming Ults to every enemy they see and don't want any skill involved challenge but just play the game in the cheapest way possible.

Get your gear and start using some skill (if you like to "lololol spam" you can always add an ammo mutation anyway).

Oh and FYI, i use Castanas as secondary weapon but i agree anyway with DE about the nerf.

Lol nope.

Sorry but I use launchers fairly regularly and I have zero sympathy for you. It could possibly stand to be brought up to around 30 but other then that its not even an issue.

Ammo muation mods, ammo restore, and your pistol.

Really, thats what its there for.

Now you have a reason to conserve you're ammo for large groups and tanky enemies which is what those weapons are designed for.

Secondaries are great for taking out a few single targets. You know, when 30 angstrum rockets to the face is unnecessary.

Its gotta be said, protesting this by refusing to play is not only ineffective but kind of childish OP.

It reeks of self entitlement and lack of adaptability.

Why the pathological fear of change?

If you need launchers with absurd amounts of ammo to get handle "endgame" enemies then you need to try some other strategies/tactics.

With mods i wont get my 100+ rounds, right? The mutation, if you play single, try to move down into the fray and make it out alive (the ancients are very good at knocking you down and basicaly 1hiting you so gl with that).

Now about my adaptibility. I drew a line you did not. I can ask you why are you so servile?

Edited by TX10000

All i can say is I AGREE WITH DE !

Now players can't mindlessy spam explosives anymore and have to make every shot count making those weapons actually require some kind of skill on theyr use rather than just go around "LOLOLOL, EXPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE, SO EASY TO WIN AND MAKE KILLS".

People complaining at this are probably the same people that go around spamming Ults to every enemy they see and don't want any skill involved challenge but just play the game in the cheapest way possible.

Get your gear and start using some skill (if you like to "lololol spam" you can always add an ammo mutation anyway).

Oh and FYI, i use Castanas as secondary weapon but i agree anyway with DE about the nerf.

This was not really constructive not convincing. I still want my 100+ ammo belt; i can see we disagree.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/288724-psa-weapon-changes-sniper-rifles-launchers/  

It's been officially discussed since 9th August (internally, who knows), they even went back to review some of it because of player input. This wasn't just a spur-of-the-moment change.

Life is about adapting to new situations.. well RIP launchers.

Btw, i dislike the nerf too.

Unless you're joining the protest, you might as well say your prayers for other content as well for this is not gonna be the last nerf.

With mods i wont get my 100+ rounds, right? The mutation, if you play single, try to move down into the fray and make it alive (the ancients are very good at knocking you down and basicaly 1hiting you so gl with that).

Now about my adaptibility. I drew a line you did not. I can ask you why are you so servile?

I'm almost exclusively a solo player and ancients or not its makes little difference. I learnt to duck and weave and avoid getting hit most of the time (with banshee no less).

I adapted and the players that can't adapt effectively are normally the ones complaining about every single change DE makes, whether it be a nerf, buff or something else they are never happy and inevitably end up freaking out and doomsaying for months at a time. This change was necessary. Bring it up to 30 maybe, but much more then that and it will make 0 difference.

I'm not being servile, its just you're reaction and perceived solution to get what you want is really entitled.

We were warned, it was discussed with us.

I'm sorry but I strongly dissagree with the entire premise behind this thread.

"OH no now everything will be nerfed, lol nerfframe!"

This type reaction and pathological fear of any change at all Is priceless and all too common unfortunately.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/288724-psa-weapon-changes-sniper-rifles-launchers/

It's been officially discussed since 9th August (internally, who knows), they even went back to review some of it because of player input. This wasn't just a spur-of-the-moment change.

Well i have been to the link you proposed there are 3 pages of posts, how many ppl were involved in that discussion then? Where are the rest 17k+ ppl (from steam statistics)?