Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammo Nerf Protest

TX10000

The mutation would matter and would be an argument if you would be able to put down enough number of enemies that would drop enough number of ammo. At higher waves this cannot guaranteed. You spend your 26 (with the mods) ammo pool without downing one of the guys. Next!

If you run out of ammo for your penta or ogris, switch to your secondary or go melee. Or simply use your ammo wisely.

You counter yourself by saying that at least 50 is balanced for warframe man, next time call those names yourself.

I have a problem with the people DEMANDING 100+ ammo for a launcher that can kill 20+ enemies in one shot.

I can adapt to 20 and use it effectively, but you can't. So to make a compromise, 50 should be optimal for people who cannot use their secondaries.

PS: Read Letter13's posts.

Ammo souldnt be an issue since enemies drop them all the time, so the ammo nerf sould not be a problem. Never used mutation mods before but those seems a little overkill with ammo in this case, but how do they work exacly?

If the weapon you have equipped has an ammo mutation mod, every ammo pack you see can be picked up (ammo packs of a different type than your current weapon get "converted" and give less than packs for your weapon type, but it's ammo for your equipped weapon from normally incompatible ammo packs).

Basically a sniper rifle with sniper ammo mutation equipped can pick up any and every ammo pack, but you get less ammo from non-sniper ammo packs you see.

If the weapon you have equipped has an ammo mutation mod, every ammo pack you see can be picked up (ammo packs of a different type than your current weapon get "converted" and give less than packs for your weapon type, but it's ammo for your equipped weapon from normally incompatible ammo packs).

Basically a sniper rifle with sniper ammo mutation equipped can pick up any and every ammo pack, but you get less ammo from non-sniper ammo packs you see.

Ah, that explains alot. It might not sound useful for ammo hungry weapons like the grakata (still love that weapon), but weapons like sniper rifles and explosive weapons could really use that mod.

If you run out of ammo for your penta or ogris, switch to your secondary or go melee. Or simply use your ammo wisely.

The primary is your main gun (logicaly doing the most dmg) - if penta can't down it, you only delay the inevitable. Besides, try to melee toxic ancients.

Edited by TX10000

The primary is your main gun (logicaly doing the most dmg) - if penta can't down it, you only delay the inevitable. Besides, try to melee toxic ancients.

Easly done, its possible to melee all enemies, you just have to be creative. Also, Penta is not the only primary weapon in the game you know.

Just skipping through this and reading some of the posts, I can tell you this whole thread is pretty sad.

To contribute my fair share to the sad, I am going to make this post that adds nothing to the conversation directly but gives a sense of my general disapproval.

edit: If you can't tell, I've got no qualms with the ammo change, so this whole thread rubs me the wrong way.

Edited by Vyrnaazus

I have had no trouble whatsoever adapting to the new changes. Thus far, the only change I do not agree with is the Castanas, as that one in particular may have been a bit of an overkill. Other than that, I have rarely run out of ammo, and the only times I have are when I started panicked and shot rockets/grenades like a madman, which I should never do in the first place.

Also of note, I ran all kinds of missions testing these things. I obviously never ran into trouble on high-level Defense or Survival, and I didn't even run out on Exterminate, Capture, Sabotage, or any of that. Just for the hek of it, I never put an Ammo Mutation mod on any of them either (exception being the Castanas). Could the launchers be updated to 30 up from 20? Perhaps, but I'm personally getting by just fine with the new changes.

Easly done, its possible to melee all enemies, you just have to be creative. Also, Penta is not the only primary weapon in the game you know.

Maybe you speak about playing as valkyr constantly using her ulti. That is not an alternative. After all, her ability would also get nerfed, cause of dynamicity (the same argument as frost nerf, vauban nerf, nova nerf, ...).

Maybe you speak about playing as valkyr constantly using her ulti. That is not an alternative. After all, her ability would also get nerfed, cause of dynamicity (the same argument as frost nerf, vauban nerf, nova nerf, ...).

Nope, im not using her that often, i mostly use my excalibur prime (with Hayden Tenno' armor) and using Glaive. No problems there. Also, all melee weapons are usefull since melee 2.0, you jsut have to find a good way to use them (Also i am not a ability spammer mind you).

Dude, seriously? Am I allowed to insult a moderator?

You're not allowed to insult anyone, so no.

Switch weapon? You do realize that launchers are... launchers. It's not like changing a pair of gloves. If a launcher becomes unavailable, mission can be over. I understand that it's players' responsibility to maintain a launcher, but to suggest to change launcher - is like suggesting not to use toilet paper when you've run out of it.

What I'm suggesting is that when you run out of charmin ultra-soft toilet paper that feels like wiping your buttocks with silk made from clouds is that you reach two feet over to grab the spare bargain brand toilet paper. Sure it might not feel quite as nice but it gets the job done until you go out to get more charmin.

Plenty of secondary weapons are able to dish out enough damage to wipe the floor with enemies, and since secondaries draw from a different ammo pool than primaries, well, you can do the math.

Nekros buddy? So what, now we are officially tunneled into 75%-efficiency Nekroses in our groups? Like, really? Please, Mr.Moderator - announce it in the next hotfix. I'd be so overjoyed to finally be not alone, pwetty please. Otherwise good luck with your suggestion, it will certainly help public games.

If I'm doing Survival or Defense I want a Nekros on the team (whether it's me or someone else, doesn't matter).

One-trick pony? You've said it. YOU. The moderator. I could've understood if grandmaster paid for his lack of ingenuity, but moderator? We are playing a game, where almost every single frame has ONE, rarely two useful abilities. Iron Skin, Link, Molecular Prime, Tentacles, Hall of Mirrors, Radial Blind, Radial Disarm... list can go on almost indefinitely. And most weapons are used precisely because of their effects, not just out of fancy. You can't casually ask players to remove their weapons, because ... well, because they are not so needed, or what? Besides, didn't DE make Melee 2.0 as an option to male gameplay melee-only possible? How's that for a one-trick pony?

Yes. One trick ponies. That's what I see when people complain about how they "can't" survive now because they have to be just a wee bit smarter with their ammo usage. The same one trick ponies that climb up to a high spot and just lob penta grenades down in a carefree manner because they pick up 20 ammo per ammo pickup and have a reserve of 540 ammo. Leaving launcher ammo pools so large for such a long time has caused players to develop an ugly habit. They have 1 trick: shoot a grenade/rocket and that's it. It's boring, and by reducing ammo pools DE has expressed that they'd like players to be a bit more involved in the game than just sitting on their rear ends in a single spot and clicking the mouse every second or so. This is Warframe, not clicking-simulator 2014.

Melee 2.0 was to make melee-only viable. They didn't tell you "You can only use melee weapons only until the end of time and can't switch weapons at all", so no, it's not a one trick pony.

You could bring ammo pods here, but that's optional personal investment, which is too much to ask for a whole group of weapons. I understand when energy pod is used to heal QT or restore group energy, but ammo pod to maintain 20 ammo weapon? <censored>

It takes me 1 minute to build 10 ammo pods. They're cheap as dirt to build, easy as hell to deploy, and your teammates who are also using launchers (or high ROF weapons) will thank you.

There is literally no reason to be upset over the alternatives I've suggested. They are solutions to the problem, but whether you want to acknowledge them as such is your prerogative. 

I have a problem with the people DEMANDING 100+ ammo for a launcher that can kill 20+ enemies in one shot.

I can adapt to 20 and use it effectively, but you can't. So to make a compromise, 50 should be optimal for people who cannot use their secondaries.

PS: Read Letter13's posts.

As i've stated earlier (post from 12:21 pm today) the point is not 100 really, it's to open a discussion on how many rounds is good enough, who knows maybe it'd end with 217 and maybe with 7; Ask the players who own the launchers.

Edited by TX10000

You're not allowed to insult anyone, so no.

What I'm suggesting is that when you run out of charmin ultra-soft toilet paper that feels like wiping your buttocks with silk made from clouds is that you reach two feet over to grab the spare bargain brand toilet paper. Sure it might not feel quite as nice but it gets the job done until you go out to get more charmin.

Plenty of secondary weapons are able to dish out enough damage to wipe the floor with enemies, and since secondaries draw from a different ammo pool than primaries, well, you can do the math.

If I'm doing Survival or Defense I want a Nekros on the team (whether it's me or someone else, doesn't matter).

Yes. One trick ponies. That's what I see when people complain about how they "can't" survive now because they have to be just a wee bit smarter with their ammo usage. The same one trick ponies that climb up to a high spot and just lob penta grenades down in a carefree manner because they pick up 20 ammo per ammo pickup and have a reserve of 540 ammo. Leaving launcher ammo pools so large for such a long time has caused players to develop an ugly habit. They have 1 trick: shoot a grenade/rocket and that's it.

Melee 2.0 was to make melee-only viable. They didn't tell you "You can only use melee weapons only until the end of time and can't switch weapons at all", so no, it's not a one trick pony.

It takes me 1 minute to build 10 ammo pods. They're cheap as dirt to build, easy as hell to deploy, and your teammates who are also using launchers (or high ROF weapons) will thank you.

There is literally no reason to be upset over the alternatives I've suggested. They are solutions to the problem, but whether you want to acknowledge them as such is your prerogative. 

I don't know about how easy it is for DE's interns to do stuff. I cannot afford spending 100 (10mins + time delay by UI - maybe 15mins [instead of playing]) pads to reach wave 30. This does not help at all.

I don't know about how easy it is for DE's interns to do stuff. I cannot afford spending 100 (10mins + time delay by UI - maybe 15mins [instead of playing]) pads to reach wave 30. This does not help at all.

If you're using 3,000 Penta grenades to get to 30 minutes, you're a one trick pony. Use your secondary weapon. Save your heavy hitting weapons for later on when the enemies get tough and don't waste them on the small fries which are just as easily killed by a secondary or melee weapon.

I'll use maybe 5 or 6 ammo pads in a 30 minute time span TOPS. And that's only after my primary AND my secondary run out (I have a bad habit of rolling with Ignis/Flux and machine pistols, which have arguably on-par or worse ammo economy than the launchers after the changes). I also use ammo mutation mods on said weapons.

You really need that many to reach to 30 waves?

With 20 max ammo? Maybe it's only 75. The point is unchanged.

I once had a useful farming weapon, and instead of spending i was earning, now i have to spend, not even talking about how much i am capable to reap.

If you're using 3,000 Penta grenades to get to 30 minutes, you're a one trick pony. Use your secondary weapon. Save your heavy hitting weapons for later on when the enemies get tough and don't waste them on the small fries which are just as easily killed by a secondary or melee weapon.

HesRightYouKnowMorganFreeman_zps8afb3143

I'm just going to ask this question.

Did you try to actually use the said launchers weapons after this hotfix, to see whether the ammo is enough or not?

Or you just go to forums and do this protest without even see how things in the field?

Edited by Lorche

launcher users be butthurt

L2play a different weapon and stop complaining

Oh well copy pasting others people answer such cool guy you are....

Also , please keep those kind of stuff" L2play /L2P" away from this games , I'm happy that for now those kind of junk people was not here ,also he say he Enjoy the launcher weapon types , but since you didn't read , you wouldn't care , Troll first read later right? 

Also requesting to someone to stop complaigning while being [put any kind of bad word here] and withouth any kind of argument , well i see white knight are back everywhere in this forum