Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammo Nerf Protest

TX10000

By ppl who do not like trying. What an irony.

And that's why you're being called everything from narrow-minded to childish.

You won't even comprehend I don't think the protest is merited. So why would I try.

The honest reality is that I haven't spent much money on the game and that I probably will go back to Path of Exile next week. Warframe is a great diversion.

But for all that, I think it's a good game for what it's trying to accomplish.

Anything past your vaunted wave 50+ I start to consider to be a profitless and tedious realm filled with artificial difficulty. And I certainly don't have the interest in pursuing it.

I can understand why somebody might. But it's pretty obvious that you're a very very niche player. You obviously are incapable of seeing that though.

And that's why you're being called everything from narrow-minded to childish.

You won't even comprehend I don't think the protest is merited. So why would I try.

The honest reality is that I haven't spent much money on the game and that I probably will go back to Path of Exile next week. Warframe is a great diversion.

But for all that, I think it's a good game for what it's trying to accomplish.

Anything past your vaunted wave 50+ I start to consider to be a profitless and tedious realm filled with artificial difficulty. And I certainly don't have the interest in pursuing it.

I can understand why somebody might. But it's pretty obvious that you're a very very niche player. You obviously are incapable of seeing that though.

If you are truthful and this is just diversion, why do you even bother here? Maybe you should reach the 50+ wave to see the benefits, for me it's getting more (not just quantity, also quality) cores and mods, resources especialy if the squad's config is right.

I'm not trying to damage anybody. This form of "language" is the only thing they (DE) could understand.

DE do take note from this current action, but they have their methods of fixing things and progress behind this that you don't need to know, the fact that you think so lowly of the ability of a company that is able to produced this fine product for the likes of you to play in your free time is what prove your failing capability of understanding, hence why a topic like this happens and yet you still don't understand why people are so negative against your action.

Edited by yuikami

DE do take note from this current action, but they have their methods of fixing things and progress behind this that you don't need to know, the fact that you think so lowly of the ability of a company that is able to produced this fine product for the likes of you to play in your free time is what prove your failing capability of understanding, hence why a topic like this happens.

You assume too many things. Automaticaly you, for some reason, percieve me as evil just because i say my mind. Try to understand this.

Edited by TX10000

You assume too many things. Automaticaly you, for some reason, percieve me as evil just because i say my mind. Try to understand this.

I do understand and I don't view you or this protest as evil, I view this as careless, thoughtless and childish act. It's all represent in your post and replies.

Also I don't think this discussion is going anywhere, why is it not locked yet =[]=??

Edited by yuikami

I do understand and I don't view you or this protest as evil, I view this as careless, thoughtless and childish act. It's all represent in your post and replies.

Also I don't think this discussion is going anywhere, why is it not locked yet =[]=??

It might appear to you however you like. I do not have time to watch how the game is gonna progress in the boring shows or forums. From my point of view i am standing at a final decision and hence my protest and it's form.

If you are truthful and this is just diversion, why do you even bother here? Maybe you should reach the 50+ wave to see the benefits, for me it's getting more (not just quantity, also quality) cores and mods, resources especialy if the squad's config is right.

Because while Warframe is a diversion, it's a long-term one.

Trouble is, I don't want the drops from anything beyond 20 waves. I can just reset.

And I don't care enough about the keys to want to go for that long.

I'm also new enough that I'm just focusing on maxing all my builds.

At the moment, I'm content enough with the collection and gun upgrading simulator that DE has got going on here.

Edited by PlayGooYa

Because while Warframe is a diversion, it's a long-term one.

Trouble is, I don't want the drops from anything beyond 20 waves. I can just reset.

And I don't care enough about the keys to want to go for that long.

I'm also new enough that I'm just focusing on maxing all my builds.

At the moment, I'm content enough with the collection and gun upgrading simulator that DE has got going on here.

Well this protest is not against your playing style.

It might appear to you however you like. I do not have time to watch how the game is gonna progress in the boring shows or forums. From my point of view i am standing at a final decision and hence my protest and it's form.

Noone here is stopping you from protesting nor even care if you were to leave the game. Like many other people here, we have as much right to express what we think about your topic. That is all.

Noone here is stopping you from protesting nor even care if you were to leave the game. Like many other people here, we have as much right to express what we think about your topic. That is all.

And i have a right to wonder why do you waste your precious energy.

Well this protest is not against your playing style.

I'm saying that a good majority of players are fine with the game being exactly that. And that's the part of the game that attracts most players.

Endless missions are just an outgrowth of taking the toys from upgrading simulator out into the wild to play with them and push the boundaries.

Frankly, I don't see why you have a problem with that boundary being redefined since it gives you more reason to explore the growth of the game and to the meta. For a guy who likes to tout his skill, you sure are resistant to the idea of setting a new high score under a different meta.

I'm also pointing out that I'm mostly satisfied with the game, outside of the silly stability issues of the client that I do think are legitimate concerns. But you don't see me threatening a boycott over that.

I'm saying that a good majority of players are fine with the game being exactly that. And that's the part of the game that attracts most players.

Endless missions are just an outgrowth of taking the toys from upgrading simulator out into the wild to play with them and push the boundaries.

Frankly, I don't see why you have a problem with that boundary being redefined since it gives you more reason to explore the growth of the game and to the meta. For a guy who likes to tout his skill, you sure are resistant to the idea of setting a new high score under a different meta.

I'm also pointing out that I'm mostly satisfied with the game, outside of the silly stability issues of the client that I do think are legitimate concerns. But you don't see me threatening a boycott over that.

I protest because the "boundary" redefined my once effective penta, ogris and other launchers into being used now to effectively blow bubbles (waves 15+).

It's actually really easy.

1)Only fire on large groups. Leave singular enemies to your team or use your sidearm.

2)Use elemental procs or a crowd control skill to temporarily disable the enemy.

3)Run through the crowd (preferrabley with carrier) and pick up the ammo.

4)Use your acrobatics to get to another vantage point.

5)Repeat.

Sidenote:

Excalibur can utilize Radial Blind and Super Jump to do this effectively and fast.

Zephyr can do the same with Tailwind alone.

I'm certain most frames will find another way to do it.

I'm tired of this whole switch-and-bait endeavour.

"Oh look shiny new toys! Buy them /exhaust your materials to build them so you might have to buy future guns, they are truly the pinnacle of shiny toys never seen before!"

"Oh no your shiny toy has been nerfed and has been reduced to a gimmick, but wait! More shiny toys, surely those will never go away!"

It's actually really easy.

1)Only fire on large groups. Leave singular enemies to your team or use your sidearm.

2)Use elemental procs or a crowd control skill to temporarily disable the enemy.

3)Run through the crowd (preferrabley with carrier) and pick up the ammo.

4)Use your acrobatics to get to another vantage point.

5)Repeat.

Sidenote:

Excalibur can utilize Radial Blind and Super Jump to do this effectively and fast.

Zephyr can do the same with Tailwind alone.

I'm certain most frames will find another way to do it.

That works for some early waves. Ultimately you won't be able to get one single ammo drop to refill, cause you won't be able to put down even the small mobs with just one hit from penta (using all the good mods).

We're not speaking about other games. We speak about a futuristic sci-fi game where we simply cannot discuss nor be limited by the sizes of ammo used in similar devices of today. However also in other games the devs won't understand things unless ppl protest and the most effective way is to stop playing the game up until it's fixed.

How much spare rocket ammo does Halo give you?

Or Destiny?

Or Unreal Tournament?

Or Planetside/Planetside 2?

Or Mass Effect (2/3)?

Or Lost Planet?

Or Quake?

Or Deus Ex?

Or Crysis?

Or Rage?

Or Blacklight?

Or Tribes or Doom or Dead Space or Red Faction or Star Wars Battlefront?

See what I'm getting at?

I protest because the "boundary" redefined my once effective penta, ogris and other launchers into being used now to effectively blow bubbles (waves 15+).

And yet so many people flatly disagree with you.

Actually now I'm sure you're just exaggerating.

You can still do mindless spam Penta with an Ammo Mutation mod at 15k damage and get past wave 15+.

Edited by PlayGooYa

And yet so many people flatly disagree with you.

Actually now I'm sure you're just exaggerating.

You can still do mindless spam Penta with an Ammo Mutation mod at 15k damage and get past wave 15+.

Even without ammo mutation, i never had any problems with the ammo with those weapons, so yeah, definitly exaggerating.

How much spare rocket ammo does Halo give you?

Or Destiny?

Or Unreal Tournament?

Or Planetside/Planetside 2?

Or Mass Effect (2/3)?

Or Lost Planet?

Or Quake?

Or Deus Ex?

Or Crysis?

Or Rage?

Or Blacklight?

Or Tribes or Doom or Dead Space or Red Faction or Star Wars Battlefront?

See what I'm getting at?

We cannot compare the numbers directly, even if we would know them. We would have to understand how effective the shots are in these games. Great example is Borderlands 1st vs 2nd, the number of rocket rounds has been greatly reduced but the kick has been buffed to outbalance the reduction. So in BL1 you were using it (launcher) just like any other wep, nothing too special, in BL2 you are using it for huge effect.

Edited by TX10000