Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammo Nerf Protest

TX10000

wrong, shield polarize on void or corpus works fine without a wep

At higher waves or survival's duration you'd be dead before you'd finish casting your trick. Also this is off topic.

Edited by TX10000

First off the ammo adjustments were posted over a week ago. Should have started your protest then..

Secondly: Guh'BYE!

Thirdly: What does a launcher have to do with mastery? Mastery gets you more trades, more extractors, access to other weapons (up to 8), and will play a key role in the focus system. I'm guessing you're another one of the many people, that only pay attention to certain aspects of the game, or you would not have even brought up mastery.

I have over 3700 hrs in the game, and I have no need for launchers, except when I want to see a big boom. Many of my other weapons are just as effective, and way more enjoyable. I'm doubting you have the time logged like I do, so if you've spent all this time attached to one weapon type/play style, it's time to move on.. The game is far from over..

As I posted in another thread, here is the reality of the former ammo capacity on launchers..

junk.jpg

Edited by Gurzil

Mirage reported going past 100 with Penta ODD solo... (Won't vouch for it, but from the details, a fear Kubrow was used, as well as Saryn spectre. Either way, going long-solo ODD with exploitive abilities isn't a discovery of the century)

Oh and getting to wave 15 is possible with Tesla, just so you know.

Personally I never noticed ammo, and I don't like AoE weapons, because they were just that - AoE. As I said - Amprex and rarely Stug does pretty much all the AoE job I need, without manually detonating Penta or charging Ogris. So if you really think that AoE weapons diminish other weapons - perhaps your mentality has forced DE to make this change, and other people have to suffer now?

And... sorry, but your last paragraph is more laughable than even Letter. Warframe is a game of skill and planning? Sticky that. I can't get people to Desecrate or Vortex on cooldown, and you call this game TACTICAL? Bring Nyx to Tower Defense - you win. Bring (good)Vauban to ODD - you win. Bring Loki to Tower Survival - you win. Is that the meticulous planning you are talking about?

that is not what i meant, i meant there are multiple ways to handling different situations. I felt Explosives were going to get a nerf sooner or later, as personally it was pissing me off that there would be 1-3 players spamming angstrum and taking all the kills, leaving only a few here and there because they didnt interest them to kill them too. For example, for Sechura on Public, i always ran into a vauban with angstrum or ogris, and they would vortex the pod and just blast them to pieces, where the others didnt have to do a single thing. That is not what Warframe is about, having one player be able to do the entire thing while the others drink a cup of coffee or watch tv in the meantime. Warframe is a CO-OP game with Solo mode, which thanks to some people, i often play more solo as with others. The players that are upset over the Explosive nerfs are for me either A) those that stand in one place and blast away the map, or B) really dont understand how to mix weapons and warframe skills to be multipurpose. I play loki prime now as my main warframe, and i never had any issues. When things get a big mobby, i go invis and hack them away with my sword or glaive prime, use marelok to take down the larger enemies, and latron prime as support. But its possible to do the exact same with Frost, or Nekros, just keep moving and always switch around. so in recap, what i meant about planning and skill etc, is that should warframe really be a game where you can just stand in one spot and blast the map away without doing anything other than clicking the mouse and watching tv? (defense referense) I think not.

First off the ammo adjustments were posted over a week ago. Should have started your protest then..

Secondly: Guh'BYE!

Thirdly: What does a launcher have to do with mastery? Mastery gets you more trades, more extractors, access to other weapons (up to 8), and will play a key role in the focus system. I'm guessing you're another one of the many people, that only pay attention to certain aspects of the game, or you would not have even brought up mastery.

I have over 3700 hrs in the game, and I have no need for launchers, except when I want to see a big boom. Many of my other weapons are just as effective, and way more enjoyable. I'm doubting you have the time logged like I do, so if you've spent all this time attached to one weapon type/py style, it's time to move on.. The game is far from over..

As I posted in another thread, here is the reality of the former ammo capacity on launchers..

I'd repeat myself, nobody wants that, try to read the previous posts. Also, I do not know how you have played the game and I for one do not care. What I know for sure is that this change would impact my farming pretty heavily - a thing i would not like to see. For one playing for such a long time as yourself, you certainly can recognize this, right?

Edited by TX10000

I'll still do missions with my Penta even with the update because, well, I want to. and I can actually make it last and if you can at the very least use it when it's needed, than it seems like nothing much changed other than you can't just throw on clip capacity mods and go spam grenades/rockets everywhere because hurdurmur stuff blowing up everywhere so kewl. This "protest" has already been kicked down to it's knees enough, so you'd might as well just quit trying to argue about it.

Instead of unloading your anger onto my head - reason of which i really cannot comprehend (are you trying to massage-influence others? 'cause you certainly cannot convince me), try to post the max ammo size that would work for you, provided you are truly owner and active user of a penta/ogris/etc. Reasons are your own, so keep them.

Edited by TX10000

There's so much assmad and hateful posting in this thread. I'm feeling like nothing productive is going to come out of it and it's only serving to get people riled up and at each other's throats.

That said, OP you clearly don't want to listen to reason. You've had so many examples and posts in this thread made in extreme detail and you do nothing but reply in the same ways over and over. If you make a thread like this on the forums you need to be able to accept that people aren't going to agree with you and be able to respond to people who oppose your idea. You have not been able to do this.

The changes are here, they're done and they are here to stay. 

You are perfectly entitled to stop playing the game in protest but it is not okay for you to keep pressing a thread on the forums in an attempt to get people to stop playing or supporting Warframe.

Please do us all a favor and flag the thread for a lock.

Edited by JohnProdman

I think they need to rethink the Angstrom definitely, it goes through ammo a lot faster than the other launchers, and even with a potato and one forma my damage with it was falling off after wave ten on Sechura, so its not like it was super overpowered to begin with.

The nerf was simply very very poorly done.

Penta/ogris with split chamber is tons more viable than angstrum with any mods/cat/forma. they should have halved its ammo cap, 20 = ten shots and I'm pissed because that's now an unusable weapon by any means (mutation/ammo pod etc. is not worthwhile at all here) <3 I won't forget they raped you angstrum my fav.

As a modder of 15 years this was poorly done DE. Your work IS appreciated, but its consideration during application is null.

I understand the primaries being reduced, it may be spot on or over drastic depending on the players use. But its been repeated through the forums that the angstrum has become inadequate.

conservatively 60 ammo cap would be 20 charged shots; there is no mutation- and a mutation would be a waste. period. There's many solutions here. (new ammo type, or primary/secondary universal ammo with the weapon itself governing its pickup amount) Consider the use of the item, A primary IS a primary. Consider thousands of players who decide to play a game based on if its fun or not <- vital strike. This is your lifeblood. This hotfix is completely unviable because ammo expends at different rates per weapon and performs different uses per player type and game scenario. DE please WAKE UP or your game will fall apart. One decision alters the future of your playerbase. Much like choices we make in our own lives moreso determine our future. Please rethink how to redeploy what you want to do here. DE DE WAKE UP. Look at all the threads The market dictates that you adapt Or die.

all i have to say is remember when snow globe got nerfed, it was utterly useless, but in short order, they buffed it up enough to be worth actually using again, the same thing here, this was a hasty nerf, despite using sniper ammo now, the weapon still runs rifle ammo mutations but not sniper ammo mutations. it will get buffed again, wether or not it will be good enough, we will see

wether or not it will be good enough, we will see

It's good enough now.

The nerf was simply very very poorly done.

As a modder of 15 years this was poorly done DE. Your work IS appreciated, but its consideration during application is null.

I find it asinine that you honestly believe that you have put more thought into the reasoning behind the changes than they have.

Edited by JohnProdman

There's so much assmad and hateful posting in this thread. I'm feeling like nothing productive is going to come out of it and it's only serving to get people riled up and at each other's throats.

That said, OP you clearly don't want to listen to reason. You've had so many examples and posts in this thread made in extreme detail and you do nothing but reply in the same ways over and over. If you make a thread like this on the forums you need to be able to accept that people aren't going to agree with you and be able to respond to people who oppose your idea. You have not been able to do this.

The changes are here, they're done and they are here to stay. 

You are perfectly entitled to stop playing the game in protest but it is not okay for you to keep pressing a thread on the forums in an attempt to get people to stop playing or supporting Warframe.

Please do us all a favor and flag the thread for a lock.

I see you do the same, there are not just one type of arguments here, but also some supporting me. You however really cannot convince me, i know what i want and i know 20 is not ok with me. For all my laughs, some ppl here are trying to make me accept that we should fight mobs with nothing but our brains, well gl with that.

Also i'm not hurting the game nor the players, i'm trying to help them. So many ppl have left playing warframe - out of my 70+ friends, 1 stayed to play - from time to time. The rest is gone and unwilling to return because of ... nobody knows (well i may have an idea, 'cause i've talked with them). But I am not leaving yet; I have posted my problem and I am protesting by not playing for a time until this resolves; really if DE does convince me (by relaxing the limits), i'd call my protest off and stay.

Edited by TX10000

all i have to say is remember when snow globe got nerfed, it was utterly useless, but in short order, they buffed it up enough to be worth actually using again, the same thing here, this was a hasty nerf, despite using sniper ammo now, the weapon still runs rifle ammo mutations but not sniper ammo mutations. it will get buffed again, wether or not it will be good enough, we will see

One of my friends left playing warframe for good just because of that. A shame he has not posted about it, nor protested like i do.

Edited by TX10000

I have to say so far by the time I am playing this game, and it has been since U7, this is one of the few games I play(ed) where I feel like the devs are actually caring about their game and about their community too. So please, no PROTESTS like " We stop playing if you don´t do that and this". This isn´t the right game for such things.

It has been obvious since the day launchers were introduced, that they are ridiculously ammo-efficent. How many ammo does these weapons have in other games? Most of the time you are lucky if you have 2 spare rockets. So don´t be butthurt about so-called nerf with your little penta, besides, there are plenty of toys to play with if you can´t handle it.

Yeah my engrish, sry for that. 

The first time I used my Ogris in a mission, I believe my first thought was: 540 ammo? Will I ever run through that? Then I fired a few shots, blew up a bunch of infested, max ranked it, applied some mods, and etc, etc. The ammo nerf felt surprising appropriate. I mean, that, was an asinine amount of ammo, especially when I found the Angstrum, and ran out of ammo on that one fairly quickly (I approve of the buff they gave on the ammo on the Angstrum. Firing 3+ rockets in one burst runs through ammo pretty quickly). I haven't used the Ogris since the change and I don't know how long 20 ammo will last me, so I can't make my judgement on that. However, my opinion is that ammo drops should keep me somewhat afloat. (I just noticed that it uses sniper ammo while I was writing this post. That fact might weigh a bit more for some people opinion's on 20 ammo being a little low.)

I'm going to drift a little off-topic, but it still relevant. I noticed there's a lot of these negative forum posts on here, and I'd like to say that this does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the majority. It tends to be with most things like this you either get extreme (relatively) positive statements or extreme (relatively) negative statements. The middle-ground / people who don't care to state their opinions because they don't have as much of an interest as some of us, tend to not get counted in these kind of things. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they don't care or have an opinion, they're just not verbal about it.

Anyways, why don't we focus on some positive things from the update?

Grakata gets more ammo!

Lanka does more damage and gets more crit damage!

Vectis gets more damage, faster reload, and now does 30% proc!

Angstrum gets more ammo!

I mean, there's plenty of stuff to look forward to. It's just unfortunate that this weapon happened to have gotten nerfed. However, it might be good balance when you consider (properly modded) the damage potential vastly outranks pretty much everything else minus maybe like 7 weapons at most.

Pfft, I already stopped playing this game due to their stupid descissions. namely the new GUI that moves with every slight movement of the mouse that makes me puke.

I also already mentioned on the news post where they said about the nerf, that its way over the top.

One of my friends left playing warframe for good just because of that. A shame he has not posted about it, nor protested like i do.

And i have friends who stopped playing warframe simply because they are bored. Players comes and goes, but the game has to stay as good as possible and as balanced as possible.

If DE giving out super OP weapons just to attract players, that will be the real downfall of Warframe

It's good enough now.

I find it asinine that you honestly believe that you have put more thought into the reasoning behind the changes than they have.

Umm... The last minute decision to change the ammo type to sniper forgetting that the angstrom has no ammo mutation for this and using a bow/sniper causes both weapons to use the same 30 shot pool.   I could continue listing things that demonstrate that yes Edgarhighman probability does put more thought into things, because it would be hard not to.

Well since you guys are referring to ODD so much, lets take that on a scenario. During high waves, theres isnt just a few ancients, they are among hundreds of other infested units. A simple 3 hits might sound easy to ONE target, but try that on every one, not to mention that ammo doesn't guarantee to drop and also the fact that they can defend themselves. By the time you even get half of them down, the pod is already gone.

Oh, Im sorry, my Grinlok can punch through multiple targets and explode into toxic gas and takes out multiple targets with a single bullet! I do Sechura alone alot btw...

Why does everyone refer to ODD? Running out of ammo can be elsewhere, not just ODD. Maybe you should think outside the box. But hey, whatever floats your boat, right?

I run with Akstilleto's.. I run out of ammo a lot.. Then I switch to Grinlok.. How bout' you try carrying a secondary that acts as a primary when you run out of ammo? Put seeker on your Marelok and be enlightened! (There, constructive suggestion!)