The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened With Exp.

Davoodoo

Since u14 some of us noticed that we are lvling slower.

20 min t4 surv run yielded about 70k exp for your frrame and it was pathetic improvement 1 rank or less.

But with current 3 day affinity boost i did 25 min t4 surv i got 150k exp, ok exp is doubled everything fine, but that got me from rank 25 to 29 on mirage, what happened that double amount of exp got me 4 times as much ranks, not to mention that i had lower rank so in theory i should need less exp to rank it up.

Also exp distribution is much better with booster but we already discovered that time ago. 

So what happened?? bugs?? intentional punishment??

Edited by Davoodoo

The higher your weapons' or Warframes' rank is, the more XP you need for the next level. Levels 1-20 are a cakewalk, but after that the XP required to level up gets quite high.

I think what he meant was that before, he can gain enough experience in T4 to rank up a few levels, and as of this current build, he cannot rank up a few levels in T4. 

What i meant that these lower ranks required specific amount of exp to lvl up, but with affinity booster double amount of exp yields at least 4 times better results even when rank is higher.

Cant exactly remember which rank i had but it was between 20-25 and without affinity booster 70k got me less than 1 rank

With affinity booster 150k exp got me from 25 to 29.

That because Eximus enemies only grant the same exp as a heavy unit. They no longer give ridiculously high exp when killed now, unless they changed it recently again.

I know that, but even with affinity booster you dont get that extra exp yet i dont feel that my lvling is much slower compared to previous time when we got affinity booster.

There were reports of an Exp nerf and DE said they would look into it. As with most 'minor' fixes, we haven't heard of it since.

I find it disturbing that "bug" affects only players without booster.

We will probably hear nothing about it or "working as intended".

The reason that you're seeing such a large jump in efficiency (about 4x the levels when you're using a booster as opposed to when you aren't) is how the booster is applied:
-Every kill/poweruse/hacking gets doubled affinity when you get it.
-The random mission "challenges" give you double affinity

Besides this adding up directly in the mission it also dramatically affects the final item:
-The end of mission "Bonus" affinity doubled (and this can make up a surprisingly large amount of affinity)

And this "bonus" affinity that you get at the end of a mission is relative to the amount of affinity you get during the mission.  And since you get doubled affinity from the mission this bonus starts off higher than it would normally, and then it gets doubled on top of that.

So while the affinity booster says it doubles affinity, you actually do get roughly 4x when everything is accounted for.

Edited by Tsukinoki

The reason that you're seeing such a large jump in efficiency (about 4x the levels when you're using a booster as opposed to when you aren't) is how the booster is applied:

-Every kill/poweruse/hacking gets doubled affinity when you get it.

-The random mission "challenges" give you double affinity

Besides this adding up directly in the mission it also dramatically affects the final item:

-The end of mission "Bonus" affinity doubled (and this can make up a surprisingly large amount of affinity)

And this "bonus" affinity that you get at the end of a mission is relative to the amount of affinity you get during the mission.  And since you get doubled affinity from the mission this bonus starts off higher than it would normally, and then it gets doubled on top of that.

So while the affinity booster says it doubles affinity, you actually do get roughly 4x when everything is accounted for.

1+1= 2

(1 x 2) + (1 x 2) = 2 x 2 = 4

4/2= 2 

No matter what you do you get double exp

and yes i did count in bonus exp, total exp base+bonus without booster 70k with booster 150k and 150k given me more than 4x better results compared to 70k.

1+1= 2

(1 x 2) + (1 x 2) = 2 x 2 = 4

4/2= 2 

No matter what you do you get double exp

and yes i did count in bonus exp, total exp base+bonus without booster 70k with booster 150k and 150k given me more than 4x better results compared to 70k.

Sigh, no.

(1*2)+((1*2/2)*2)=4

Double affinity, plus 50% bonus times two.

@Synthua
Thanks for helping with that point

@Davoodoo
What Synthua posted is the truth.
Lets call your base affinity for a mission A.
Without a booster your affinity gain is (at least close to) this:
A + (A/2)
Which is your xp you got for doing the mission plus the bonus xp at the end.

With an affinity booster its:
2A + ((2A/2 ) * 2)
OR
2A + 2A.

The multiplier to the affinity essentially applies to the bonus XP twice.

@Synthua

Thanks for helping with that point

@Davoodoo

What Synthua posted is the truth.

Lets call your base affinity for a mission A.

Without a booster your affinity gain is (at least close to) this:

A + (A/2)

Which is your xp you got for doing the mission plus the bonus xp at the end.

With an affinity booster its:

2A + ((2A/2 ) * 2)

OR

2A + 2A.

The multiplier to the affinity essentially applies to the bonus XP twice.

Bonus exp is not multiplier, its basically bonus from your team exp. Most of it comes from kills team makes and its doubled by affinity booster.

But what does it matter, 150000=/=70000x4 and these are total exp(personal + bonus) results from my testing.

Edited by Davoodoo

@Davoodoo
I can promise you that the bonus xp is NOT team experience.
Otherwise if you play solo you would never see those bonus XP numbers(and if you took the time to run a solo mission you would see that the bonus xp is still there)
That bonus xp comes from the xp of a lot of things you do, and people actually tested it back when xp multipliers were a thing and we figured out that the bonus XP does get multiplied twice by the double booster because of how its calculated.

And I've dont missions where it said I got 100 base xp and over a hundred thousand bonus XP, and then the opposite as well.
Those end of mission numbers aren't too terribly reliable if you haven't noticed.

Edited by Tsukinoki

@Davoodoo

I can promise you that the bonus xp is NOT team experience.

Otherwise if you play solo you would never see those bonus XP numbers(and if you took the time to run a solo mission you would see that the bonus xp is still there)

That bonus xp comes from the xp of a lot of things you do, and people actually tested it back when xp multipliers were a thing and we figured out that the bonus XP does get multiplied twice by the double booster because of how its calculated.

And I've dont missions where it said I got 100 base xp and over a hundred thousand bonus XP, and then the opposite as well.

Those end of mission numbers aren't too terribly reliable if you haven't noticed.

You get exp for every kill made in your team, from my personal testing it appears you get 25% off every kill, in solo it means you get extra 25% for every kill, in team you get 25% of every kill team makes, if you made around 25% of total team kills bonus will be near you regular exp values.

With affinity booster you get 50% off every kill team makes so again around your regular exp if kills very pretty fairly distributed. 

Ofc there are also some other things but i couldnt figure out what affects it so i will believe wiki at that 

Bonus experience is gained at the end of a mission completion. It is shown as an additional gold bar on your mission end screen. Quitting a mission revokes your bonus experience. All bonus experience listed below gets a bonus based on number of team mates, solo it appears to be 25%. You gain bonus experience based on mission type, number of additional team members and other attributes:

• Kills: You get a bonus 50% experience from all kills at the end of mission.(though this part seems to be wrong, or you indeed get 50% but it depends on your range from teammates)
  • Unspent energy: 1 exp for every 1 unspent energy at the end of the mission.
  • Lockdown: 50 exp - normal (25% bonus at end of mission -13 experience).
  • Hostage (Mission Type and Secondary objective): 100 exp - normal (25% bonus).
  • Number of Team MembersRequires investigation.
  • Perfect Run: No deaths? No Detection? Requires investigation.
  • Affinity Orbs: Affinity orbs grant you 100 experience to your warframe and weapons. It isn't subject to bonus.
  • Affinity Booster: This is a store bought booster than doubles ALL affinity gains, including end of match bonus.
  • Mastery Rank Test: 50 exp or 100 exp (depends on the test)

If bonus exp was dependent only on your performance you would get S#&$ for being afk yet ppl do it to lvl their stuff pretty often.

Still bonus exp isnt a problem i counted it it in already

Problem is that 70k  got me less than a rank at lower ranked frame and 150k exp with affinity booster scored me 4 ranks despite being higher ranked.

@Davoodoo
And I am NOT talking about team XP.
I am talking about that "BONUS AFFINITY" that appears at the end of the mission.
And that "BONUS AFFINITY" amount depends on the amount of affinity you gained during the mission (including team xp).
So the amount of affinity during the mission is doubled.  Which increases the bonus xp.  Then the booster doubles the bonus xp on top of that.
I never said that it was dependant only on your performance.  But the affinity you gain (in all ways) directly contributes to the bonus xp.  And the doubler doubles that at the end, meaning you get a lot more than 2 times affinity from a booster.

What happens with the bonus affinity from kills is this:
At the end of the mission you get 50% affinity of all of the kills made as a bonus.
The doubler has doubled the affinity you already got from the kills.
Normally the bonus kill affinity is A/2.
With the double you get 2 times kill xp, lets call that B
SO at the end of a mission with the doubler you get B/2, or 2A/2 or A

THEN, the doubler doubles that final amount of bonus xp that was calculated, so you get (B/2) * 2, or 2A
So with the doubler the bonus xp from kills goes from .5A to 2A.

Lets plug in fake numbers:
Say you got 100 affinity for kills from a mission to your frame.
Your bonus affinity from kills would be (100/2) or 50.
WIth a booster you instead got 200 affinity from the same mission.
Your bonus affinity from kills would then be (200/2) or 100.  THEN the doubler doubles that final amount so you are getting 200 bonus affinity from the kills.

I'm not even talking about team share XP, which is completely different.  Just the bonus xp at the end of the mission.
While team share XP does factor into the bonus XP for kills, that is also doubled twice...

Not that hard to understand.

EDIT:
ALSO if you look at the xp tables to go from rank 25 to 29 takes 216K xp, plus however far it got you towards R30.
So it still got your frame quite a bit more than double affinity.
AND its quite a bit higher than the 150K that the end screen reported.
Dont trust that end screen.  Its so error prone its pretty much useless besides to see what mods and materials you picked up.

Edited by Tsukinoki

-snip-

Im also talking about bonus exp.

Team share exp is counted into regular exp

Im pretty convinced that boosted exp is shown properly or it never was and wiki got mostly errors, which is highly improbable.

25-29 would require(according to wiki) 216k exp, so its pretty close to reality, if it havent shown exp properly i would be 30.

ranks from 20 to 25 would require from 43k to 49k yet 70k havent filled even 1 lvl, meaning that there is error here.

Still that would be pretty strange cause 70k exp for over 20 min t4 survival run isnt that high, so something is screwed up with exp, before eximus nerf you could get above 100k from that.

Edited by Davoodoo