The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

"X doesn't really fit into Warframe..."

Everytime we get a new thing.

WE GET IT. You don't like it. But at LEAST wait for release to judge something beyond teaser images.

To be fair, the person was complaining about how the frame looked, not how he would play. One doesn't have to play with something to be able to pass judgement on something they've been show.

OT: No seriously guys, stop acting like Ash looks like a ninja.

This is a (stereotypical) ninja

lHW9FUJ.jpg

This is Ash

IKobSL5.jpg

If you think Ash looks like a ninja, you need to get your eyes checked. Ash looks like a guy in a unitard with with weird scaly plates on his arms.

Well, there goes any chance of me continuing to discuss this. I hate megathreads.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

And do you know the meaning of Limbo, and how it fits in perfectly with the theme of the frame.

Limbo (Latin "limbus" meaning boundary) is a medieval Catholic liturgical invention to address the problem of disposition in the afterlife for those who die under the taint of "original sin" but either never had the opportunity for redemption (such as infants who die or the stillborn)

Limbo part of the Infurum (Hell) which included Gehenna (place of the Damned) and Purgatory

So it is not a matter that "Limbo" isn't consistent with a VoidFrame ... it is that it is so commonplace, so uninspired, so ... so, so BORING

There are a bajillion other historical, mythological and even theological names that would have been more interesting for a VoidFrame

BUT, considering that the character looks like John Carradine from The Private Affairs of Bel Ami (1947), I'd say maybe "Limpet" suits him just fine 

Edited by ElHefe

I can't believe this!!!!

PS: I'm so sorry , I hope the sarcasm was obvious enough in the title so as not to actually get anyone's hopes up.

PSS: I don't know why I'm so excited about Limbo, after being so skeptic this whole week, but I swear if there is a cane-like melee weapon and its sold as a bundle with Limbo, I'll buy it. I swear i'll do it. GOD I'M SO EXCITED.

It seems you dont really get what ninja means. Its not the typical cliche S#&$ you see in anime etc.

Ninja means adapting, using everything possible to get the job done. Therefore, Limbo is quite Ninja.

Not your ninjutsu/headband/senpai kind of ninja. But historically, yes, hes pretty ninja....

Because realism is what people care about, not looking sleek and sexy.

Limbo represents nothing about Ninja. They may have not actually worn all black or worn mask but Limbo certainly isn't representing them historically,  unless you think Ninja, and not Kabuki actors, were just some guys who did stage tricks and performances..

Edited by UrielColtan

I hate megathreads.

i dont like them too, i get my profession in some creative sidearm of marketing and worked there for years, first rule of good marketing, bring things to the edge before you release it and drive everybodies need totally crazy and you will have the most amount of income you can get

enough DE ... its a game for our joy and fun and we love it !!!

Mods are prolly going to give me flak for this but, how ungrateful can you idiots be? Digital extremes are doing their utmost to improve and make warframe an AWESOME game, then people like you break them down because of a name? I mean come on.

I don't understand your reaction AT ALL

Do you honestly think that a bit of thoughtful criticism is inappropriate?

And yes, "breaking them" over a name is valid ... names have meaning, meaning has value and building value is what this franchise is all about

It would be MORE ungrateful to not provide constructive feedback

It would also be more productive to refrain from pejoratives when making a point ...

Perhaps it is here where you and I can agree that "names" matter

The difference is that I have not fallen to name calling even though I disagreed with some purely subjective aesthetic choices