The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

Lol you say that like there is any space on all those enemies to keep the actually lifesupport.

Not quite. I say that fully intimating that there is no space, that the model is likely a placeholder because everyone uses the same model (even the infested), and that you're playing a video game that is still in a transitive state best described by the word 'beta'.

I am not surprised they are adding this.  Zero G combat is something that has been asked for for a LONG time.  I think requests for zero G has gone back even to closed beta.  While I didn't see them handling it this way, I am by no means disappointed.  I think this will make people happy that wanted zero g combat, but also make those people that have been asking for space fighter like combat. 

As for the running out of air issue, I would assume that the Archwing has some sort of life support system.  But it has always bugged me that a window is broken or whatever, how the hell can such an advanced combat armor like a warframe not have a built in life support system, it just doesn't make sense.  But.. whatever. 

As I said, the lore entry is open to interpretation (at least for that one). What you perceive is not what I perceive, and that is fine.

Really, the description in Mag's codex references pretty much everything in the archwing teaser. The void shields, the wings, the acceleration...

You're kinda stretching it when you brush it off as a coincidence and "near-death hallucinations" is hardly an argument now that they've shown the teaser.

Here is a mashup from all the clips shown at the Gamescom Livestream so people can see.

Hype!

The Liset is a nice teaser preview on how this space combat will take place. Possibly much more agile, epic and awesome. 

For those who cannot see the link provided; 

Edited by Cpt_Atroxium

To keep it simple.

Ordis is carrying a lot of dead weight that a fighter and would not want on board. E.g. A whole arsenal of guns, ammo and explosives. Larger bulky machinery such as mod crafter and foundry. All your companions and genetic forge.

It is nice that DE have come up with another way of us fighting other than the same ship we use for everything else.

Secondly remember we fought the sentients in a way they did not understand or could adapt to. If flying around in ships shooting guns at things worked I think the Orokin would have tried it.

Arch wing feels a very Tenno way of doing things. With gun and sword, the old ways.

hrm. questions about this: will space fighting be three dimensional or still two? ( feet always pointing down in the same direction = 2d, able to turn so "down" is whatever feet are pointing so my left could be your up or back down etc for 3d) will there be more than one kind of wings? (variation in power, speed, agility etc would be awesome. i for one like to be a very speedy F*** when it comes to aerial combat), will these have their own weapon slot? will there be a training mode for using these before you actually need to use them?

almost unrelated but focus got no mention in the stream, is that coming with 14.5 or u15? or is it postponed once more? and on a slightly less important note has the mios (3rd place melee contest winner) gotten any love modelwise?

ZoE is fantastic I agree. But DE don't have Hideo Kojima and they just want to make copy.

well idk what to tell ya. my first thought on seeing this was "AWESOME" not "ZOMG ZoE RIPOFF" S#&$, i HOPE the flight system handles similarly to ZoE, i @(*()$ loved airbursting back and forth and towards the S#&$ i wanted to kill.

Having to fight outside the map DOESNT NEED LORE.

its just simply because of some surprise attack on the vessel that needs you to defend your ship and yourself

REMIND YOU that corpus and grineer factions are always raiding each other. its normal for the moment that you'd get into their fight.

ARCHWING is just a simple TOOL that the TENNOS use when theres emergency situations like this.

YOUR SHIP have ONLY STEALTH CAPABILTITIES AND NOT BATTLE CAPABILITIES.

you are THE WEAPON of your ship.

but truthfully , the wing needs some better boosters and design and such

im also wondering of the weapons you currently using in the mission.

U15 is FAR. its just a sneak peek and will be improved as time goes by.

logic please. use it.

DE doesnt need to release lore in this.

Edited by Ritchel

well idk what to tell ya. my first thought on seeing this was "AWESOME" not "ZOMG ZoE RIPOFF" S#&$, i HOPE the flight system handles similarly to ZoE, i @(*()$ loved airbursting back and forth and towards the S#&$ i wanted to kill.

I am hoping for that also... But I am pessimist to be honest. It would be great if we could manually move around the map. Trailer was scripted and like on rails. Moving backwards and forwards and that's it.

Did you see that light blue ''flares'' coming from Exa? Same thing in ZoE with fast homing projectiles. SAME ANIMATION. Oh geez DE.

Edited by TheFuryCro

i dont get the people who still stick with the "ninja" mindset

the corpus tileset you are in gets raided by massive grineer artillery , what willl you do? do ninja stuff(hide n shyt)?

you need to get out and fight somehow! <3 archwing!

i imagine wall running through debris in space or sticking with it for cover!!

this gameplay change is an opening to great things i guess,

im thinking swimming is almost similar to this space concept

Edited by Ritchel

Survival never made any sense with the whole life support objective.  Not that I really cared to much to argue the logic behind it. Kind of looking forward to what the new survival will be. I love and enjoy survival missions the most but I would not miss the life support at all if they took it out completely. Never did like leaving early cause some one got greedy with the life support. On a side note I hope they change it so that people can extract anytime they want after 5 mins. We all have our own goals. One should not have to leave early or wait for others to wanna leave.

if you notice in the beginning of the trailer excalibur gets coated in something blue, perhaps it's a space shield? i dunno. maybe you have a limited amount of time in space just as if you were in survival, and you will eventually will have to extract/somehow refill your oxygen.

Edited by zuperkid